The beginning of the story of the bickering roommates

It’s just business between us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride to their new home was awkward at best. Youngji and Jackson were sitting in silence; he was biting the inside of his lips. He must be mad, Youngji thought. She wanted to ask him what was his problem, but right at that time the driver of the limo announced the have arrived.  The driver opened the door for them so they could get out of the car, then the driver bowed and left.

Youngji couldn’t help but open in awe: “Are we going to live here?” Jackson looked at her with a smirk on his face and nods.

“Alone?”

Jackson nods again.

“Why? It’s just so big! Too big for just the two of us!”

“It’s my dads gift to us. What, you don’t appreciate it?!”

“What? Of course I appreciate it! It’s just… just so big!!”

“I like it”, Jackson said with a smirk, “maybe once we enter – we won’t have to see each other again”

“A girl can only hope” she said as she opened the door.  “OMG!!!”  Youngjis eyes became even wider as they stepped inside. “Where is my room?”

“Up the stairs, second door on the left.”

“Well I’m tired… I‘m going to call it a day..” She practically ran up the stairs, like she was running away from the monster. Jackson was amused by the sight of her running away from him in her wedding dress, but slightly upset – he wasn’t tired and he needed something to amuse himself with. He likes to biker with her, her angry face was so cute and …What the hell am I thinking about?!?! He shook his head and went to watch TV.

 

When Youngji woke up it was about midnight. She slept for 5 hours, she felt refreshed and hungry.  She dressed herself (her stuff was already sent to the new house earlier that morning) and then she carefully step out of her room and ascended down the stairs. She had a feeling that the kitchen will be at the ground floor and she was right. A huge kitchen with a kitchen island. She always wanted to have one just like it. And now she does – well at least for 2 years she does.  She didn’t turn on the lights and in the darkness she found  a fridge. She opened the door and after seeing what was inside let out a sigh of disappointment “Just drinks? Seriously?”

 She closed the door of the fridge and that was when she saw IT. IT being a pale faced ghost, which was standing right next to her. She screamed in terror and dropped to her knees “Omona, I knew big houses were haunted, oh my god!!!” she screamed while covering her eyes.  The ghost started laughing in a scary high pitched voice “Yah – pabo! It’s just me – Jackson! You don’t have to kneel before me and call me god”. Youngji looked through her fingers and that’s when she saw a flashlight in his hand. “I can’t believe I fell for this old trick!”

“Yeah, I can’t believe it either”

“You almost gave me a heart attack!” Youngji was standing now, but her knees were still shaky.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter