….With a poisonous tongue

It’s just business between us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two brothers were standing in front of a karaoke room. The sound of music and laughter could be heard through the door, but Jackson was struggling to open it. As if he was afraid of what he will see. Mark on the other hand was getting anxious because Jackson was so indecisive – he wanted to enter the room as soon as possible “Come on bro, I’m starting to grow roots here!” He pushed Jackson aside, opening the door himself and Jackson found that his fears came true.

 There she was. Singing and dancing, looking beautiful as ever under the flashing lights. It was almost as she was born to perform on the stage.

To her left stood Mino, who was giving his all in the rap section of the song Tell Me One More Time from Jinusean ft Hana. Mino looked awesome and Jackson suddenly felt insecure. He felt almost as he was intruding on “their date”. Jackson and Mino were friends, but there was always an unspoken rivalry between them. They were pretty much equal in most fields (ports, school, business…) but when it came to rap, Jackson had to admit that he has a lot to learn, if he wants beat Mino. Why does he have to show this charismatic side of him to Youngji? And why is she smiling at him? Jackson clenched both of his fists. He was moments away charging up the stage and punching Mino straight on his face. Seeing her with somebody else… he felt enraged and almost in pain. Like he couldn’t breathe. What is this feeling? I can’t possibly be…

“Oh, you came?” The song ended and only now Jackson noticed that BamBam was also on the stage.

“I thought this was a battle of women vs. men?” Mark asked. He sat next to Minzy and had his eyes only for her.

“Yeah, we won. Teayang left – such a sour loser.” Amber said proudly.

“The machine is broken, for sure” BamBam retorted. “But anyways, we decided to stay a little longer.”

Jackson was listening to the conversation, but not really hearing it. He was too focused on the sight in front of him. Mino and Youngji were discussing something with their heads close together and their backs facing Jackson. Jackson was slowly starting to boil up inside. And when Youngji laughed at Mino with her signature laugh and gave him a playful shove, it was more that Jackson could handle. He just turned around and left, without saying goodbye to anyone. He had a thousand thoughts going through his head. He was in the parking lot trying to cool down in the night air, when he was interrupted.

“What are you doing here?” It was Youngji, his wife, the reason for his sleepless nights and his confused mind.

Jackson turned around to face her “Oh, so you noticed I’m gone? Waa…”

“Why are you-“

“Just shut up! Can’t you just be quiet?!” His words made Youngji startled, Jackson didn’t seem to care about it as he continued “I don’t like the way you are behaving lately. Are you purposely trying to embarrass me?! I told you before, be careful when you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter