Neulbom Garden

Fallen Trilogy Part 2: The Secret Child of the Devil

That night, Ra Hee couldn’t sleep. She went out to take a walk in the park. That left Baekhyun all alone in the apartment. He had a lot to think about too. His mind was swirling with what she told him before.

After Ra Hee met her friends, she came back home with a lot more worries than before. Baekhyun was waiting for her in the kitchen. She jumped when she saw him there, standing alone in the dark.

“What happened to you?” Baekhyun only stared at her judgingly. She raised an eyebrow and took the kettle. She was in need of tea. “Well?”

“I searched and asked about this legacy thing” She slowed her actions but didn’t stop.

“And?” Baekhyun scoffed.

“I’m not family and I am not your son. Our bloodlines are different.” She her lips and grabbed the sugar.

“I know.” Baekhyun turned around and stared at her back. “But that doesn’t matter.”

“Yoongi took a look at my sign today,” She looked up but didn’t turn to face him. “It seems that the pacts have one general sign and that is not even visible. Mine is. I have the endless knot on my forearm.” She gulped and stopped the stove. She put the kettle aside and poured the tea in a small cup. “Tell me it doesn’t have any connection with that legacy thing.” She looked down at her cup. “Tell me.”

“I can’t.” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at her. She turned around and waled towards him. She sat on the other side and looked at him intensely. “That is my sign, indeed. Your pact has been nullified when I signed you."

“Why?”

“Against what you think, you are my most treasured person. I like Sunggyu and I’m sure that will never change. I want you to keep living for me and for everything that we believe in. I will never have children but I want your bloodline to have something specific. Something magical.”

“Isn’t that the same as cursing my bloddline forever?” Well, that was kind of true. She was passing the curse to someone else because she was sure she won’t have any children in the future.

“Do you know what happens most of the time when the inheritor and commander meet?” Baekhyun was silent. “They marry.” His looked at his signed arm. “Not because they love each other but because they want to protect each other from demons and weird cults.”

“Is that what you will do?” She sighed and leaned towards him.

“No. That’s why I put that sign on you and chose you to be my legacy. I trust you. So please, trust me too and accept it.” He didn’t seem convinced at all. He was there when she almost died and just died. Actually, he was there when she started to change and saw just how big was the responsibility of that title.

“But it’s a curse.”

“A curse is a curse only if you make it that way. It depends on how you choose to use it. Someone smart told me that before.” Baekhyun looked at her. She had a soft smile on her face and her eyes were watching him with care.  He grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

“I will end in Hell because of you.” He mumbled.

“You won’t. I will take care of that.”

 

Have you ever wondered how it feels to visit a haunted house?

Baekhyun and Yoongi were all alone at home. Both were standing lazily around with messy bed hair and still in pajamas. Yoongi was on the couch, buttoning a random phone he found. Baekhyun was on the ground with a bowl of popcorn in between his legs. They were bored and Ra Hee was having a job hunt since her income wasn't the same after she finished Fallen.

Visit Jo's Haunted Tour and you will have the best experience of your life. For just-

"Turn it off. It's all bull." Yoongi threw a pillow at Baekhyun's head. The human narrowed his eyes at the demon but did change the channel.

"Are there haunted houses in the world?" He was genuinely curios.

"The whole world is haunted. A house is only a house. Ghosts gather in houses because it makes them feel alive. It makes them feel like they belong."

"But they don't belong anywhere," Yoongi nodded. "What about Ra Hee in a haunted house?" Yoongi's nose scrunched up in annoyance and turned his back to him.

"I'm playing a game here. Go read some books." That was meant in an offensive way and he made sure it wouldn't be taken as anything else

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and threw a few popcorns at his head. The demon glared at him over his shoulder.

"Don't take the low route with me." Baekhyun stared blankly at the short boy. He blinked twice and threw popcorn at Yoongi's head. The demon was ready to get up when someone suddenly appeared in the room and jumped on him. "Get off me you stupid excuse of a demon" Taehyun chuckled and hit the short boy.

"You know, I just came back after a long day of work. You should say something that would make me feel all warm inside." Baekhyun didn't move an inch. He was thinking thoroughly about that TV advertisement.

