Hide The Evil Behind/Look for The Light

Fallen Trilogy Part 2: The Secret Child of the Devil

Next morning, she woke up with a headache. She walked inside the bathroom and washed her face. She froze when she noticed something different at her reflection in the mirror.

She had a red substance in each corner of her eye. It looked like veins broke inside her eyes. She blinked a few times but nothing happened. Besides, she saw scratches on her chin. They were signs of someone forcefully grabbing it. Someone like Belial, whose fingers were sharp and burnt.

She used make up to cover the scratches but her eyes were impossible to cover. She had to use sunglasses; outside was winter and definitely not sunny.

When she got downstairs for breakfast, she only saw her father.

"Your mother and aunt went out to buy things for the party. Later, they will drag you out to get your make-up and hair done" He was talking like a robot. He had no feeling while announcing her schedule for the day. "Are you alright?" He asked as soon as he put down the newspaper. "You wear sunglasses on a winter day" It sounded even worse when he pointed it out.

"My eyes hurt but it's going to be fine. I spent too much time in front of a computer" He nodded. "You don't seem surprised" He chuckled.

"Can you blame me?" She understood that feeling well. After a while, she got used to surprises. She kind of missed the surprise visits and pranks from Taehyun. To be truthful, she missed them all; good or bad, she missed her demons.

"Mom invited the whole neighborhood tonight?" Her father nodded. He had the same expression as her; pitiful. They both pitied their lives. Actually, she was a lot like her father. Maybe they didn't look alike but their minds were working the same way.

"You better call someone to come and act as your date or your aunt will find you one" Her eyes widened and she remembered just what kind of men her aunt knew. No, no. She shook her head. She had to call someone.

 

The first on the list was Yoseob. He was the closest and her family knew him.

"I'm sorry but I'll come with my girlfriend" She stared at the phone quite surprised.

"You have a girlfriend?" She sounded impressed. The young human scoffed.

"Is that such a big shock? I wasn't going to wait for you forever, you know" His responses stung a little. That was when she realized something.

"But Sunggyu would" She mumbled away from the phone. She was comparing two males who had nothing in common and were from different worlds.

"What?" He didn't hear well but he did catch the name Sunggyu in her sentence. He didn't know who that was but he had a slight idea he was going to find that out very soon.

"Nothing. Just, I can't wait to see your girlfriend" He chuckled and hung up.

Next on the list was Junho. After a second thought, she erased it from the list. He already had a girlfriend and she didn't want someone who could easily expose her. In the end, she wanted someone who could lie.

"Demons lie better than anyone" She mumbled to herself. She almost dialed Baekhyun's number but she stopped right on time. She couldn't. Maybe Baekhyun wasn't at home in the first place. Maybe Zico could- no, no. He still had a lot to learn. She could call Hoya or even Jongin. But if her mother would start to talk about her past, they would get scared and she won't be able to see them ever again.

She groaned and dropped her head on the table. She raised her head a little and noticed the box she got from her grandfather. It was suspiciously inviting. She grabbed it and got on the bed. She put it down in front of her and stared at it intensely.

"What's in there?" She wondered out loud. She bit her lip and opened it. Inside the lid was an inscription. Her eyes widened when she started to read it. It was in demon language and it was addressed to the commander. Moreover, the commander's name was- "Beelzebub"

Inside the box was a watch. It looked ancient and it was blocked on a certain hour. She took it and inspected it closely. It didn't look dangerous at all. If anything, it was an amazing piece. She turned it and read what was carved on the back. It seemed to be a response to what was written inside the lid.

"Nothing can shatter the loyalty of a demon. Don't trust and don't love a demon. Don't trust and don't love me" She read it out loud. Maybe if she was normal, she wouldn't have understood it. But she wasn't normal and she felt her heart break a little. She took the box and read the inside text again. "Between Heaven and Hell, the door is thin and inviting. Between Earth and Hell, the door is wide open. Thus, keep the demons out and trust the angels. Thus, hide the evil behind and look for the light" She finished. It was interesting how both messages were written by a demon and both messages were encouraging people to forget there is evil in the world and just search for the good and live peacefully.

The watch was broken. It was stuck on 24:00 o'clock and it didn't have any mechanism inside. It was really light as well. Once she touched it with her signed hand, theclock's tongues turned wildly until they stopped on the right time. She checked it on her phone. The watch suddenly started to work and it moved on the right hour. She dropped it on the bed but the clock didn't go back to midnight. It was working well, like it wasn't even stuck before. Moreover, did her grandfather know the truth about it?

She didn't have time to ask. As soon as her mother came home, they dragged Ra Hee out. She gulped when she got pushed inside her aunt's car.

"We're going to have so much fun!" Ra Hee doubted that.

 

Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. Her mother let her choose her own dress. However, they forced her to look for heels. The make-up was light and made her eyes look bigger. They decided to arrange her hair into a bun so her long neck would show. Overall, the three women got pampered and the finished product was amazing.

The whole preparation took around four hours. When they got home, the men were in suits and the living room was decorated. Her mother loved to decorate herself but Christmas was an exception.

The men of the house seemed surprise by their wives and daughters. Mrs. Ahn looked amazing and younger than she was. On the other side, Ra Hee looked like a beautiful young woman. It was amazing how her father's eyes got stuck on his wife; same with her uncle. Ra Hee felt happy but she also felt a little tinge of sadness. She wanted to meet a man that would look at her the same way her father was looking at her mother.

"So, Ra Hee, I have this cute guy that will come tonight. He works in my law firm and he is both rich and handsome. What more can you wish for, right?" Ra Hee chuckled nervously. She had no choice but to nod her head and agree. She had no backup plan.

As her aunt was planning Ra Hee's future, the culprit walked upstairs. She let the door to her room open and looked into the mirror. Her eyes became normal once she touched the clock. She wasn't surprised after what happened in the past. However, she was curious. She grabbed it and put it in her purse. She didn't know why but she wanted it close.

"Ra Hee?" At the door was her grandmother. She was dressed stylishly yet for her age. She wouldn't expect any less from a former fashion designer. "You look beautiful" Ra Hee smiled. Her grandmother had such a soft voice that she couldn't help but feel comfortable around her.

"Thank you. You don't look very excited for the party, though" The old woman chuckled.

"I lived my life and went to parties when I was young. Now, I'm more interested in what my grandchildren want to do" Ra Hee laughed. Her grandmother used to be a party animal but once she became a mother, she softened up and learned how to control her desires. "I heard you got your present earlier" Ra Hee's smile cracked. "Did you open the box?" The smile disappeared completely.

"I did" Her grandmother sighed and sat down.

"What did you find inside?" Ra Hee's eyes narrowed slightly at the older woman.

"An old watch" Her grandmother nodded and took a long look around the room.

"This room doesn't feel occupied at all. It's empty and gives off such bad energies" Ra Hee agreed. "It was never your room. Not even when you were a kid. Your mother didn't let you live your childhood freely. She had a lot of rules" Ra Hee was curious where that was going. "I'm sorry"

"It wasn't your fault" Her grandmother's eyes saddened and she grabbed Ra Hee's signed hand. She caressed it softly before she turned it around and pressed her thumb in the middle of her sign. Ra Hee's eyes widened. The sign became visible and it started to glow.

"I was supposed to be the commander in this family" Ra Hee's eyes widened. "I hated it and passed it on my best friend. She married the inheritor and they had a great family. But you got stuck with this title" Ra Hee was shocked. She couldn't move and speak. "I used dark magic to curse you. I didn't want to have the pressure of the commander and or have my children suffer because of it. The demon told me that the deal will only backfire later on. I didn't expect you to be the victim" Ra Hee was trembling. She was furious and sad and had so many other emotions.

"You knew the truth. You knew I could see ghosts and demons and you didn't say anything" She sounded broken. Her grandmother sighed and nodded. "You could have taken me in and help me understand what was wrong with me. But you didn't. You stayed aside and watched as mom threw me into an asylum" It was getting obvious in her voice that she was getting angry. Once her eyes landed on her grandmother, the yellow circle in her eyes became bigger.

"I'm sorry. I tried to make another deal but they didn't accept" Ra Hee narrowed her eyes at her.

"Of course not! Demons are manipulative! They're smart and know when to attack and how deep to scar you to have you in the palm of their hand!" The older woman raised an eyebrow and leaned closer.

"You seem to know that well" That was it. Ra Hee exploded. She got on her feet and glared at the old woman.

"Of course I know! I've been bullied by demons ever since I was a baby! They never showed kindness to me. They never offered me a deal. They played with me and with my feelings. And now, now I have to fight for the one who helped me more than my family ever did! A demon, grandma! A demon!" The woman looked down at her hands. She was feeling awful but that was nothing compared to how Ra Hee was feeling.

"I'm sorry. I didn't expect you to awaken your powers so early. I didn't even expect you to be cursed. I tried to find an explanation and cover it up but it was in vain. And then, you moved to Seoul and I lost track of your life" Ra Hee wasn't going to show any remorse for her family. She got nothing from them except pressure and pain. Besides, she got chosen as the commander because of a freaking deal! She became the commander just because her grandmother found a way to pass it to someone else.

"I'm not like you" The older woman furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "I'm going to take responsibility of what I am. I'm not going to pass my curse to someone else. It's not even a curse, anymore. It's a gift and you were so scared that you couldn't see the good it brings you" She said coldly before she walked out of there.

She walked downstairs and felt like crying. She really wanted to pour her sadness and disappointment in a good and long cry. But she couldn't. The guests were coming and she had to look perfect. She closed her eyes and leaned against the wall. She breathed in an out for a few times before she calmed down. When she opened her eyes, she realized that everything was just a charade. She was nothing but another liar in that family.

 

The party started at 8 o'clock sharp. Back in her apartment, Sunggyu and Myungsoo were standing in the kitchen, looking at each other.

"Did you feel it?" Myungsoo asked. Sunggyu sighed and rubbed his face.

"She's breaking. If we don't do something, she's going to be another puppet in Belial's hands" Myungsoo agreed. The vanity demon groaned and scratched his head.

"We both know the truth about her family. They did anything in their power to make her the perfect child. They gave her everything as long as she was acting normal. They thought she was hallucinating" Sunggyu knew. He was the main reason for that. He loved to mess with Ra Hee's head when she was in school. It made him feel good about himself. He never thought that she would turn the tables around. "She's a real commander, Sunggyu. She gained this title when she stood up against Leviathan and Asmodeus. She has the courage to stand in front of Lucifer. She is one in a million and Hell knows that" Sunggyu leaned against the table and rubbed his eyes.

"It means nothing if she breaks now" Myungsoo agreed and got up. He walked in front of Sunggyu and punched the greed demon. It took him by surprise.

"Wake up and do something. You are the only thread she's holding onto. Beelzebub knows how much she loves you. Nothing stands between you and her. Nothing but your pride as a demon" Myungsoo glared at the greed demon and waited for an answer. When it didn't come, he rolled his eyes and left.

A few minutes later, Sunggyu entered her room and looked for something in the drawer. Baekhyun was talking to Zico when the demon barged in.

"Uh, what are you doing?" Baekhyun was surprised. He had never seen Sunggyu in such a haste.

"Prepare or find some suits. We're going to Ra Hee's Christmas Party" The humans looked at each other in confusion.

"Why?" Zico asked. He still didn't know everything that happened between the demon and the young commander.

"Because I'm going to admit my feelings and I'm sure you'd like to be there to see it" He was sarcastic but that made Baekhyun grab his phone and call for a renting shop.

"Hello? I'd like six suits please. Don't matter the color as long as it's dark" He nodded at whatever he's been told. "Can you deliver them in like, 15 minutes?" He frowned and nodded. Sunggyu was confused. "Alright. Thanks" He hung up and smiled at the two males. "They'll deliver them in 15 minutes. You get all handsome" He said while looking at Zico. Afterwards, he turned to Sunggyu. "You make yourself look human" Sunggyu nodded and left right away.

It took only five minutes for Baekhyun, Chen and Zico to look classy. On the other hand, Yoongi's face was hard to fight against. The demon had a poker face and would rarely show a smile. He looked like a teenager but wasn't acting like one. Of course, that wasn't the case for Myungsoo and Taehyun. They already got used to act like young men.

Once they got the suits, Baekhyun realized how different they all looked. The demons had a certain pride and a certain glow that made them stick out in the crowd.

"Alright. I already called a cab" He smiled at his friends. The demons weren't going to appear in the Ahn Residence. They hated the idea of taking the car but they complied. They whined for the whole ride but it was better than staying at home for Christmas.

 

Ra Hee rolled her eyes for the tenth time. Her aunt came over with a man that looked stuck up. When he started to talk, Ra Hee blocked his voice out. She was sick of men like that. He knew nothing but talk about himself and his career. She grabbed another glass of champagne and drunk it in one gulp.

"So, what do you do?" Ra Hee felt like groaning. He started to ask things about her. That was horrible.

"I work as a webtoon artist" The man tried to hide his disapproval but he didn't do a good job at it. She sighed and took another glass of champagne.

"Do you usually drink so much?" His tone ticked her off.

"No. I never drink" He raised an eyebrow and took the glass from her hand. He placed it on the table and pushed her towards the gigantic Christmas tree. He wrapped his hands around her and started to dance. She noticed the happy and content gazes of her family. She was feeling like she was going to throw up.

She danced one song, two songs but had no patience for the third. She told him she had to take a seat and regain her breath. He agreed and followed her. She closed her eyes and fidgeted. He was suffocating her. Luckily, the bell rung and she offered to go and check it out. The guests were all there. No one was missing. Freaking Yoseob was having a good time with his freaking pretty girlfriend.

Ra Hee sighed and opened the door. She froze when she saw the six men in front of her door. They were dressed in dark suits and looked extremely well. Baekhyun was the one who knocked and he had a wide smile on his face. He looked like a neat puppy. Her eyes inspected every man and she stopped when she saw Sunggyu. She gulped. He was more than handsome. He looked perfect. She could feel her heart beat faster and her hands got sweaty.

"Who's at the door, sweetie?" Her mother came behind her and checked out what happened. In front of her door were six handsome young men. Her eyes widened. "Who are these young men?" Ra Hee's eyes moved on Baekhyun and she smiled.

"My friends" Her mother raised an eyebrow and stared at them. She did recognize Chen and Baekhyun from the hospital but the others were new. "I invited them" Ra Hee continued. Her mother nodded and let them in.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Her mother asked her daughter once the surprise guests entered.

"I wasn't sure if they would come or not. They have their own families" Her mother bought that reason and walked to her husband.

 

Once the boys got comfortable, Myungsoo and Taehyun gathered around the table. They grabbed a glass of champagne each and surveyed the living room. The girls and women were staring. They were handsome and they knew it.

Yoongi and Chen walked towards the table and grabbed some snacks. They weren't concerned with the party and why they were there in the first place.

Baekhyun and Zico went to Ra Hee. She was dressed in a long dress that was showing off her figure. Her hair was in a bun and had a few strings of hair let loose on each side of her face. She was beautiful.

"Why did you come?" She asked, though she tried to keep her voice down.

