Big Bottle of Trouble

It’s just business between us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was nine o’clock in the morning and Mark was eating his breakfast when he heard the knocking on the door. He went to open it and on the other side was Jackson.

“Jack, what are you doing here?”

“Well good morning to you to brother.” Jackson made his way through the door into the apartment. “I did what I promised. I had “the talk” with Youngji.”

“The same “talk” that our father had with us? You know, about ?” Bambam came out of the kitchen sipping a cup of coffee.

Jackson was shocked at him just barging into a private conversation “What are you doing here?”

“I live here; I think the question here is, what are YOU doing here?”

“I have things to discuss with Mark. Do you mind giving us some privacy?”

“Is it about the kiss?”

Jackson glared at Mark “You told him?!” He felt slightly betrayed. He thought he could trust him.

“What? You never said it was a secret.”

Well, that’s kind of true. “Fine, whatever… I made breakfast for her and we talked. We’re good.” Jackson sat down on the chair and started to flip true the pages of the magazine lying on the table.

“That’s all? You are not going to elaborate on that?” Bambam asked while both Mark and he sat at the table across Jackson.

“What do you want to know?”

“What exactly did you say?” Mark asked.

“Well, firstly I apologized for the kiss which was the result of the temporary loss of my sanity, I promised that will not EVER happen again and that I hope we will still remain friends as we used to before. That nothing will change between us.”

“And to all this she replied?” Bambam asked.

“OK” Jackson replied.

“Just, ok?”

Jackson nodded in reply. The two brothers looked at each other in despair, Mark put his hand on BamBams shoulder and said “BamBam, you poor boy. I feel so bad for you. Your brother Jackson is a complete idiot.”

“Excuuuuse me…Why the hell am I an idiot?!”

Mark turned his attention towards Jackson again “Where to start? You told her you had to be crazy if you wanted to kiss her and then you basically friendzoned yourself.”

“But we are friends – I don’t want anything else.”

“Really? Then let me ask you some questions. Number one – Why do you keep talking about her?”

“She’s my friend and roommate, we spent a lot of time together…Plus  you two keep talking about her?”

“ok… number two: why do you keep looking at her?”

“She’s better looking than you two. So yes, I think she is pretty, if you want to hear that. I’m not blind, you know.”

Mark smirked at his answer “Next  question – what if she starts to see someone else? Would you be ok with that?”

“Emmm…”Oh snap, did not see this coming. I won’t like it. We have at least maintain an image of a happily married couple, but I can’t say that. If I do, Mark will prove his point – whatever it is. “It’s in the contract, so if she wants… I’m ok. With it.”

Mark raised his eyebrows “say it again, with more conviction. You really can’t lie, you know.”

“Yeah I heard it before. Youngji said it’s a good thing.” OH GOD! I can see now what Mark meant by me talking about her.

Bambam started to nudge Mark, but his gaze was still focused on his brother sitting across him. “One last question – why are you here?”

“What do you mean? I came to talk to you.”

“Why can’t we talk over the phone or at the office as usual?”

“I…I…What are you getting at?” Whatever it was it made Jackson uncomfortable.

“It’s not all good, is it? You feel awkward around her, don’t you?”

Yes. “No.” Jackson couldn’t tell Mark that he kept staring at Youngjis lips and that even doe he made a firm decision late last night before going to bed, that it was all a mistake and that he sees her only as a friend, he had to take a shower this morning. A really cold one. Apparently in dreamland his mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter