Horror Story

Fallen Trilogy Part 2: The Secret Child of the Devil

“How are you feeling?”

They had to get out of there. They didn’t have anyone with a driver license so Chen risked. It was dawn when they got to a hotel. He placed Baekhyun on the right side of the bed and Ra Hee on the left side. Thankfully, Yoongi and Taehyun helped carrying them.

Ra Hee was the first to wake up. The wound on her wrist did help warm her up. It was weird, mostly because the blood became black after she got color in her cheeks.

“Ra Hee?” Ever since she woke up, she became distant. She was looking at her hands with pity and would always trace the endless knot with her fingers. “Are you alright?” Chen continued asking. 

“No.” She mumbled before she closed her eyes and grabbed Baekhyun hand. “I’m a monster,”

“I don’t disagree.” She opened her eyes and narrowed them at the human. “But you’re not a monster. You’re just a nicer demon.”

“For how long?” That certainly took Chen off guard. “I’ll find the inheritor and then? What will happen with me? I don’t want to run away.”

“Then don’t.” The look she gave him was one of pure innocence. He could see just how much pain she was going through. “Fight back but don’t lose yourself in the battle.”

“If I don’t protect the inheritor, there will be no battle. There will be war.” She whispered the last and most important word. “War,” She repeated. Chen could feel his hand getting all sweaty. She knew how to scare him.

“Coming here was a terrible idea,” He decided to change the subject. “Someone locked you in an old freezer and Baekhyun went through some kind of pain. Myungsoo disappeared right before I found you.” That quirked her interest.

“He left before?” Chen nodded. “Did he say anything weird before that?” Chen thought carefully about that and shook his head.

“No. He was just being bossy. He told me to stay with Baek and he sent Taehyun to guard the place. He said he’ll look for you,” She frowned and got up. “Is that bad?”

“Myungsoo is a vanity demo.n” Chen was confused where she was going with that statement. “Vanity,” She trailed.

“Don’t let any vanity demon near him. Not even Myungsoo.”

“He was very specific with the names,” She mumbled before she got on her feet and went into the bathroom. Ra Hee looked into the mirror and saw her reflection; her true reflection. Her eyes, her sharp facial features, everything that was making her a demon. And then everything faded away. Instead of that demonic appearance was a normal girl.

“I can be a true demon if I want to,” She repeated those words she told Sunggyu. They were true. She could just turn to 90 degrees and show him what she learned in Hell and in her training. She sighed and washed her face. “Maybe another time.” She wiped the water off and went back into the room. Luckily, Baekhyun was waking up but she was curious about something else.

 

“Tell me again. After what happened in the restaurant, you want to visit the Gonjiam Asylum?” Vhen asked bewildered. Taehyun was driving and he was very silent. It was rare for him to shut up for longer than 5 minutes.

“Yes. There’s someone I want to talk to.” Ra Hee responded calmly while watching the scenery passing by.

“In an abandoned Asylum? Abandoned Asylum.” Chen repeated. “Abandoned is bad enough but abandoned asylum is the worst. Broken people lived there. Both figural and literal broken people.” She shrugged. “You want to invoke someone?” Ra Hee chuckled. He spent a lot of time with Baekhyun already. Baekhyun was that kind of guy wasn’t he?

“No. I don’t need to invoke. He’s already there, waiting for me.” Everyone was confused and not curious at all. Well, except Baekhyun.

“Who is?”

 

 

"This place gives off such a bad aura." Well, Chen wasn't entirely lying. The place, as it looked, was taken from a horror movie about asylums.

"It reminds me of the second season of American Horror Story." Baekhyun was very precise. He watched that show a lot of times, for research. He was curious to see how the real thing was like.

Taehyun was silent. He was surveying the place but didn't seem very content with whatever he was seeing. He walked to Ra Hee and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you sure you want to enter? This isn't like any haunted place. Some people here don't even know they're dead" She chuckled.

"Do you care, Taehyun?" The demon gulped and took a step back.

"No." His answer was bull. He was connected to her and would always stay behind her when something was scaring him. But then again, he wouldn't recognize that either.

 

As she was making her way on the propriety, she started to hear things. They weren't mean or bad. Most of them were playing or trying to get their attention. They were guests of that Asylum.

"I can hear people whispering," She glanced at Chen and Baekhyun. They were walking close to each other while Taehyun was behind them. The demon was glaring at the two humans. They were acting like they didn't just enter a haunted place, willingly.

Once they got in front of the door, she turned to them.

"I have to talk to this person alone. You can walk around and enjoy yourselves meanwhile." Chen and Baekhyun blinked. "Nobody will hurt you. Just, don't get too personal with them. They are dead."

Ra Hee opened the door and walked upstairs. The guys decided to look around the first floor.

 

As she was going around, searching for an empty room, she had the chance to see what was actually going on in there. Nurses were dressed in white and blue uniforms but most of them weren't exactly trustworthy. They were shoving the patients in the hall like they were animals.

She looked inside every room. In the first, she saw a woman. She didn't look ill but she did look mad. Her eyes were blue but not from natural causes. She had bags under her eyes and smelled like chloral. Ra Hee walked further and noticed the way she was looking at her. She was standing in the middle of the bed, glaring at the door.

"They will come take my baby," Ra Hee frowned. The ghost looked at Ra Hee and glared even more. "I won't let them take my baby. Not even if they kill me." Well, that explained the situation and her watery blue eyes.

"They drowned you," The ghost scoffed and turned her attention back on the door.

In the next room, she saw a guy with no legs, scribbling something on the wall. When she got closer, she smelled blood. She looked around and noticed two legs, cut from the knee down, lying on the floor next to a mirror. She walked behind the man and bent in order to see what he was writing. Firstly, he was writing with blood. Secondly, he didn't have a pen. He improvised. Quite cruelly creative, she might add. The man turned around quickly and surprised her by actually grabbing her head. He pulled her close to the wall; or more like pushed her head against the wall in not a very nice way. It hurt.

"Pretty girl can see what's there, can't she?" She grunted.

"Not exactly," The man pushed her harder.

"But it's about pretty girl!" His voice was like a child's yet when he pushed her head harder for the third time, it became mature and sinister. He grabbed her by the hair and pushed her head right in front of what he wrote. "Read!" She looked at him before she tried to read whatever he wrote there.

"Everything-" She froze. That wasn't nice at all. Her voice softened as she continued to read. "-is a lie. You are all alone," Those words were probably not even for her but it still affected her. "Pitiful pretty girl." She finished. The man started to laugh. He let her go and clapped excitedly. She got up and walked out of there with a knot in her stomach.

Ra Hee entered three more rooms and each was a disaster. In one, she saw a nurse scolding the patient. It was an old man with half of his face burnt. That didn't stop the woman to hit him repeatedly with a lever. In another room, she witnessed two patients having . She closed the door quickly when she realized they were both men. The third room was silent. She was wary of what happened there, though.

"You're not crazy," She could feel it. The energy wasn't like the rest. It was human and an cruel one at that.

"I know. But you are." She felt him come out from the darkest corner of the room. It was a boy and he looked to be Baekhyun's age. "You are the devil." He said that with so much hatred.

"Maybe. But you already have one in here, don't you? Isn't that why you wrote on the walls and told everyone to leave?" He chuckled and sat on his bed. She looked at him. He was a handsome young man with his eyes blood red from crying and other suspicious things. He also had a few bruises on his body but none was as bad as the hole in the place his heart should be.

"He killed me and doomed everyone to stay here and wait."

"For what?" The boy jumped on his feet and walked in front of her. He leaned in and looked straight into her eyes.

"For you." He started to laugh like a maniac. "Do you know what's funny? You can't save us!" He started to laugh harder and louder. "You!" It sounded a lot like he was suffocating. "You!" He repeated before he started to cough. "You are a weakling!" He spit after he calmed down. "You can't save anyone."

"Where is he?" The boy shrugged.

"He comes and goes. But you can always call for him. He's always there when new patients come. He can't wait to spill blood on the walls. There's always room for more. Two more." She tensed and ran out of the door. She had to find Baekhyun and Chen. Taehyun wasn't going to protect them when the killer was his creator.

"Run, devil, run run. Devil, run run!" He sung before he started to laugh again. He was annoying but he wasn't insane. At least, not when he got in the Asylum. 

 

"Excuse me, ma’am. Do you know if we can-" Baekhyun jumped back when the woman turned around. Her eyes were out of the orbits and she was missing her front teeth. She looked scary. "-doesn't matter. Go along." The woman ignored him completely.

"I can't see anything but I can feel like I'm watched," Chen was a few feet back. Actually, he was still in the hall while Baekhyun already went inside a room.

"That's because there is a lady looking at you." Chen gulped and moved to the right.

"Does it look like she hates me? She wants to take out my heart?" Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and tilted his head to the side.

"Not exactly," The woman was staring at Chen like he was a God. She was admiring him with a suspicious glint in her eyes. She wasn't that old but she was at least 10 years older than them. She tried to touch Chen's crotch but he moved just in time.

"Then what does she want? It's so intense." Baekhyun muffled a laugh. Of course it was intense. She walked closer to him. "I feel trapped." Chen whimpered.

