Clean

A Broken Red Thread

DISCLAIMER: 

Oh my goodness, fifty views (don't fret about my probably overreactedness) but thank you so much. And to my first three subscribers, xxixao_s__rintintin, isaidso, and Kwon_Eunji (btw CUTE gif hahaha) Love you guys very much! And I hope you've all seen the Exodus trailers because cute aww. Anway, thank you again all so much for reading and I hope you liked so far of my Kai and Chen pairing. 

And, SOME, not all of the events have been personal so most names that I label people with, the es and stuff, are people who have pushed me around in my life. And a side note, if a boy or girl is treating you rudely and you like them, I'm sorry to tell you but as much as you are thirsty for their love, you don't need them. And no I am not promising you that there will be someone better or way more amazing, but in my eyes as a person who doesn't really like to sugarcoat, I'd rather be amazing by myself, then held back by someone who doesn't even value me as a human being. So, hell yeah I'm throwing shade, but the next time you're mean to a fangirl or anyone at all!!!!! remember that the chick might put it into a fanfiction and make you look like an . 

_______

"What you got there?" Jongin heard as a soaking from head to toe but smiling grandly Jongdae rushed over. Quickly putting the necklace into his pocket along with his thoughts, he gave him a small grin.

"No, how was your swim? Aren't you cold?" Jongin handed Jongdae a fluffy teal towel that he wrapped himself with as he shivered with excitement.

"That was so much fun, you should've played with me," he gave Jongin a darling pout as he entangled his caramel hair with the never frowing whales embroided into the fabric. The weather, it was biting winds and there was hardly anyone left on the beach. Abandoned and forgotten, the gaudy neon beach towels that gave an aura of desertion clung hoplelessly to the sand as they were slowly swept away by the raw gusts. Besides a family of four scrambling to leave, Jongdae and Jongin were probably the only ones left remaining on the frigid coast. Jongdae shuddered against Jongin, and he placed an arm around the caramel haired boy's shoulders as he leaned in to his warmth. Jongin could feel the wet fabric of Jongdae's sweatshirt against his skin, yet as uncomfortable the feeling was, the electricity of ectasy volted through Jongin's veins. Jongdae drifted closer where his head fell on Jongin's heart, and his eyes yet fell asleep. Jongin prayed that he wouldn't be awaken by the insane amounts of heartbeats, that beat through his chest.

The two sat there, one asleep. Jongin didn't realize the meaning of the old man. Was he a symbol for him to concede into his intense feelings and confess to Jongdae? As crazy as this unlikely love was, Jongin wanted to continue.

_______

"How long did I sleep for?" A groggy voice made Jongin's eyes creak open. An outstretched yawn erupted from Jongdae's lips as he stretched back. Sounds of calm waves moving in and out were comforting, and he never wanted to leave. But the sky was of gloomy violets and navy as the twinkling stars kissed the vibrant sun away to fullfill its duty. 

"Is it late?" Jongin pulled out his phone to reveal. 9:23 p.m

"We've been here for hours," Jongdae pushed himself up and swatted the sand off his backside. Jongin did the same as well and gazed out into the far vista of the sea. It seemed effortless how never ending a place could be. The weather was chilled, and Jongin could see Jongdae shiver slightly.

"Want to get something to eat?"

_______

As they sat down at the compact restaurant, Jongin couldn't help but feel uncomfortable in the creaky chair. Grainy sand itched various parts of his skin and he felt awkward. Glancing across the table, he too saw Jongdae distressed. They met eyes and exchanged rolled eyes and crooked smiles. 

"Hi, my name is Justin and I'll be your server tonight. What would you like to order gentlemen?" A bass voice asked them. Meeting eyes with a dark skinned young man, he beamed widely at Jongin, too wide.

Looking away uneasily, he mumbled, "A clam chowder please."

"Same as well," Jongdae eased as he handed the two menus over to him. He gave both of them another smile and sauntered away. Shuddering with disgust, he shook his head. 

"What's up with you?" Jongdae snorted and gave Jongin a tiny push. "You like the waiter?"

Shaking his head once more, he grimaced. "He reminds me of someone I used to know. Same name too, weird."

Sipping his ice water through the plastic straw, Jongdae winked at Jongin playfully. "Aren't you just full of tales today? Inform me about this human being that makes you shake with repulsion."

Well, Justin was Jongin's first so called love. It was terribly cliche but Jongin had genuine feelings for the exubarent and dark skinned boy who was all brute and muscular he had met in high school. They were sophmores and Justin and Jongin were paired unexpectedly one day in Biology. It was a weird pair as Justin was on the football team, basketball team, and volleyball team as to Jongin was, just Jongin. 

One day as they worked together on researching the compounds they needed to begin, and as off task Justin usually was,  he was on some elementary school website giggling at their over enuthusiastic facts about atoms. 

"See here, positive and negative atoms attract Jongin. Me and you?" he batted his lashes as Jongin felt a warm blush override his cheeks. 

"Who's positive, and who's negative?" Jongin smirked with a touch of amusement although he already knew the answer. Justin was a bright ball of sunshine. Popular and unfortunately, not the sharpest knife in the drawer though Jongin enjoyed his little times of confusion, for example one night they were texting and Jongin wanted to sleep so he sent

Jongin: Let's call it a night. I'll talk to you tomorrow, bye.

Justin: Call what a night?

Jongin didn't know if he was trying to be witty or cute so he ended it at that. Justin knew how to make the people that surrounded him smile. 

Even after the first science project, in times of future ones, they chose each other without a doubt as Justin slid into the stool beside him. From after school meet-ups at the library to study, it gradually became local milk tea places and restaurants for just leisure and good company. Those transformed into late sleepovers at each other's houses and warm cuddling as the nearby streetlights flickered. They would gaze into each other's eyes and count to a hundred. As Justin's eyes began to falter and eventually shut tight, Jongin's would remain alert as he would continue to count and watch Justin sleep peacefully. The dark skinned boy was special in his eyes, and he knew it just wasn't for the A's.

"1,079, 1,080.."

But as it became time for school, the undelightful pit where in Justin's eyes, Jongin had to stay near the bottom of the social food chain, where he had been kicked out since he stopped smiling at age nine. Of course Jongin never told Justin about his parents. It was embarassing and he just explained that his dad passed away when he was little and his mom just ed up after that, actually, that wasn't technically lying in Jongin's mind. His father was dead to him. Only a manila envelope addressed to Kim Jongin, and a pressed fifty dollar bill on January 14 and December 25 each year. Anyway, Justin never hung around or socialized with Jongin during school hours unless they were in the compact room of Biology where Jongin would wait on the edge of his seat for and the second 3:00 p.m struck, he would rush to meet him. But as they both progressed in feelings, it was just brunch with an occasional hello and hi, but the Football table grew in worry as they observed one of them, their "wolfpack" was around a whole different species. It was hard to accept when Justin told Jongin he couldn't hang out with him during school hours. Only throughout the compact as it seemed sixty minutes of Biology where the lectures on chemicals and distant letters on a whiteboard were smiles across the room. 

Jongin was pleased as if they couldn't socialize during breaks, it meant more time after school. They spent more nights together and as immature but playful Jongin was, ended up into tickle fights. Lengthy and air-gasping, Jongin was often on the bottom where Justin had strength and could pin him down. As soon as they passed Jongin's mother usually unconscious on the couch intoxicated by alcohol or Justin's caring parents, he would pin Jongin down and tickle the out of him. They would tickle until Justin would suffocate with laughter and Jongin's insides would hurt. 

"Ticklemonster," he would whisper into Jongin's ear with his y low voice. It made Jongin tremble with adoration. 

"Ticklemonster," as he agreed happily, to everything Justin would ever say. 

Jongin was quite puzzled on what he was to Jongin. A close friend? A boyfriend? It made his head spin with confusion. He knew he could never tell anyone that Jongin had told him to say that they were studying together. A friend of his from the football team had invited Justin to a "ragin" party over the weekend, but instead Justin had decided to spend it with Jongin.

"Dude, where were you? It was crazy man," his other football teammates agreed. Shaking his head, Justin replied simply.

"Bad grades. I had to study." 

Jongin's heart pained as he heard this from a distance, but he knew that this was for the best as on November 24, 2009, Jongin was given his first true answer to his bewildered state of mind, and an extra gift as well. 

"What am I to you?" Jongin had asked Justin as they both lied in bed. The reply he got was heart-wrenching and satisfying.

"Everything." 

And a kiss on the lips. 

It was gentle and probably a nanosecond, but Jongin felt the rush of passion and brilliance as their lips briefly met, It was a new sensation that he wanted more of, desperate for. But that isn't what he received. 

Justin didn't answer to any calls, or reply to any text messages. During Biology, instead of their regular conversations of smiles, Justin's eyes would be coldly focused on the board, expressionless. His eyes were both bruised black, and he was wearing crutches. Eventually, word spread even to the depths of the social food chain, that Justin's older sister, Keilani, who was a senior at the high school witnessed their heartfelt moment and told the captain of the football team. The team had beat the crap out of him, saying that he had been brought to the bad side, but it was okay, they were here to kick the gay out of him. 

What idiots. Jongin thought and as the bell rang signaling the end of class, he raced over to Justin but he was harshly pushed down with the end of the crutch to the ground. 

"What the was that for?" Jongin yelped but Justin spat in his face and looked self-consciously around to see if anyone had witnessed.

"Keilani doesn't know who you are, so let's keep it that way in exchange for this. Stay the hell out of my way you ing queer," he hissed and stalked off. 

And that was the last he saw of the smiling Ticklemonster.