Lies and Pity

Fallen Trilogy Part 2: The Secret Child of the Devil

Ra Hee was in a fancy restaurant. She was moving in her seat nervously. She her lips and tried to open up a conversation a few times already but she couldn't even look into his eyes.

"Are you uncomfortable?" She raised her head and looked at him. His eyes were really pretty. He was handsome and she was surprised he asked her out.

"No. I'm just a little nervous." The boy smiled brightly.

"Truthfully, I am too." She blushed. "I'm not coming to these kind of places often." She gulped.

"Me neither." She lied. "I was surprised when you invited me here." The boy chuckled nervously and rubbed his cheek.

"I've been seeing you around and I got curious since you were a new face." She started to fidget under the table. She was experiencing that for the first time.

"There's nothing really to say," He leaned over the table.

"Actually, a few friends said they saw you talking to yourself in the halls," She gulped and squeezed her fists under the table. "I found that really interesting."

"Is that why you asked me out?" He blinked and she could see him try to think up an answer.

"Not exactly." She still had hope. "I heard you can see ghosts," Or maybe not. She glanced around and realized it was one of those old and renovated restaurants.

"I can't." He hummed and leaned back.

"Do you see something here? Just in case," She sighed. It was such a disappointment. She genuinely believed he was nice and liked her.

"My own deception.“ She mumbled. He didn't hear her with all the noise around, thankfully.

"Ra Hee. Ra Hee." She blinked and the images changed into reality. She saw Baekhyun waving his hand in front of her face. "I called you a few times. Did you get lost in your world?" She shook her head and rubbed her temples. Her memories weren't welcomed.

"Are you alright? You were staring ahead blankly" She raised an eyebrow. Myungsoo leaned back and stared at her curiously.

"What?"

"You do realize we are not going to eat anything here." Myungsoo shrugged. "We are not ghosts. We can live what they live."

"Then why did you want to come here?" Suddenly, the whole restaurant seemed to move in slow motion. Everyone, except them.

"For this," She pointed at the front doors. "Any minute now," Much like she expected, the doors opened after five minutes and a man entered. He was alarmed and scared.

"A girl! A girl was hit by a car!" Ra Hee watched the scene unfold with great interest.

More people walked to him and asked him for details. The manager did that too. Unfortunately, the one hit was his daughter. He froze and started to tremble.

Everyone was watching with pity. Pity that seemed overused and already a routine. She could understand that.

 

"Ra Hee! Stop being stubborn and get in the car!" A 14 years old Ra Hee stomped her foot on the ground.

"I am old enough to know where you want to take me, mom!" Her mother's foxy eyes were staring at her intensely.

"Get in the car, Ra Hee." The kid only puffed her chest out. She was scared. She wanted to fight against her mother but she was just a kid.

"Fight back." She heard someone whisper in her ear.

"No." She wasn't budging from her spot.

Her mother was exasperated mostly because they were in a populated area. They were on the street, not outside. Besides, they just went out for shopping and bam. Her mother was trying to distract her with money and stuff. She didn't need that. She wanted affection and understanding.

"Get in or I'm going to do something bad." Ra Hee gulped and took a step forward. Only one step.

"Don't give in. Don't give up." She nodded to herself. That voice was powerful.

"I'm not going anywhere, mom. Certainly not to that therapist. I don't want drugs and pills to sleep. I don't need help." Her mother glared at her. She grabbed her arm forcefully and pulled her closer.

"You do what I say. I am your mother and I know better. You are making a fool out of yourself. We both know you have mental problems." That was it. Ra Hee pushed her mom away and ran into the street. She closed her eyes and waited for the impact.

Her mother's eyes widened when she saw her daughter getting hit by a car. People gathered around to watch. But Ra Hee was fine. She got up and realized she was only scratched. Her mother grabbed her by the shoulders and hugged her tightly. She didn't want to see that again.

Ra Hee knew what actually happened. She saw him. He wrapped his arms around her and softened the collision. He was there, behind her mother. She reached her hand out and he touched it. He was an entrancing person. No one could see him but her. Besides, she didn't know him. But those eyes; those eyes she never forgot. She found them so pretty and she could trust them. She could trust him.

Those same eyes appeared once more afterwards. But this time, they didn't disappear after an accident. They remained there, by her side, doing nothing but trouble.

Sunggyu.

 

She got shaken back to reality. She felt someone grab her hand and leading her to some other room. She was perfectly conscious of what was going on. She went downstairs into the cooler room. Someone pushed her inside and locked the door. They locked her in the freezer. Moreover, she found no will to fight back or get out.

"Hey, calm down. An ambulance will come soon."

Chen assured and reassured himself that he wasn't dreaming. He was in an empty building yet Baekhyun was crouched on the ground, soothing the air.

However, through Baekhyun's eyes it was different. He was next to the manager who had his head between his hands. He was crying loudly. Taehyun rolled his eyes and leaned against a random table.

"He's crying like a little girl." Myungsoo nodded. He was watching the scene with calm and superiority.

"It already happened anyway. His daughter won't survive. She will enter a vegetative state and he will hang himself. Nothing more and nothing less." Both demons sighed. Neulbom Garden was doomed to replay the same story over and over again. It needed a new proprietor and a new life. Just because it was haunted didn't mean it wasn't functional.

"I don't understand. Why can't humans live with it? They can use each other." Chen eavesdropped on their conversation.

"Ghosts and humans can't live together. It's not natural." The demons stared at Chen blankly.

"Humans love ghosts. They define them as spirits lost on Earth when the truth is that everyone has the right to choose. Ghosts are humans too. Would you like to leave everything you worked for and loved behind? No. That's why they stay here. Because they still feel." Chen frowned.

"But that doesn't make any sense. Some ghosts are evil and scare people." Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at the human.

"No one changes. Not even after they die. Whoever was evil alive will definitely be the same in death. That's how it goes. There are hundreds of ghosts around and just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're not there." Life certainly became very paranoid for Chen.

"We should leave. Ra He-" Chen turned around but didn't find anyone. "I swear she was behind me a few minutes ago," Taehyun and Baekhyun suddenly jumped. Their signs were getting white and their hands were getting blue.

"What's going on?" Baekhyun was feeling like he was going to give his last breath. Taehyun was already dead so the feeling was a little different.

"Someone used the accident as a distraction." Suddenly, Baekhyun remembered the manager's words. He ran to him and pulled him by the collar. The ghost was surprised.

"Where is Ra Hee?" His tone dropped a few notes. It was the first time Chen saw his friend act and sound like that. The manager was confused. "You said it before. That we will become like these people soon."

"You are not dead." No Sherlock. Baekhyun already knew that. "But you can see me; us. It's her, isn't it? The little demon." Everything vanished. The demons got into defensive positions while Chen only moved closer to Baekhyun.

The building was silent and empty. He could hear his own heart beating. The manager changed his appearance. He became this weird and incredibly built man. His eyes were like a fox's. He smirked, which only complimented the whole evil image.

"Let's see what happens if we kill her. Will you die too?" He gulped. His sign started to shine brighter. Taehyun's wasn't having the same reaction. "He is already dead. Now it's your turn." Baekhyun let go of him and took a few steps back. His hand was staring to hurt and he could feel his pulse dropping. He was going to die.

 

"What the heck are you doing?" For someone who was watching the love of his existence being all grim and ready to die, Sunggyu sounded monotone.

"And the prince comes to the rescue," She was freezing and her body was shaking. Her lower lip was slowly turning blue and she couldn't move her legs. She was standing all dejected next to a box of frozen vegetables.

"Get out of here." She raised an eyebrow and leaned her head back.

"You have no right to come and tell me what to do." Sunggyu almost forgot how stubborn she was.

"Why did you want to come to this place? You knew it will bring back old memories." She nodded.

"I had more than just one guy interested in me, you know. In high school, there was this cute guy with freckles. That is quite rare for an Asian and people were bullying him for that but I found it attractive," She was rambling. He sighed and put his hands in his front pockets. The temperature was dropping with every minute. "Anyway, I helped him and we became friends. Then, I developed this huge crush on some other guy. He was far more popular and attractive. More attractive than you will ever be." He rolled his eyes and crouched in front of her. "He asked me out; the more attractive guy. And I said yes. At the same time, my one and only friend asked me to go see some kids’ movie. I went with the pretty face, of course. Do you know what happened?"

"It failed." She scoffed. She leaned towards him only to slap him. It was powerless but still.

"He was interested only because he heard kids talk about my so called gift to see ghosts. He got me to some fancy and old restaurant. It was rumored to be haunted," Sunggyu knew the story. He was right outside, watching her through the mirror. He saw everything happening. She walked home with such a sad face. "You know what happened to my friend?" He sighed.

"You're going to tell me."

"He died." Sunggyu frowned. "He wanted to go see the movie anyway. He was so excited afterwards that he crossed the street when it was a red light. Some crazy motorcycle dude entered into him and they both died. He was excited because he wanted to get to my house and tell me everything. He wasn't in the least mad that I chose some insignificant guy over him. We were friends." Sunggyu bent and grabbed her head. She was crying but whatever was coming from her eyes weren't tears.

"It's over now." She started to cry loudly even though she could feel her eyes stung.

"Is it? How many people died because of me? Do you know what's worse? This restaurant makes me feel better. I've always craved to be here again." Sunggyu froze.

"What do you mean again?" She chuckled darkly. It was really weird when she was acting like that.

"He took me to Neulbom Garden. A year later, I saw his ghost. My friend's. He said we should meet here. I couldn't come on that day. I came later on but couldn't find him. Now, everyone knows my name as the commander."

"And you thought he might be still here? After all this time?" She nodded. "Even ghosts get tired of waiting and move on, Ra Hee." He wrapped his arms around her protectively and pulled her into his chest. He rubbed her hands and tried to keep her warm.

"Don't leave me, Sunggyu." That was probably the biggest surprise of the day.

"I-"

"I don't care. You have big issues and I don't give a what those are. Just- don't leave me forever." He was looking at her with so many mixed feelings. He felt somehow honored yet he was scared. She could feel it in the way his chest tensed.

"What about the rules?" She scoffed and wrapped her hands around his waist.

" them all." The greed demon chuckled and brought her closer.

It didn't matter anyway. Beelzebub already knew about him.

She decided to keep that little detail to herself, though. It was better like that. Asmodeus was probably going to annoy her with it and come a lot more often around to check up on the -s that do not deserve the titles they have- but she couldn't care less.

 

“Baekhyun?” On the other side, Baekhyun was going through the same things as his master. Ra Hee was crying with blood, for some unknown reason. Baekhyun’s ears were bleeding because of her. “I’m really freaked out right now.” Chen was the only human there. If anything, he was the one to take Baekhyun to a hospital.

“We have to find Ra Hee.” Chen glared at the vanity demon.

“He’s dying. Do you really think he can resist for much longer? He’s freezing and bleeding.” Myungsoo stared at the human with a poker face. It was the first time he got the courage to stand up against a demon and it was for the same reason every human does that: friendship.

“If Ra Hee is safe, he will be safe. She signed a human. He has the endless knot on his forearm. It’s worse than a pact with the Devil. We all know where he will end up if he dies, don’t we?” Chen gripped his jeans. He knew the answer to that question. “First, we find Ra Hee. Do you understand?” He nodded. “Taehyun, guard the entrance. We don’t need more ghosts in here. You, Chen, will stay here with Baekhyun and try to keep him alive. I’ll go search for that idiotic human.” Taehyun scoffed.

“Who made you the boss?”Myungsoo glared at his friend. Taehyun bit his lip and tried to suppress any need to comment. He decided to go with Myungsoo’s decisions for the moment. But that didn’t mean he liked it.

 

“They’re going to find you soon.”  She was dizzy yet she could feel the life gripping on her wth no intention to let go.

“Why can’t I die?” Sunggyu stared at her like she was a stupid woman.

“Because you don’t want to die. If you wanted that so badly, you’d already be in Hell. For good.” She scoffed. She was still very lively for someone who had her fingers blue and couldn’t feel her legs.

“I did. But they sent me back. They sent me to find the inheritor,” She shuddered and coughed. He was really worried and glanced at the door a few times but nothing. “That bastard Lucifer doesn’t see anything but that and he doesn’t even want to protect him. He wants the inheritor to be tortured.” Sunggyu sighed and pulled her closer to him. He already placed his coat around her but it wasn’t enough. “Do you know what’s worse?” He shook his head. He was acting all soft for her. He couldn’t believe how much she changed him. Or maybe it was the other way around. That second thought was more comfortable than the first. “I found him.” Sunggyu froze.

“What?” His eyes widened. She chuckled and poked his cheek.

“Can you finally see me? Because I can certainly see your eyes.” He narrowed his eyes at her and got up.

“Where is the inheritor?” She groaned and laid on the ground with her legs and hands spread.

“He’s coming to me.” The greed demon frowned.

“What’s that supposed to mean? He’s close?” She stared at him closely. He was getting worked up over that when she was on the verge of dying. What a gentleman he was.

She hardly raised her hand and told him to come closer. He leaned in and she grabbed him by the neck. He glared at her but it was hard to know for sure if he was genuinely mad or just himself.

“You’ll never now.” The demon was staring at her face. Her eyes were the same brown color as usual. She wasn’t going to die and she knew that. But it was worrisome. She was ready to give her life away anytime yet she wasn’t. It was such a contradiction.

Without thinking, he leaned in to kiss her. It was weird and he just went with the flow. But she moved her head to the right and he ended up kissing her cheek.

“Why don’t you go up and tell them where I am?” He leaned back once she let go of him. “Why don’t you give a sign? Why are you staying here with me instead of getting the others here?”

“Would you like me to leave?” She couldn’t believe him. She had this urge to punch him in the face and bash his skull against the wall.

“You’re playing with my feelings.” He didn’t say a word. “Don’t make me play with your existence, Sunggyu. I can be a true demon if I want to.” She was delusional.

“You’re talking like that because your brain is shutting down.” She blinked and looked at the ceiling.

“If I use my sign, I can warm myself up in no time. But I’m not because the one got me here is far more powerful. It’s someone who wants me dead but not really.” Sunggyu gulped. He was slowly panicking.

“Like who?” She chuckled and closed her eyes.

“Like Belial.” Sunggyu froze. That was big. She wasn’t even aware of how big that was.

“He is the boss, Ra Hee.” She hummed and closed her eyes.

“He is. But he also loves Lucifer. Isn’t that why he manipulated him into going against God? That’s why he fell. He was nothing but vanity. Loving yourself more than anything is a curse.” Sunggyu glanced at the door again. He could feel someone coming closer but not close enough. He disappeared. She opened her eyes when she felt him leave.

 

“I was wondering when he will leave. I’ve been standing here for a while now,” She turned her head to the right and saw someone she had never met before but knew.

“Where’s Yoongi?” Belphegor shrugged and walked towards her.

“Here. There. I can tell you he’s definitely not in Hell.” She scoffed and rolled on her left side. “You found the inheritor, if I heard well,” She grunted. “Don’t let any vanity demon near him. Not even Myungsoo.” He left after threatening -but not exactly- her.

 

Myungsoo was downstairs, right outside the freezer. He could hear everything but after the most important details, he walked up. Sunggyu appeared before him and pushed him into the wall.

“You go down there and open the door.” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow tauntingly.

“Why?”

“Because she’s in there and you knew it from the start.” Myungsoo blinked innocently. “Don’t play stupid, Myungsoo. You work under Lucifer. No matter what, she is only a tool for you. You have no friends.” The vanity demon glared at the greed demon and pushed him away.

He sighed and wiped his clothes off.

“You think you know everything, don’t you? Well, you don’t.” He vanished. Sunggyu closed his eyes and out of rage, he punched the wall, leaving a little hole and making noise.

That noise grabbed Chen’s attention. He was trying to keep Baekhyun warm but it was hard when he was freezing from nothing. He got up and went after the sound. He noticed the hole in the wall next to the stairs. He touched it but didn’t feel anything out of ordinary. What he felt though was a tinge of regret. He didn’t know whose was exactly. That tinge of regret gave him the push towards the basement. He descended the stairs slowly and surveyed the place. There was nothing but a freezer. He went there and took a peek inside. His eyes widened when he saw someone there. He looked closer to see if it was a ghost or not. That body looked a lot like Ra Hee. He gulped and searched for the opening mechanism. It didn’t have any.

“Wait,” He remembered how old was the restaurant. He gripped the handle and rotated it towards him. The door opened loudly. “Ra Hee!” He only heard her groan. He rushed inside and noticed the state she was in. “Who the heck got you in here?” She mumbled something incoherent. She couldn’t even open her eyes anymore. He grabbed her bridal style –hard, because she was heavy- and walked out.

 

When he got up, he placed her next to Baekhyun. He heard something snap when he let her down.

“I think I got five years older in this restaurant.” He sighed and rubbed his back like a grandfather. He looked down at his friends and felt even worse. “Now what?”

“Stab her.” Chen frowned. Yoongi just appeared next to Ra Hee. “Stab her in the side or cut her wrist. That’s the only way.” The human gulped. “Do you want me to do it?” He took a knife off the table and smirked sadistically. “I can do it,” He bent and grabbed her wrist. He was ready to cut her wrist when Chen stopped him.

“No!” Yoongi stopped but didn’t move away. “I will do it.” He gulped and snatched the knife from the short demon. He grabbed her wrist and cut it lightly. Yoongi narrowed his eyes at him and pushed more pressure on his hand. The blood was spilling out quickly and Chen was scared.

The ghosts of Neulbom Garden appeared again and gathered around them.

“She’s the commander.”

“She’s being fooled,”

“She has no friends. Such a pity,”

“It’s all a lie.”

Chen looked around but couldn’t see anything. However, he could hear it. He heard it well and it sent chills down his spine.

It’s all a lie