Not Your Choice

Fallen Trilogy Part 2: The Secret Child of the Devil

"Wow."

She didn't expect Taehyun to be right. She was feeling like she entered another level. It was dark but it was clear and it didn't have mist around. It was interesting how each prince had his own characteristics. Beelzebub had a very strong connection to sparkly things but he wasn't greed. At least, not in every culture. He was gluttony and he was living on the same domain with Mammon. While Beelzebub had mostly empty caves, Mammon had a castle. Lucifer seemed to have a normal mansion with a dark hole above it.

"It can take a lot to find him. He may not even be here." Taehyun started.

"That's very pessimistic." Taehyun snorted.

"Welcome to my world." She didn't feel like laughing. It was indeed his world.

 

Walking closer to the mansion, a lot of skeletons and lower demons turned to stare at her. They knew who she was and they knew they should not dare touch her. At least, not when she was with someone else. If she was alone, no one would see. It would be innocently evil.

"This feels like the first day of school." She shuddered at the memory. At least demons were pretty obvious with their intentions. Humans were wicked creatures who would judge any living entity.

"I possessed a student before. Well, he looked for it. He was this young and ugly guy who wanted to show the others how smart and awesome he can be. Somehow, I got interested." She raised an eyebrow. He seemed so detached about that.

"And what happened?" Taehyun shrugged.

"I destroyed his life. Nothing unusual." She scoffed. He was so ignorant. She could only imagine how unfortunate that guy was to get Taehyun involved.

When they got in front of the overly big gate, Taehyun stopped.

"What are you doing? Let's go in." Taehyun shook his head and pointed at himself.

"I am an angst demon who moved to greed. I have no right to enter this house. If I do, I'm going to be retrograded to an inferior entity." She blinked in confusion.

"What?" Taehyun rolled his eyes. Human or not, she could be really stupid.

"I ran from the master that created me to Mammon. I can walk around without a problem in his domain. But here, not. This is too high for me who practically walked against my fate." That was really hard to process.

"Fine." She grabbed his wrist and his eyes widened. He felt a sudden wave go through his being. She opened the door and entered; Taehyun being dragged behind.

 

Saying that he was feeling inferior was an understatement. He was the on the back of a shoe. He was the scum who entered the forbidden kingdom. He gulped and walked closer to her.

"What now, Ra Hee?" Lucifer was there, doing nothing. No. He was looking at his reflection on the glass floor. He was dressed in the same cloth as when he visited her. Besides, his whole being was decent compared to the others. It was obvious he had been created with high standards before he fell.

"I'm looking for Myungsoo." The demon prince rolled his eyes.

"Of course you are. And? Why did you bring this betrayer here? Does he want to change his masters again?" Taehyun glared at him. However, that quickly turned around when Lucifer looked straight into his eyes. He gulped and grabbed her arm.

He descended the stairs and stopped in front of her.

"Myungsoo's favor for Sunggyu is done. He has nothing to do with you anymore." She closed her eyes and thought just how bad she wanted to hit him. But she couldn't. She was powerless in front of him.

"But I want to see him. I can do that much." He chuckled darkly and leaned in. Completely black and empty eyes were staring into orange orbs. Her eyes were completely black too but her orbs were orange, just like Beelzebub's. They had pretty much the same features but she was not dead yet and still looked more or less human.

"You have a lot of courage to stand up in front of me. Give me one reason why I should let you see Myungsoo."

"The inheritor."

Well, that seemed to do the job. Lucifer leaned back and looked to the side. He made a sign to a demon and glanced at Ra Hee.

"Fine. You can have him for the time being. But that doesn't mean he will be around you as much as before." She nodded. That was a good deal.

Lucifer walked away after that. Taehyun was a little impressed by her. After the high demon left, her hands started to tremble and she relaxed.

"You're scared of him." She nodded. She was terrified and it was mostly because of the stories.

"I'm scared because I don't know what to expect. Stories are not exactly preparing humans for the real deal."

 

The angst demon swayed back and forth on his toes in boredom.

"I hear someone came here and asked for me especially!" The guests turned around quickly and saw Myungsoo entering the large room with a smirk on his face. "Should I be honored or should you?" Taehyun chuckled and greeted his friend.

From a few feet away, she realized that Taehyun and Myungsoo got a lot of traits from Baekhyun and Chen. Their friendships were very alike. They even hugged manly like humans.

"The brotherhood in this room is overwhelming." Myungsoo laughed and surprisingly, hugged her.

"When I will see Baekhyun I will make him feel the same pain I did when he exiled me." Her eyes widened. He chuckled and let go. "I'm joking." His mouth was saying something but his eyes were telling Ra Hee that he wasn't entirely joking.

"I want to go back." Myungsoo raised an eyebrow and glanced at Taehyun. "But first I have to find a demon for Beelzebub. He's hiding in Japan and he's been acting suspiciously." The demons glanced at each other curiously.

"We get to kill and possess?" She stared at them blankly. Was that all they were thinking about?

 

"This is not exactly what I imagined the hole to look like."

To get to the Middle Earth, they had to go through the small hell hole. Well, she didn't know what small meant in Hell because that was definitely not small. It was a huge crater on a valley and it looked really bad.

"It smells like death."

Myungsoo glanced at Taehyun and the two smirked to each other. She leaned closer in order to see if it was moving. In that moment, Myungsoo pushed her in. She screamed and closed her eyes. They heard one thing before she got engulfed and it sounded a lot like bastards.

"You didn't have to push her." Taehyun stated after he got on the ground. They followed her through the hole.

"I know. But I wanted to." The demons chuckled between them and walked behind her.

 

She was standing in the middle of an island, looking into the distance.

"Is this for real?" They were on an island, in the middle of the ocean. She had never expected the other end to be in such a place.

"Did you really think the real hell hole is in America? Ple-ase!" She blinked in astonishment and turned to them.

"Where are we?" Myungsoo took a deep breath of unneeded air and smiled.

"Bermuda." Her eyes widened and she took a closer look at what was around her. Airplanes, ships and so on. "I thought people would have already realized why this place is a black hole."

 

"So what exactly happens here?"

After she registered where she was and what that meant, she started to ask questions. Myungsoo and Taehyun sighed.

"Even now you ask so many questions.” She narrowed her eyes at him and crossed her arms in front of her chest. “This place is like a magnet. We lure people here through different ways and steal their life force. Easy." She was speechless. So that was the mystery behind the Triangle of Bermuda.

"Actually, that makes more sense than any theory I heard before."

Taehyun stretched and stared at her expectantly.

"Are we going any time soon?"

She took a long look around before she turned to him.

"How?”

"You said it before. We just appear when we feel like it. Let's appear in Japan."

Myungsoo rolled his eyes when she didn't move. When he grabbed her hand she felt the ground shift under her feet. She felt a little dizzy and blinked. That was enough to get in Osaka.

"Let's possess someone and get this over with."

For the males, that was part of the job. But she wasn't even 100% dead.

 

"Do you see someone you like?"

They've been walking around Umada for an hour and nothing was happening. Taehyun was looking forward to seeing her behave badly. Myungsoo was definitely not experiencing the same emotions.

“No.” She responded quickly.

"So this demon is in a host club?" Myungsoo started. She nodded. "And he's been doing some nasty things?" She nodded. "Then why don't we let him continue?" She sighed and rubbed her forehead. Taehyun wrapped a hand around them and leaned towards Ra Hee.

"Wait. Host clubs are that kind of clubs right?" He moved his eyebrows up and down. "It's going to be so much fun."

"Why?"

"Because you have to possess a woman."

She didn't understand at first. Myungsoo chuckled and patted his friend. When she finally realized what he meant, she stopped.

"No." Myungsoo sighed.

"When are you going to accept the fact that you really don't have a choice?" He mumbled and pulled her forward.