"I bet you do," Baekhyun was having a lot of fun, surprisingly.

Taehyun was tense. He was curious where Myungsoo vanished and why. He was also curious who was in the asylum. Ra Hee didn't tell them and he couldn't feel anything.

While laughing, Baekhyun didn't notice the kid who just came from around the corner. He entered right into the human and fell on his . Baekhyun kneeled before him and stuck his hand out.

"Sorry. Here, let me help you-" He stopped when the kid looked up. He had never seen such big eyes before. And, he had never seen such big holes in their places. He had blood on his right cheek and his lips were burnt. "-up." His voice cracked. He gulped but didn't leave. The kid smiled and grabbed his hand. Baekhyun gulped. The little hand had only three fingers: the big one, the middle and the pinkie.

"Are you my daddy?" Baekhyun felt his heart break.

"No. I'm not." The kid walked closer to the human and smiled widely.

"Do you want to be my daddy?" He squeezed Baekhyun's hand until he cut the blood circulation. "Do you?" The ghost repeated. Baekhyun shook his head and tried to pull his hand out of the grip. He got on his feet and the kid let go of his hand. But he didn't leave. He clanged on Baekhyun's leg and even crawled on it. "Do you want to be my daddy?" Baekhyun sighed and shook his leg. The kid had a tight grip and didn't even budge.

"What are you doing?" Chen got away from the erted ghost and noticed his friend shaking his leg. He walked there and glanced at his leg before his eyes moved on his face. "What's there?"

"A kid. He wants me to be his daddy." It was revenge time and Chen knew it. He smirked and Baekhyun prepared himself mentally for the wave of comments.

"He wants you to be his daddy, huh? How interesting," Baekhyun grimaced. It was getting worse. The kid crawled a bit more.

"Don't even go there." Chen blinked innocently.

"Go where? I don't intend to go anywhere." His eyes were shining with malice. He resembled a demon at times. "I'm staying here." The human scoffed.

"Don't give me this bull. Help me get this kid off." Chen tilted his head to the side and didn't move a muscle. "Kim Jong Dae."

"Using my full name won't get you anything. We both know you are too young to have kids. Besides, who knows who you will end up with? Might as well have a baby with Ra Hee since she already made you her legacy." That hit something in Baekhyun's mind. He put the leg down and the kid frowned. He felt something and disappeared.

"What?" Chen realized he went a little over the line. Well, it wouldn't hurt to go further.

"I heard from Yoongi. You became her legacy. Wouldn't that make it easier if you two would actually have babies? Then your bloodline would mix with hers and the perfect little monster would be born." Baekhyun froze but his mind was working overload. He was thinking so deep about that idea that he might had even considered it.

"That's-" He didn't have any idea what he wanted to say or even explain to Chen.

"Hey, Baek?" Baekhyun glanced at his friend a little dazed. "Do you like Ra Hee?"

"Yes. We made a promise and we've been friend for a while. I risked my life for her and vice versa and-" Chen clicked his tongue.

"No. I mean do you like her as a woman? As someone you could be interested in romantically?" Baekhyun was taken aback. He never thought about that nor had the time to.

"I- no. No, we are just friends or even like siblings." Chen stared at his friend with worry.

"Are you sure? From an outside point of view, you look like you would do anything for her, even die. Friendship doesn't go that far and you already crossed that line a long time ago."

"What do you mean?" Chen sighed heavily.

"I think you fell for her. Big time." Baekhyun's eyes widened and he started to panic. He didn't even know why. Chen's statement wasn't based on anything. He certainly didn't love Ra Hee like that.

Or did he?

 

 

Taehyun left the two humans from the moment Chen got checked out by a ghost. It was boring. Besides, something was luring him up upstairs. There was a back room somewhere and he felt like he needed to find it. He could hear screams of anguish, pain or just joyful, wrecking screams.

He clicked his tongue and peaked inside one of the rooms. It was a woman who looked half dead and had her whole face was bandaged. Her pupils were moving chaotically as if she was sleeping with her eyes opened. Actually, he wasn't sure it was a she. He couldn't see s and he swore he saw a . It was confusing. It was just an IT; like most humans.

But he wasn't just a demon anymore. The IT was trying to get to the food on the ground. It could barely move.

Taehyun walked inside and pushed the food closer to the ghost. It looked up at him with those crazy eyes and nodded in thanks. It was heartbreaking and he felt something inside him flinch.

"You became soft, Taehyun." The demon didn't have to raise his head in order to see who was there

"You are the same bastard, Master." He emphasized that word. The demon prince laughed.

"I heard you got signed by the commander. Does that still make you Mammon propriety?" He flinched at the superior tone he used. "But I am your creator, ain't I? You have to do anything I say or else you become ash." Taehyun closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"What do you want me to do?" The demon prince smirked.

"Get me the ghost boy." Taehyun blinked in confusion.

"What? Why?" The angst prince raised an eyebrow.

"Since when are you questioning your missions, Taehyun?" That hit a sensible chord in his pride. After his creator left, Taehyun looked down at the IT ghost. He grunted and grabbed a hand through his hair. Working around Ra Hee was so different from his old job.

 

Ra Hee was lost. Or more like, someone was leading her towards some place. The building wasn't that big but it was like a labyrinth.

The word written on most walls and doors was annoying her. Lies, lies and lies again. She got the point already.

"Is the princess lost?" Moreover, that little ghost tagged along. "Frowning causes wrinkles." She scoffed.

"How do you know that?" He shrugged.

"My mother was that kind of woman. Always careful how she dressed and looked. It was so annoying" She rolled her eyes. "When I cut her head off I felt this huge relief coming over me." She stopped and stared at him blankly.

"You cut your mother's head off because she was doing all she could to look young." He nodded like that was nothing. "You killed her."

"My sister too. But that's another story," Ra Hee blinked and shook her head. She continued to walk wherever the halls were taking her.

"You are ed up." The boy scowled. That was obvious since he got into the nuts house. "Why are you following me?" The ghost hesitated. He knew something but didn't seem too cooperative.

"You're fun," She heard that answer way too many times. "And you're a safe zone." That was new.

"So what? You want me to protect you?" He nodded eagerly. "From what? Nurses? Humans?-"

"Leviathan." She blinked and stopped in front of a clean door.

"What would he want from you?" The ghost leaned in and inspected her face.

"I have demon charm. He wants me in hell." He whispered. Her face was expressionless. "I don't want to go down there yet."

"You won't be saved by an angel either. You sinned." The boy shrugged. "What's your name anyway?"

"Shim Changmin. It seems I'd make a good wrath demon but whatever," She pushed his head back and narrowed her eyes at him.

"Being under a Prince is better and safer than being on your own." He smirked.

"Call me a rebel. I'm smart and don't need anyone to order me around." Of course. He was a psychopath.

 

They walked down the hall until she felt a breeze. The ghost tensed and hurried behind her. She already got used to people using her as shield.

"Leviathan. I wanted to talk to you." The demon chuckled evilly. He really looked like a dinosaur. He looked like an evil Dongwoo, actually.

"You knew where to come. Why?" She grabbed Changmin's hand tightly.

"I knew you want him. I saw him when I was in Hell. He didn't want to leave Middle Earth so you sent a few demons after him. Didn't work, as I see," The demon clapped ironically.

"And now you're going to give him to me as a present, right?" The ghost froze but couldn't disappear. Ra Hee's sign was keeping him there.

"No. I want you to accept a deal. Asmodeus and Lucifer are working together to find the inheritor and send him to Neverland" Leviathan didn't say anything. "You don't want a rebellion, do you? Then help me protect the inheritor."

"I'm not sending you any help."

"You are the gatekeeper of Hell. You know who enters and who leaves. I want you to keep an eye on vanity and lust demons." He scowled and took a few steps closer.

"Why would I do that? I have plenty to do already," She squeezed Changmin's hand. "Are you offering me an offer?" She smirked.

"I'll keep him around." The demon laughed loudly and clasped his fingers. Taehyun appeared in front of Ra Hee and had the intention to punch her. She moved to the side and that only left an opening to Taehyun. The angst demon grabbed Changmin by the forehead and squeezed. The ghost screamed in pain and his eyes suddenly became empty. He had no feelings whatsoever.

"Good, Taehyun. Now our deal is sealed. Great doing business with you, commander." The demon vanished.

Changmin was trying to stabilize his anger and disappointment in a corner. On the other side, it was Taehyun's turn to scream. His hand hurt and it sent this incredible stinging feeling up his spine.

"In case you forgot whose sign is shining beautifully on your hand." She stated as she was going back to her friends. Taehyun fell on his knees and gripped his hand. He glanced at Changmin, who was still getting used to his new purpose. He wasn't a ghost anymore. He was a demon. The lowest kind but he was a demon nonetheless.

 


In case you want to see how the last two haunted places look like.

This is the Neulbom Garden:

And this is Gonjiam Asylum:

Both places are genuinely haunted and the stories are also genuine. And Gonjiam Asylum was the prime inspiration for the second season of American Horror Story ;) 

Awesome places <3