"Why would I do that? I'm not your wife." Taehyun raised an eyebrow and leaned back.

“But Mino was always welcoming me with things that would warm my soul," Yoongi looked at him in a weird way. "Like, he would say how evil I am for messing his life. Or how much of an I am for entering on him when he was with a girl." That got Baekhyun's attention.

"Mino had a girlfriend?!" Taehyun's eyes widened bemusedly. Baekhyun's tone was the reason. He sounded surprised. "I didn't expect him to have a life."

"Right? I couldn't stay there and watch him get a life. Therefore, I did everything in my power to destroy it." He clapped his hands loudly. Yoongi and Baekhyun flinched "His future shattered into small pieces" He looked so content.

"And you did that just for fun," Taehyun hummed happily and nodded. "That's sick."

"Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies and bloodstained futures." Baekhyun gulped. That stung after what he discussed with Ra Hee. But something was still bugging him.

"So, can we go visit a haunted house?" Taehyun and Yoongi scoffed.

"Why visit one when we can create our own?" He was evil. Baekhyun was sure Taehyun was one of the creepiest demons he ever met.

 

Ra Hee was tired. No. She was numb. Her legs hurt because of the heels and she was sweating under the suit. She went searching for a job in psychology and the only one she found was in University. K University to be exact. They were short on one teacher and she seemed to fit the post very well. Of course, with a degree like hers and a diploma signed by a prestigious university like Korea National University with one semester in America was more than fine.

She wasn't expecting the guys to be so excited about something.

"Why would I want to make a haunted house?" She wasn't even able to think correctly. They weren't making sense at all. Nothing was.

"Actually, I wanted to visit one not create one." Baekhyun glared from the side at Taehyun. He was planning in the kitchen with a less than bored Myungsoo.

"So it's not urgent and doesn't have a purpose." Baekhyun nodded. "Then we're not making it." She went straight into her room and fell face first on the bed.

A few seconds later, she got pulled up by none other than Taehyun.

"I want a haunted house!" She only stared at him with a blank expression. He shook her a few times before he saw her eyes closing slowly. He scoffed and threw her on the bed.

Granted to the sign on his wrist, she could make it stung without even trying. She only needed a simple thought and she heard Taehyun fall on his face. She smiled contently while dozing off. She loved the power.

 

"She is tired. Why don't you cut her some slack? She has enough on her plate." Taehyun was like a child. He was being scolded by someone who had no right to.

"When did you start to care, Myungsoo?" The vanity demon narrowed his eyes at his friend.

"When we became friends." That word seemed to make a huge difference because it made Taehyun shut up.

"Why don't you invoke a haunted house and get it over with?" Baekhyun shuddered at the memory. He could still see Ra Hee on the ground with blood everywhere. Yoongi noticed Baekhyun's reaction and looked at Myungsoo. "Bad idea?" The demons were staring down at him.

"You do remember she died in one, right?" Yoongi shook his head. He had no idea and truthfully didn't give a . "She won't accept anyway. We will have to make a trip to the closest haunted house and see if something fun will happen." Myungsoo's idea was good.

"What about the one in Jeju?" Baekhyun's option was bypassed quickly. "Why not?" He became the child now.

"Because that house is seriously haunted by some dangerous ghosts. Maybe the public doesn't realize it when they go visit but there are demons of low grade there. That's worse than an empty house." Baekhyun's interest only grew more.

"Then what about going to Neulbom Garden?" Everyone turned to Ra Hee. "I’ve always been curious about it." The demons and Baekhyun blinked.

"Alright."

 

"Do you really know what we're getting into?" The one driving was Myungsoo. It was weird because he didn't even have an ID. She glared at Chen and Baekhyun for the whole ride. Two years passed and none got their driver license.

"Well, from what I read, it seems very haunted. There may only be normal ghosts who got stuck there." Taehyun responded. "But we all know that's not true. Ghosts don't just stay on Earth without a reason. There's something fishy about it" He said the last sentence while staring at Ra Hee in the review mirror. Her head snapped to him and she scoffed.

"You are the only one who acts suspiciously. Why do you want a haunted house so badly? You live in my house and it's plenty haunted."

"Not in that way. We know each other." She rolled her eyes. He was whining for something so petty.

"Go to Hell." He groaned and shifted in his seat.

"But I know them too!" He was annoying. He whined for a little more to Myungsoo but she just turned her back on him and blocked him out.

"Why do you want to go to Neulbom Garden? It doesn't seem to have anything special." Chen looked haunted placed on internet and he wasn't impressed by the ones in Korea.

"Because it has stories. It was either that or the Gonjiam Asylum." Chen and Baekhyun glanced at each other and nodded before they turned to her.

"I prefer the asylum." They said in synch. She clicked her tongue and turned to look on the window. Everyone wanted something.

 

 

"We're here! Wakey wakey!" She fell asleep quickly. She was really tired for some reason.

They got out and took a look around. It was silent and midday. It was impossible for the normal eye to catch something since everything paranormal was happening at night. Or so they say.

Ra Hee walked past the garden and opened the front door. She froze. Baekhyun and Chen ran behind her and looked around.

"What? What?" Chen was the only one who couldn't see ghosts so he was the most curious. "What do you see?" She smiled and took a step inside.

"I see a well equipped restaurant." Chen raised an eyebrow and turned to his best friend. Baekhyun gulped and gaped at what he was seeing.

"It's amazing." Chen frowned. The demons arrived as well and entered the restaurant without much thought. Myungsoo made a sign to someone and pointed at them.

"A table for us." Whoever he was looking at got a little scared because Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at him. "Fast. You don't want to get a vanity demon to wait." Chen blinked.

"Did he just order a table for us?" He whispered to an equally surprised Baekhyun. He nodded. "To thin air? There's nothing there." Ra Hee chuckled and touched Chen. Suddenly everything became visible. The restaurant seemed brand new and there were a lot of people in there.

After they took a seat at their table, a young waiter came to take their order.

"You do realize we are standing in an abandoned restaurant, waiting to get nothing because it is abandoned." Chen took care to outline the important word. Ra Hee looked around closely. It was a place out of a fairytale. Wait, no. It looked a lot like a restaurant from the 70's.

"It smells familiar." Myungsoo looked up from the menu he was holding preciously like his whole existence was depending on it.

"That's because it smells like death. Everyone in here is dead." That didn't stop her to turn to the table behind her and tap the person on the shoulder.

"Excuse me," The woman turned to face Ra Hee and suddenly, the smell was even worse. "What year are we in?"

"1975." Chen and Baekhyun froze.

 

"1975. Doesn't that freak you out? We are in an abandoned restaurant, Ra Hee." She bit her lip and took a glance at the receptionist. He was missing his right leg and half of his face was burnt.

"In a way. But that's how I see the world. Didn't you want to have a glimpse of what I see?" Baekhyun didn't have a response because everything she said was true. But it was weirder than everything they've been through.

They returned to their table right in time for the food to be served. Chen was still in between believing and thinking it was all a big joke. Somehow, it felt more like a deception. Something sinister was going around and he was scared.

"This place freaks me out." He mumbled. He froze when he felt some kind of energy approach him. He closed his eyes and grabbed Baekhyun's hand. "Someone just placed his hand on my shoulder." Baekhyun looked at Chen. His eyes moved above his friend's head and noticed a stiff man narrowing his eyes at Chen.

“That’s not how you act in a restaurant, kids.” Baekhyun gulped. That man was probably the manager. He squinted a little and noticed the nametag. He tapped Ra Hee’s hand quickly.

“Excuse me, is there something wrong here?” Myungsoo took the initiative. The manager inspected the vanity demon from head to toe.

“You’re not from around here.” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. Ra Hee glanced from the vanity demon to Taehyun. The angst demon was uninterested. He was playing with his napkin. “But you’ll be soon enough.” He left the same way he came; in silence.

“What does that mean?” Baekhyun whispered to Ra Hee. Chen was still clinging on his best friend. He was completely freaked out.  

“I think we’ll find out soon enough.” She knew it. It was a bad idea. They were looking for trouble and it was all Baekhyun’s fault. He started to talk about haunted houses. He was really regretting opening his mouth back home.