Chapter 05

Gonna Pick Up the Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning an irritating object vibrating in his pocket woke Mark up from the best sleep he had received in a while. He groaned softly, moving his hand to rub at his tired eyes before sitting up to pull his buzzing cell phone from his pocket. He noticed that there was a surprising amount of missed text messages and missed calls from his roommates (most being from Jackson, to be honest the others had probably only contacted him because the Hong Kong native had insisted that everybody pitch in when finding their lost hyung). Actually another call was coming in right at that moment, but since it was Jr. he felt as if he should answer.

"Hello?" He answered with a slight yawn as he delicately removed himself from the couch so he wouldn't wake the adorable brunette, only pausing a moment to question how someone could look cute with their mouth hanging open and a little drool gathering in the corner of their lips. He shook his head with a grin and moved a little bit away to gain a little bit of privacy.

"So you are alive? You are so ing lucky that Jackson had gone out to search for your otherwise we would not be having this pleasant conversation right now. He is so annoying sometimes like we tried explaining to him that sometimes you need space and that you were probably just chilling. I mean, don't get me wrong, we were all worried about you, but it was about time that you just disappeared off the face of the earth because damn you seem to have no social life considering all you do is dance and then go home. Like do something , hyung, you're so boring. By the way, where the hell are you? I understand staying away from home for a few hours to chill, but you were gone the whole day and did I mention we were worried?" The black-haired male babbled pleasantly until his tone hardened into one of accusation towards the end of his rambling, "Like what the Mark? Even Jackson doesn't do that and he's ing all over the place. I mean that both ways, just so you know."

Mark listened while gnawing at his lower lip. He couldn't say that he hadn't been expecting this, but at least it was Jinyoung. If it was Jaebum or Jackson, he would have received an even bigger earfull just because the former is the responsible leader and the latter is his annoying best friend. "Yah, I didn't expect to stay the whole day, it just kind of happened, but I'm at a friend's place." He answered lamely, but that's all he had. He didn't want to give away where he was just in case he risked the chance of his roommate's coming to "save" him from the nonexistent perril he faced plus he wasn't sure how Taehyung would feel about that.

"Friend? Mark Tuan does not have friends besides those that were forced to become his friend because they are part of the same dance group and live in the same dorm-"

"Yah! That's not true! I have plenty of friends," Mark shouted before quickly lowering his voice while glancing over at the brunette on the couch, but the only thing the younger male did was roll over and snuggle more into the plush cushions, his mouth now closed, "And I'll be home soon okay. I'm just waiting for him to wake up so he doesn't think I just up and left."

"Wake up? Did I hear you correctly? Did Mark Tuan get laid? This is blasphemy! The order of the world is forever changed and I don't know if I can handle it right now! What about the children Mark? BamBam and Yugyeom look up to you! What will they think when their innocent hyung did the do? The horror, Mark, the horror. You need to go bathe yourself in holy water and repent before you ever think of approaching our poor innocent maknae line."

"You are so ing dramatic and no I didn't do that. I just slept over at his place because we were hanging out and he fell asleep on my lap. Nothing dirty was done and no innocence was ruined. So chill, Jinyoung." Mark couldn't cover his laughter at his overdramatic roommate, but his laughter soon faded when a pair of thin arms wrapped around his waist and when he turned his head, he was met with a sleepy grin from the affectionate male.

Normally, Taehyung wasn't this clingy with someone he didn't know a whole lot about, but he was still tired and Mark looked warm in his hoodie. So a friendly backhug was the obvious answer. "Hyung~," He whined softly, unaware the other's roommate could hear him perfectly through the cellular device, "It's cold." It was a simple statement. One that he didn't give anymore follow up to as he buried his face in the redhead's shoulder to optain a little of the warmth the older seemed to radiate. Why did Sungjae keep the apartment so ing cold? Ugh, hopefully their bedroom was warmer. Speaking of Sungjae, did he come home yesterday? Taehyung wasn't sure, but he found himself oddly okay with that. Sure he was worried, but who knew what the slightly older male would say if he was witness to this current situation. Mark chuckled a little bit as he led the brunette, who still hadn't let go of him, over to the couch again.

"Tae, there's a blanket.....but if you're still cold I can lend you my sweatshirt-"

"You little ! You're at that new guy's dorm, aren't you? I ing swear to god if that's where you've been this whole time, I'm going to hit you when you get back. Literally next door!" Jr's voice piped up through the phone with a scandalized tone and some clattering (Mark guessed the other was in the process of making breakfast) followed. "You better invite your boyfriend over for lunch today. I would like to formally meet him and judge if he's alright for my hyung."

Marked inwardly groaned as he set his phone aside to 1) let Jinyoung rant and 2) remove his sweatshirt for the shivering boy next to him. His long-sleeved shirt underneath would suffice for the chilly dorm. Taehyung practically lit up as he tugged the large

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter