Awkward...

It’s just business between us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An eary silence descended in the house. Youngji could not even face anyone at the moment so she just made a run for it. She ran so fast trough the door that no one in the room even had the time to react. Hara glared at her brother-in-law for a while before running after Youngji.

Youngji made it into her bedroom and dropped on her bed. She was so embarrassed she could feel her cheeks burning. Hara followed her in the room. Youngji really didn’t want to face her right now so she covered herself with a blanket so that only the top of her head was visible. If Youngji thought that that was going to prevent Hara from interrogation her, she was very wrong.

“So…Misses Wang, huh?” Youngji could feel the sinking of the mattress as Hara sat next to her. She waited for a reply for a minute, but nothing. “Really Youngji?  The silent treatment? You know that does not work on me.”

Youngji finally put the cover of her face and faced Hara. “Oh my God, Youngji!  Are you having a ? You’re so red…” Hara started laughing out loud.

“Oh come on, unni! I’m already embarrassed as it is. I’m sorry you had to witness…that.”

“So how come it’s my first time hearing about this guy? I came with a full intension to end his life, but I have a feeling you wouldn’t like that.” She gave her younger sister a playful nudge and a wink. “So when did you two meet? Are you happy with him?”

“What is up with all of the questions?

Hara stood up from the bed and started walking around the room. “It’s just …My little sister got married without me knowing all of the sudden. I mean really – BAAM!” Hara turned around towards Youngji again “Tell me the truth – are you pregnant?”

“WHAT!” Youngji felt another rush of blood towards her head.

“It’ s a perfectly good question giving the circumstances.  So…are you?”

“No!”

“Good cause I’m not ready to be an aunt.”

“Why would you have to be ready?”

“Excuuusee me, but then I have to prepare myself to be the most awesome aunt ever.”

“Oh gosh… you’re dead serious…” Youngji looked in awe.

“But seriously sis-“Hara sat next to Youngji again “-Are you? Happy? In love?”

 Youngji looked her in the eyes as she said “I’m happy and I’m in love”

Hara always knew if someone was lying to her, just by looking them in the eyes. She stared at Youngji for some time before finally saying “Ok, I believe you. And I’m happy for you. Pissed that you did it behind my back, but if you’re happy, so am I.” Hara hugged her little sister tightly. I can’t believe I fooled Hara. Maybe her “lie detector” is broken Youngji thought.

“By the way, why does this room look so girly?”

“I think you should officially meet your brother-in law” Youngji grabbed Haras hand and literary dragged her out of HER room. It would be really bad if Hara would realize that the newlyweds are sleeping in separated bedrooms. Yeah it was better to throw Jackson under the bus. The wedding vows said in better or worse, right?

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --  -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -

Meanwhile back in the house office:

Jackson was sitting behind his desk and stared at a business proposal in front in him. He kept on staring, but he had trouble concentrating on the words. Why? Why?! Why did I do that? I pounced at her like an animal… But she kissed me back…Why? She probably didn’t want to blow our cover… What am I going to do now? Were friends…? He ran his fingers through his hair and lifted his gaze from the papers and saw in the corner of his eye that Mark was staring at him. He was so lost in his own thoughts that he completely forgot that he was even there.

“What?! You’re staring at me. You want to say something? Just say it and get it over with, huh?”

Mark kept staring at him, before speaking up “The lipstick… It’s really not your color.”

“What? What are you talking about?” He looked at his reflection in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter