Chapter 03

Gonna Pick Up the Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surprisingly enough, it didn't take Taehyung long to adjust to his new place. The hardest part was probably making the meals simply because the ingredients here were different and he wasn't sure what Sungjae liked, but those were small things that he knew would come with just a little time. Actually that's what he was currently trying to do; make breakfast.

It didn't help that he was currently on the phone with his talkative brother while he searched for ingredients in the cabinets of the small kitchenette. "Jin-hyung~ I love you to death, but I have to go get groceries and.... Yah! It's rude to interrupt even if you're older. Yeah, I guess I'll let you help me pick out groceries. Hold on let me ask my roommate if he wants anything," He paused as he moved his phone from his ear to peer into the living room-like area, but the taller male was no where to be seen so he called out his name, "Sungjae-hyung!" Still no response. Did the older male even come home last night? He couldn't remember. Just the slight mention of someone by the name of Peniel and party. "Aish, I guess he's not home so he'll have to deal with what I buy. Just let me grab my keys hyung and then we're off to the college's market! Did you know they have a Korean section? It's nice to see something familiar in a foreign place. They also have these really good chocolate things and mmm... N-hyung says I shouldn't eat too many or I'll ruin my model image, but they're so good, hyung!"

He spoke in a light, mirthful tone as he skipped to grab the keys to his dorm as well as his wallet. He didn't have a lot of money, but he was sure he had enough for at least groceries. He listened in amusement to his brother's nagging about how he should stay healthy and not spoil his stomach with sweets. Both of them knew, though, that the younger wouldn't listen. It was just in his nature to do what he wanted as long as it wasn't illegal or would get him in too much trouble. He pressed his phone between his cheek and shoulder as he slipped out of his dorm and turned to lock the door back up just in case someone thought it would be funny to break in.

"Awe, I really miss talking with you even though it's only been a few days. You sure have been busy with your bakery, but Namjoon-hyung deserves some love, too! Come visit soon, yeah? America is really different and it's really hot here. Sometimes I don't want to leave the dorm, but classes call. N-hyung is so demanding and acts like a diva if I'm just a minute late! I don't know how Ken and Hongbin can stand him and they've been models under his line way longer than me! Oh right, sorry hyung there's just so much to talk about, but it's getting late over there I bet so I'll let you go. Nighty night hyung~ Sleep tight and don't let Namjoon bite ~! Haha, love you!" With a loud laugh, he finally hung up and pocketed his phone. Man his brother was probably blushing right now, but as a younger brother it was Taehyung's duty to embarrass his hyung especially when it was about his brother-in-law. As he turned, though, he walked smack into someone else who had been awkwardly standing by considering during his phone call, the brunette had managed to take up the whole hallway (it wasn't a very large walkway, though).

"Oh, I'm sor-"

"Sleeping Beauty rises again! Wherever you're going must be truly special if it's making you leave the dorm on a free day! Would it be prying too much if I asked what you were doing?" Ah that voice. He glanced up to find a playful expression to greet him as his redheaded neighbor leaned up against the wall. Mark Tuan. Now there was one person Taehyung couldn't forget, which was a bit unsettling considering he literally knew nothing but the male's name.

"Ah, hey Mark-ssi. I was just headed to the market on campus because Sungjae thinks he can survive off of instant ramen and I'm tired of having the same thing every night. Where are you headed?" He figured he could at least try to be social considering the other male had done nothing to deserve disrespect. Maybe Mark could become a potential friend.

The redhead's eyebrow raised slightly in disbelief before a wide grin spread across his lips, showing off his bright teeth. "I'm actually headed there, too. Jackson ate the last of our good food and I lost at a rock-paper-scissors competition so I'm in charge of groceries. Would you mind if I accompanied you? I mean, to show you around since you haven't really looked around campus. Oh gosh that sounds like I'm stalking you. I'm not I promise. You just kind of catch my eye whenever we're in the same room and I'm just making this worse, aren't I? I'll just be quiet now." Taehyung couldn't help but laugh a little (he would never admit that he giggled) at the new bashful expression that adjourned his once confident features. His soft laughter only caused the other's blush to darken slightly, but he was smiling again too so it must not have been too bad.

"You're different, Mark Tuan, but I'll accept your offer of company. I'm not even sure how to get to the market to be perfectly honest so I'm glad I bumped into you. Now stop being shy and let's go or I'll kick you in the !" He laughed again, moving so he was behind Mark and pushing his broad back gently in hopes of getting him to move. Luckily, the redhead simply laughed along with the brunette and led the way down the hall while Tae followed him like a lost puppy. 

"I'm different? Nah, Sleeping Beauty, you're the one that's a mystery so here's a little advice, a simple hello could lead to a million things

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter