The wedding reception

It’s just business between us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The wedding ceremony was quickly over, with no real surprises. Well, the bride was a bit shaky while exchanging the wedding rings.  The kiss was faked for the amusement of the guests (The fake turn and dip gag). Youngji seemed a bit freaked out about that (She thought he was really going to kiss her), while Jackson just had a big smirk on his face.

Then came the wedding reception. Youngji did not know anyone other than her family and a couple of her friends that she invited. Her new husband on the other hand seemed to be a very popular guy. She felt like a newcomer in this group of people. She was alone at the table, when a middle aged man with a very friendly face sat next to her. “Let me introduce myself” he said while smiling “my name is Park Jin Young and I will be – I mean, I am your father-in-law.” Youngji stood up and said hello while bowing 90°. They both sat down to talk, but Youngji kept staring at him. In her mind she had a totally opposite image of what he would be like (mean and manipulative like in K-Dramas), but now finally meeting him, she got the feeling that she couldn’t be more wrong.

Mr Park continued: “I know it seems crazy, and I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself to you earlier. But I just want you to know that I am truly grateful to you and family for what you have done for us.” “Bo- What- I mean, excuse me sir?” Youngji said visibly surprised. Mr Park laughed seeing her reaction “I really like you and I don’t mind my new in-laws. I kind of hope it will all work out and we can all stay like this – forever. But we all adults agreed that since you two kids were kind of pushed into doing this, we should give you two kids a choice if you want to continue this marriage after 2 years – so you can decide on your own. I swear we are not bad people, Jackson is friendly and considerate. He is not perfect – God knows he sometimes speaks and acts before he thinks, but he is a good guy.”  Jin Young took her hand and said: “What I’m trying to say is welcome to the JYP family and if you ever need anything come see me.” He stood up, waved at her and disappeared in the crowd. Youngji was left alone with a blank expression on her face; she was confused and wanted someone to talk to, so she was looking for her family, when she saw a familiar face walking towards her.

“Amber?” The two girls ran to each other and Amber gave Youngji a big hug. The two were talking and laughing for quite some time, before they parted ways. The whole encounter between the girls was carefully obser

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter