New Beginnings

A Broken Red Thread

I feel like my fanfiction is hella long and it's boring af so I'm gonna try to juice it up now! I hope you guys like it :)

_________

They spent that night entangled in each other's arms. Ivory leg against toned tan muscle. Blossoming hydrangeas circled the two boys as they winked and pecked dry lips. Sweet bliss coated the honey stares against the acute glances. Jongin was amazed, all the melancholy was thrown out. 

The alarm clock on Jongdae's read red 1:28 am.

"Can you hear Santa's sleigh?" Jongdae whispered against Jongin's collarbone. 

"The jingles and excitement of children's houses being broken into by a jolly e then yes, I do," Jongdae gave a soft amused punch on Jongin's arm. He returned a crooked grin to the caramel haired boy. Twirls of excitement and serenity dilated Jongin's pupils. 

"I can't believe this," Jongin hushed as he kissed his caramel hair. Scents of dry linen and him gathered into his nostrils as he took a sigh. 

"What?" Jongdae laced their fingers, ivory and smooth bones against raged dark joints. 

"That you're with me, like this, right now." 

-

Days passed into New Year's that sufficed into a click of plastic champagne flutes filled to the brim of sparkly alcohol and a suffocating kiss that lead them to their first time making love. 

Delicate s and hushed moans echoed against Jongin's white sheets. Lapped skin against skin and the thin barrier of together. The dramatic line of lights on Jongin's headboard warmed the dark atmosphere, giving a fluid glow into the moments.  

-

Months passed into summer. 

Daily visits to the beach and laced fingers into the grainy sand. Long walks with bare feet on the boardwalk as salty breezes spiced their hair brittle and dry. Sugary cocktails and more laughing at Daphne. 

Summer were three months of pure happiness and vibrant memories with each footstep in the sand and drunk kiss on the lips. 

-

When September rolled around, the air turned brisk and chilly, but the couple's love were still fearless and powerful. 

Jongdae switched his major into psychology. Jongin was extremely pleased. They were both so happy. 

Stolen kisses on campus and mugs of coffee were the key. It was amazing how much they knew about each other, finishing each other's sentences. Tight embraces and cuddled nights together. Thick layers of exhilaration and epiphany with every peck on the lips, and as much passion as the first one on that chilly Christmas Eve.  
-

Years passed and they had both graduated college. 

With his crooked smile, Jongin drove Jongdae to the beach where they laid together on a faded baby blue beach towel and made sandcastles with the mushed grains. Soothing waves crashed into shore and it was cold. 

"I have to ask you something," Jongin stated as they both continued making their village. 

"Yes Jongin?" 

Jongin crept over and took the neon pink shovel that some family probably left behind out of Jongdae's hand and placed it on the ground. Staring into the doe-eyed eyes of the caramel haired boy he fell in love with four years ago, he could still feel and anticipate the fluttering heartbeats. 

"Marry me." 

And simply handed him the necklace he had gotten from the old man. 

"Mark Tuan and Jackson Wang?" Jongdae inquired with a twinge of laughter. 

"It was a gift and it means a lot to me Dae," he whispered as he wrapped his arms around Jongdae's waist.

"I love it, and of course you idiot." 

They made love on the beach that day. Hazy violet shades of maroon and purple began to circle the sky as they kissed and groaned into each other's ductile lips and ears. 

When they drove home, golden necklace resting on Jongdae's collarbone and their hands intertwined, there was a muted silence in the car. A silence filled with overwhelming love and ferocious care. Jongin couldn't help but smile the whole way back, as his free arm was soaring out the window into the night sky. 

-

Saying their feared goodbyes to the modest two bedroom apartment, Jongin mentally kissed the alabaster walls a goodbye and prolonged into the next chapter of his life, with his new husband. 

They moved to an apartment in a different part of town where it was closer to Jongdae's work, where he spent his internship at the nearby hospital. Jongin looked out for a job that could pay the rent, since Jongdae wasn't working. He got one as an accountant, and it was boring, but it payed the bills.

The apartment that Jongdae wanted wasn't cheap either. Modern and sleek, it was in an apartment complex that shiny wood embarked the entrances and buildings and vast windows that let the sun shine bright in. There was a tiny park in the middle as well as a swimming pool.

"It's perfect Jongin," he breathed as he the beige walls. 

"Anything for you Dae," as he wrapped his husband into an embrace. Anything. 

The first night, it was so peaceful. They hadn't finished unpacking so scattered boxes were stacked along the walls of their new apartment. Only a mattress was laid on the ground, as well as one of Jongdae's hydrangead pillows and Jongin's white comforter. 

Jongdae's caramel haired head rested gracefully on Jongin's chest. Short breaths and long outcomes made an adorable noise into the apartment. Lashes closed shut as he dreamed of the probable sunshine and positive vibes. 

Jongin's eyes were wide open. He hadn't been happier in his life, ever. Every moment, the shove from Justin, the slap of audacity from Allyson and the resentment of life and karma itself seemed to be composted out, as he laid there with the love of his life resting on his beating heart, embracing and feeling every of longing and love.