Chapter 04

Gonna Pick Up the Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You douche canoe!"

Those were the first words that crackled through the speakers of Taehyung's laptop as he called his best friend on Skype. Jungkook's image on the screen sported a grumpy frown as he soon continued his rant, oblivious to the fact the brunette was not alone, "You said you would call everyday or at least text, but nooo. You don't contact me until today! What kind of friend are you? I probably would have died already if Jin hadn't said you we're alive. Oh my God do you know how late it is? I may be on summer break, but- Who's that?" His ramblings stopped as soon as his eyes landed on the redhead, who had fallen asleep with his head on Taehyung's lap.

"Hello to you too. Why yes I have been well! Thanks for asking!" Tae responded with a blank expression before he ran his fingers through his new friend's hair and grinned, "This is Mark-hyung! He's my neighbor and he's really cool. He's part of a dance team, Kookie! That's why he's sleeping right now. He wanted to say hello, but I told him to sleep since I took up most of his morning on his free day." He stopped speaking, though, when he noticed the amused expression on the younger male's face. He just raised a curious eyebrow in a silent question.

"Already making friends and you've been there a week now? He must be really special if he chose to stick around! Hoseok-hyung would be so proud." Jungkook wiped away an invisible tear as his face scrunched up before his adorable laughter tumbled from his lips, bunny smile prominent on his lips. Despite his offended yah in response, Tae couldn't keep the smile off his lips, still idly playing with Mark's red locks. His hyung shifted slightly, moving to nuzzle into the brunette's stomach as he snored softly unaware of the other boy's blush, but Jungkook wasn't. He smirked despite the slight clench he felt in his heart and leaned on his open palm, "Just wait, TaeTae, Hoseok-hyung is here and if he sees you cuddling with your new friend, he'll probably think you replaced him. He's going to be so sad hyung!" 

Taehyung's bewildered expression was what the younger had been shooting for, but what happened next, was not. The brunette abruptly stood up while waving his arms like he would if he was talking to Jungkook in person, sending the poor redhead tumbling onto the floor. In his panic, though, he managed to trip and fall on top of his neighbor as well as knock his laptop over. The only reaction being the black-haired boy's laughter and the redhead's pained groan from being dropped and squished on the floor.

"Ah, hyung! Are you okay? I'm so sorry! Oh my Mark?" Concern practically engulfed his tone as he hurried to get off the other male, only managing to fall backwards from how quickly he stood up. Now Jungkook (who still had a nice view of what was going on from where the laptop was lying sideways on the floor) wasn't the only one laughing, but Taehyung found himself liking this sound even more. Mark sat up, rubbing his back, but the pain didn't prevent him from smiling at the younger boy.

"If you wanted me to get up, there are nicer ways. For example, how I woke you up the day we met unofficially, Sleeping Beauty." He teased, getting back up to stretch and offer his companion a hand to help him up before pulling both of them onto the couch again. The brunette blushed again as he landed on Mark's lap, but he quickly move, using his discarded laptop as an excuse. "Is that Jungkook? Hi! Taehyung has told me a lot about you! Pleasure to meet you, I'm Mark, Tae's neighbor."

"Sleeping Beauty? Oh my god this is gold. I'm telling Hoseok!" Jungkook was practically dying because he was laughing so hard. Wiping at his eyes, he managed to compose himself better to speak again, "How the hell did you earn that nickname, TaeTae? Anyway, it's nice to meet you too, Mark-hyung! Taehyung talked very highly of you while you were asleep. Thank you for being his friend because I know he can be really hard to get along with." Mark was chuckling as the brunette whined in embarrassment, grumbling about how he didn't know why he was called the "troublesome" nickname. 

The redhead simply leaned over the couch to pinch the other's plump, pink-tinted cheeks, cooing at him in a teasing manner. This action only caused the younger male to whine some more as he shied away. Jungkook just watched the two interact in amusement, jumping briefly when a hand landed on his shoulder. He glanced up before grinning innocently up at the dancer, "Ah, Hobi-hyung! You're still awake? I thought you were watching a movie with Yoongi-hyung!"

Hoseok laughed and pulled up a chair next to the younger male, glancing at the screen in curiosity, "We were, but he fell asleep and I heard you saying my name a bunch of times. Why is Taehyung flirting with someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter