The First Night

A Broken Red Thread

It was the type of day where Jongin couldn't sleep.

Jongin would just lie in bed as he listened to the flickering of the nearby streetlights and the murmurs of the people outside smoking and an occasional stomping of them out. The high pitched yawns of his tired neighbors would pierce through the alabaster walls of his modest two bedroom apartment and mock Jongin's never closing eyes. The over authentic, as he would chuckle to himself, string of lights that hung shallow to the headboard of the bed would strike his fingertips with a warm response. It was 5:32 a.m in the morning and he had school in a few hours, but he didn't care. His head was crashed and overrun with the thoughts of him. The boy was optimistic, positive, and kind, everything that Jongin wasn't used to that he wanted to squeal with delight. He began to with his long fingers to draw endless patterns on the wall that all ended with loopy and flirtarious hearts. Eventually, his eyes would close and he would dream of his caramel hair. lovable brown lashes, and his oozing charisma. The way he ordered his gin and tonic at Daphne next to him and how his pretty pink lips would slither his tongue over the wedge of sour lime. A foreign feeling of monarch butterflies bottled up in his stomach as he tossed and turned within his white sheets, hoping the beautiful person in the room next to him wouldn't overhear his cheery thoughts. 

He would have these nights, day after day. His quick heartbeats and his wriggling around made himself sweat with excitement. Jongin was always eager to see him again. 

The love he felt for him was genuine and true. For now, there was already an unspoken sense of camaraderie forming between them, which Jongin was extremely pleased about, but he didn't know whether to tell him about his blossoming feelings. The new senses were exotic to Jongin but he learned to accept them and allowing it to be rushed as he thought that how someday, he might be really be happy.