Chapter 01

Gonna Pick Up the Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride to the airport had been a surprisingly quiet one. 

Jungkook briefly found himself wondering if it was because none of them wanted to cry in front of their friend who was about to start a chapter of his life far from them. Far from anything he's ever know and now as Jungkook spared him a glance, his breath hitched in his throat. Silent tears were making trails of liquid run down plump cheeks. He in a breath as he turned his gaze away and reached over to gently grip the older male's hand as a small reassurance. Out of the corner of his eyes, he noticed a surprised expression overtake his friend's features before he finally relaxed, much to the younger's relief. He may not want The brunette to leave, but he also didn't want him to feel guilty for following his dream considering the black-haired boy knew that their home only presented painful memories. 

It sure was going to be different without the goofy alien around. No more random, middle of the night calls. No more having the other make him laugh in person. Basically no more Kim Taehyung. He hadn't realized that a tear had managed to escape until a hand touched his cheek to wipe it away and his hand was being squeezed this time. He knew he should probably give his friend a thankful look, but he knew the dam would break then. He didn't want to unleash the flood until after his friend was gone. Then he wouldn't feel guilty. For what? He wasn't sure, but he wanted to at least send Tae off with a smile to be remembered by. 

It was then that he noticed the van had been parked for quite some time yet no one moved. The silence just hung there, increasing the tension until Jin broke it, "So...this is it. Are you sure you have everything? Is this what you want, Tae? If you need anything be sure to call me! Is your phone fully charged? I know how bored you can get on long flights. Remember that trip to Japan we took? This is an even longer flight so be sure to use your battery wisely. Make sure to get plenty of rest to prep for the time zone change. Did you pack that special neck pillow I gave you? Eat plenty-"

"Jin-hyung, I got it. You're acting worse than umma when I told her I was going. I'm going to be okay and I promise to take care of myself. I won't go off the grid, I already promised Hobi-hyung I would Skype him whenever we were online at the same time. Now can you guys walk me in before I miss my flight?" Taehyung responded with an appreciative smile as he wiped at his puffy eyes. They all knew there was no way he would miss his flight. They had made sure to come early because they knew their good-byes would take a while and they didn't want to risk it, but no one commented on that. They each simply climbed out of the van and helped with the luggage that literally held everything the poor boy owned that was okay to be on a plane.

Jungkook wasn't ready. He wasn't ready to say good-bye and not just because he was in love with the brunette, no. His friendship with the older boy was far more important than his affectionate feelings, but he definitely was not ready to let go. Letting go was accepting things and accepting things meant change. Jungkook didn't like change very much and now he liked it even less.

Once again time seemed to fly as he had been lost in his thoughts and he found himself face to face with Taehyung while the others gave them space to talk. He cursed himself for zoning out. Was he the last one to get a good-bye? He hoped not, because then that would mean the brunette would leave after this conversation. And now he was back to not being prepared, physically, mentally, or emotionally. For once in his life, he wasn't prepared.

"Kookie~ you're spacing out so much! Pay attention to me! I have something important to say," even though he whined, the only feeling was a serious one. This important thing was no joke, so Jungkook gave his favorite hyung his full attention. "You know how a week ago you said you loved me?" Yes yes he did and now it felt like he couldn't breathe. Why was this being brought up here? On his final day with his hyung? Why not a week ago when he confessed?

As if sensing the younger's internal panic, Taehyung held up his hands, "Wait hold on before you jump to conclusions. I've just been doing a lot of thinking this past week and if circumstances were different I would gladly accept your feelings, but it wouldn't be fair to you, Kookie. You deserve someone nice, that you can spoil, someone who isn't broken-"

"Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter