The truth serum

It’s just business between us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji kept tossing and turning in her bed. It took 2 hours for her to stop crying. And now she just felt like a fool. We signed agreement – it’s business. How the hell could I forget that?  She buried her face into a pillow. I overreacted over a mere kiss. He even explained that it was a mistake, but no I just had to think those useless and ridiculous thoughts… I mean did I really expect him to fall in love with me?! She turned around and looked at the ceiling. God…I feel like such a-

“LOSER! OETORI SEN CHEOKHANEUN GEOPJAENGI-“

The noise made her jump up from her bed and she ran out of her room to the top of the staircase to see, who is making all that ruckus. Well that person turned out to be no other than Jackson, apparently unable to walk on his own, as he was supported by his brothers and BamBam was now trying to shut Jackson up by covering his mouth. It worked…Well until Bambam screamed in pain and started observing the palm of his hand.

Mark gave him a disapproving look.

“Hyung…He bit me!” Bambam said showing Mark the bite mark on his hand.

 Jackson looked BamBam with puppy eyes, said sorry in a cute tone and then proceed to sing the song “-MOTDEON YANGACHI GEOUL SOGE NEON…”

“Wow, he didn’t even miss a beat.”

“Stop complaining, we have to get him to bed, before Youngji wakes up!” Mark said.

“Well, I think is a little late for that...”Bambam said looking up to Youngji

“What’s the happy occasion?” Youngji asked while coming down the stairs to help.

Jackson stopped singing as he saw his wife in front of him. He kept staring at her, trying to focus his vision.

“How drunk is he?” Youngji asked Mark.

“Not enough to forget what I said.” Jackson mumbled “I’m glad you’re home – my beautiful and lovable Youngji”

“I see… He is completely and utterly hammered.” Youngji observed her “husband”, who had now a cheesy smile plastered on his face.

“I’m sorry noona. Did we wake you? Mark and I were trying to get him in his room as silently as possible.”

“ Yeah, he is just a complete mess right now. I can’t believe that someone this short is this heavy.”

Jacksons head snapped towards Mark “Did you just called me short? Do you think that you can attack my compex just because I’m a tiny winy drunk and get away with it?!” He detached himself from the shoulders of his brothers and took a rather unusual pose.

“I think you forgot brother that I am a fencing champion – prepare to be punished!” He launched towards Mark and fell over his own feet.

Mark and Bambam helped him get up, while laughing out loud. “It’s COMPLEX you idiot and you are beyond wasted, so stop trying to fight me because I’m afraid you are going to kill yourself in the process.”

“OK, brother. For tonight you are spared… but tomorrow at noon – we duel.”

Mark starting giggling and rolled his eyes. “Whatever you say-“

“She’s smiling” Jackson was focused on Youngji again “that’s relief.” Youngji suddenly found herself in the center of attention from all of the brothers. She didn’t know when or why she started smiling looking at them. It just kind of happened. She forgot for a few seconds how much she was angry and hurt, just by looking at them goofing around. Jackson was named as mood maker of the family for a reason. It seemed as he was blessed with the gift of making people laugh. “Oh, it is gone now – the smile.” Jackson said remorsefully. It was getting a bit awkward, so Mark signaled Bambam to finally get Jackson safely to his room. Youngji followed closely behind and then waited outside Jacksons room.

Mark got out of the room first and looked at Youngji with pleading eyes “I’m really sorry, that I have to ask you this giving the circumstances, but…Bambam and I have to leave. We have a really important meeting in early morning today and it is already 1 am. Can you please, please look after Jackson tonight? Please!”

“Mark are you using your aegyo on me right now? Seriously?”

Mark stuck out his bottom lip “Pretty please...”

Youngji could not resist his request. He is too darn cute. “Okay, okay. I will do it.” She said while laughing.

“Really? You’re a true lifesaver. I owe you one.”

At that time Bambam emerged from the room “I took of his shoes, his jacket and his belt. I am not going to further undress him. Oh, hell no! I’m going to get him some hangover medicine and water-“Bambam was trying to go downstairs t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter