Chapter 02

Gonna Pick Up the Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The plane ride had definitely been a long one. Twelve hours and forty-five minute to be exact, but who was counting? Taehyung's phone had died a little over halfway, leaving him with nothing else to do except sleep or think. The latter option didn't feel very appealing so he decided to catch some z's before his daily schedule was completely thrown out the window by the different time zones. In a sense he was basically going back in time by crossing over the international date line, which was kind of cool. Today in South Korea was technically tomorrow in America. So weird.

Strangely fitting for the odd alien-like boy.

Eventually, his brown eyes drifted closed and his head rested against the cool window, evening out his emotional fever until he was just numb in the grasp of sleep. Once again he suffered from a dreamless sleep. No more realistic nightmares or unattainable dreams. Just static like an old television and perhaps a soft buzzing accompanied that static. Everything was set in a monochrome-like style, nothing like the bright lifestyle he was used to, but it was strangely comforting as he fell even further in slumber.

It was until someone started shaking his shoulder and loud laughter woke him up, revealing that the plane had landed. He groaned softly as shifted in his uncomfortable position and opened his eyes. His sleepy gaze was met with the darkest set of brown eyes he had ever seen and he probably would have blushed, if a loud, "Finally!" hadn't interrupted his stupor. He glanced over to where the voice had come from you spot a shorter male with a snapback sitting backwards on his head. That must have been where the laughter was coming from. Before a scowl could properly form on his face, he could hear the other male speaking.

"Hey, Mr. Sleeping Beauty, I'm assuming you don't plan on riding again, so you might want to get up!" It was hard for Taehyung to wrap his foggy mind around the English at first, but slowly, he nodded and moved to stand up, stretching out the knots in his neck from leaning against the window. As he retrieved his bag, he turned to the boy he noted was a redhead and murmured a slow, "Sorry." 

With that, he left the two males behind so he could exit the plane and get the rest of his luggage before he started his new life here. As he walked, he found his mind trailing to the redheaded male. Despite looking of some sort of Asian descent, he was obviously fluent in English same with his companion. Perhaps they grew up here? Aish, why does he even care? They were strangers and the likelihood of them ever meeting again was very slim. Next to impossible really. Plus he had bigger things to worry about than a pair of boys. Like how the hell was he supposed to find his ride? Was he even promised a ride? Hell if he remembered and his phone was dead so there's goes that option. 

He was about to give up and find a spot to charge his phone when a sign caught his attention. A sign that clearly stated his name if you couldn't hear the person holding the sign shouting his name in hopes of catching his attention. Apparently the brunette didn't react fast enough, though, because moments later he was getting a face full of camera, the flash blinding him for a moment.

"Yah, you took forever! Did you forget about me? Aish, this kid. Well, as punishment and because you made me late for our appointment in the park, we're having your first photo shoot here. Set your bags down, I'll have Leo watch over them. Now go act like the model you've been trained to be in that lighting over there." The fashion designer spoke with a lot of hand motions and was very animated in the way he spoke, tugging the exhausted boy behind him along with the equally tired photographer. The quiet man they left behind simply sighed and took a seat on the bench that Taehyung's bags were set by.

"N-hyung, it's too early for this and my face is puffy." The brunette complained despite the fact he was already running his fingers through his hair to at least make himself look a little presentable. The darker skinned male simply shrugged as he looked the younger boy over, "It's actually afternoon so it's not too early. If need be, I'll just have Hyuk edit it, but you don't have a choice since you made us late. Now pose like the pretty boy you are before the good lighting is gone!" 

Taehyung sighed, taking a few more seconds to straighten his clothes before deeming himself ready. His gaze settled on the lens of the camera, a soft expression forming on his features (his basic pose). All that mattered was him and Hyuk (occasionally N would give his input) as the slightly older male snapped pictures with his expensive camera. Even the stares the trio were receiving didn't register as he continued to pose. Eventually N held up his hand so he could speak to Hyuk about where el

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter