Chapter 2

Away We Happened (SPIN-OFF TO I HATE IT)

Suzy smiled bitterly as she watched a cute couple walk down from the other side of the street in Myeondong. She felt a twist of happiness for the couple but disappointment and annoyance with the thought of how that couple used to be like her and Luhan. 

Used to be.

She felt her heart swell as she recalled the conversation she had with her colleague Minjee at Etude House at her last shift just moments before.


"Omo! Suzy-ah! You have to see this!" Minjee grabbed Suzy's arm in excitement as Suzy was picked up her bag, while showing her the content on her phone."What is it?" Suzy smiled at Minjee before showing her attention to the phone. Immediately her face fell. 

 "Choi Sooyoung just updated her instagram and she posted a pic with her and Luhan! And look! 257392 likes already! Gosh they look so cute together! I ship LuYoung so much!!!" Minjee jabbered completely oblivious to her situation. 

Suzy bit her lip as she scanned her eyes on the photo, it was a picture of Sooyoung kissing Luhan on the cheek with Line emoticons pasted around the boarder with the caption, "I love my Luhannie so much!~ Happy 1 month baby! <3"

1 month?! So Luhan you've been at this for a while... Suzy thought, holding back a scoff.  

"Yeah.. They are." was all she could say while she forced a smile at Minjee's direction. But inside she felt like shaking Minjee for showing her the photo. But alas, the girl doesn't know anything so can you really blame her? 

"I wish I could have a relationship like them! But in public of course, those 2 kept their relationship hidden for a while... God I would hate that! Hey! don't you know Luhan?! The two of you were friends from highschool before he debuted right?! Are you guys still good friends?" Minjee asked, cocking her head to the side while looking her, eyes shining with anticipation. 

Suzy gulped. She forgot that Minjee kinda met Luhan before. It was a couple of years ago back in their senior year when he was first courting her, but of course Minjee didn't know that either, she just thought Luhan was only at the store to hang out with Suzy. 

"Oh, we used to be. But not anymore obviously, he has his own life now and I have mine, besides we haven't spoken in ages. Look Minjee I gotta go, I have to do something for my landlady, see you tomorrow okay?! Bye!" Suzy said quickly while giving a light hug to the clueless girl before running out of the place. 


"Luhan-ah." she muttered under her breath while she continued walking up the street. "Someone just asked me if I knew you, and all I can say is that I used to. You officially ." She added while her breath, kicking the gravel as she walked, not looking at what was ahead of her. 

Suddenly she bumped into someone and felt a splash of liquid on her. Suzy quickly snapped her head down to the area where her eyes fell upon a huge bubble tea stain dripping from the top part of her shirt to the bottom, then she looked at the stranger who bumped into her, it was a guy who had very familiar dark brown orbs and cute side bangs and a little dimple on the corner of his mouth even though he wasn't exactly smiling. 

"Oh my God I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going and I'll definetely buy you a new shirt, do you need tissues? I think I have some here..." He handed her some tissues which she took thankfully.

 "Gwenchana I wasn't looking either!" Suzy said taking the tissues from him as she dabbed her shirt. "Aish of all days I had to wear white it had to be today." She joked trying to lighten upthe atmosphere while she caught the guy's eye who was looking at her anxiously and with slight embarassment. 

Suzy's eyes widened as she saw a guitar strapped to the back of his left side while the guy was looking at her in the very same way as well. 

He looks familiar. 

Wait a minute... 

"Guitar String?!" 

"Mr Dimple?!" 

They both said at the same time pointing to each other then, bursting out with laughter. 

"What?! Guitar String?!" she asked. "Well then again I suppose it's acceptable..." she muttered after replaying their first encounter in her mind. 

"You nicknamed me Mr Dimple?!" the guy laughed again while Suzy blushed, as her mind went back to the random nickname she decided to give him after his departure.

"I don't know... That name just came up at the spur of the moment." Suzy muttered embarassed, while she unintentionally played with the guitar string bracelet on her right wrist, which had by the way, had become a habit of hers lately. 

"You're still wearing it.." The guy pointed out softly, quite taken a back but pleased.  

"Oh yeah." Suzy smiled sheepishly, looking down to her wrist, blushing deeper. 

 "Haha your cute when you blush." The guy said patting her head. "But yeah, it looks like we meet again." 

"And I owe you a guitar string." Suzy said quickly. "You said if we met again you'll let me replace your guitar string." she said seriously which made him chuckle. 

"You and that guitar string.. Haha okay, but I owe you a shirt too." He said, gesturing to her stain shirt, "No arguements." he cut in when he saw she was about to protest. "You don't want anyone to see through your shirt, right? Or do you?" he smirked, but Suzy could see that there was sincerity in his eyes which made her flush deeper. 

"Fine." she agreed, nodding in defeat. 

"Well let's go then." he grabbed her wrist to leading her to a specific shop at the corner of Myeondong, which was quite crowded to get to. 

"You know, you still haven't told me you name from last time." Suzy recalled as she walked slightly behind him while they avoided walking into a crowd of tourists.  

The guy looked back at her and just chuckled, "Why would I want to tell you my name when I prefer being called Mr Dimple?" he teased, showing off his dimple as he smiled. 

"Yah!" she protested, feeling embarassed again. Aish stupid girl why did you say that? 

"Kidding!~ Nah it's Yixing. Zhang Yixing. So... What about yours?" he raised a brow, as he gazed at her, studying her face. 

"Mine?" She asked, pointing to herself.  "Oh, Guitar String." she said smoothly then she smiled back with a wink. 

Yixing rolled his eyes playfully before laughing. "Haha! Now I wonder why I find that hard to believe." he mused.


Author's Note: OMG I'm so sorry for such an overdue update, please just shoot me already! *offers thyself* I just finished my 2 week holiday and I'm back at school ughhh, exams in a month! TT^TT But just to let you all know, I won't be updating in a while (like I have been doing cos I'm terrible) until after my exams so just hang on till then! If I have the time I'll defs write out chapter 3 and post it immediately! Thanks so much for supporting and waiting ever so paitently! If you like what your reading so far please subscribe and upvote or drop a comment cos I really love recieving those ^^ also I'm sorry for the false notice of a new chap, I accidentally forgot to save this chap into draft and it posted but I took it down immediately as it was unfinished. 

Hugs & Kisses!

-Aera