"We don't really know. Sunggyu and Myungsoo went in the kitchen and talked about something. It ended up with Sunggyu looking for suits and here we are" Baekhyun responded and looked warily at her mother. She was staring at him and talking to a woman. "Your mother is freaking me out already"

"Ignore her" She added fast. "When did he get this sudden revelation?"

"An hour ago. We moved fast" Zico responded. He was amazed by the decorations and the house itself. It was huge and it reminded him of home. His family would often gather for Christmas and have parties. That stopped when he got sent to Japan and Taewoon left home.

"You should ask Sunggyu" Baekhyun gave her an encouraging push toward him. He left with Zico and found Yoseob. They had a lot to talk about and a lot to explain to the human.

She took a deep breath and walked towards Sunggyu. He was staring at her when suddenly, someone interfered. It was the rich man. He was annoying.

"You disappeared for a minute. Let's-" He didn’t have time to finish his sentence. Someone tapped his back and pushed him a little to the side. "Excuse me, who are you?" Ra Hee was impressed that Sunggyu came and interrupted. He wasn't the type to act. She noticed that throughout time.

Sunggyu stuck his hand out and they shook hands.

"Sunggyu. I am Ra Hee's lover" The whole room turned to them for a moment. Sunggyu announced that loud enough for it to echo through the room. Her parents were taken aback but the demons felt like clapping.

"Finally" She swore she heard Baekhyun mutter.

"Did you record that? Did someone catch it on tape?" She heard Chen ask around. He had a huge smile on his face and was very excited.

She couldn't move. Her eyes widened and stuck on Sunggyu's face. She could still hear it in her mind.

Ra Hee's lover. Ra Hee's lover. Lover

"Her aunt told me she doesn't have a boyfriend" He was right. Ra Hee didn't have one and Sunggyu was going through an issue every time she would tell him she cared. She was curious what he was going to say.

"She has now" Her eyes widened even more. Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at the human and squeezed his hand a little too tight. The human retracted his arm quickly and watched as Sunggyu grabbed his date and started to dance with her.

"I didn't know you can dance" Sunggyu leaned close to her year.

"I can't" He wasn't breathing but she felt his voice vibrate through her whole body. "Who was that?" He glared at the human from the corner of his eye. She wasn't sure if she should smile or not. The happiness was bubbling inside her.

"No one important" She heard him scoff. She couldn't keep it in anymore. She smiled widely and pushed him back enough to look at his face. He had the same expression as ever. "Why did you come here?"

"Isn't that obvious?" She tilted her head to the side and bit her lower lip. His eyes moved down to her lips and he gulped. He really wanted to kiss her.

"No. Explain it to me" She her lips and smirked. She was aware of what she was doing. She was tempting him to kiss her in front of her family and a bunch of other people. "Sunggyu?" His eyes moved up for a moment to catch the glint in her eyes. She was mischievous and had no idea who she was playing with. He smirked and leaned in. He shocked everyone but mostly himself when he kissed her. It wasn't deep or sensual but it was significant.

"I love you" Her eyes widened and she felt her heart beat so fast that it could jump out of her chest. She felt a chill down her spine and shuddered. Sunggyu chuckled when he saw how red her cheeks got and pulled her closer. "I love you, Ra Hee" She gulped the excess of saliva and the excess of nervousness. She was a mess and he was smirking cockily. She rose on her toes and pecked him before she wrapped her hands around his waist tightly.

"I love you too, you idiot" He chuckled and caressed her back softly.

 

"I feel like crying" Myungsoo stated as the group gathered together. He glanced at Baekhyun and saw him shed a few happy tears. "You are-" Taehyun covered his mouth.

"Shut up and enjoy the sight. You won't see it again soon" Myungsoo rolled his eyes and pushed Taehyun's hand off.

"Isn't this amazing? I mean, even Beelzebub got tired of seeing him stalk her" Yoongi was right. He saw the two bicker about that. Beelzebub was the master and was the one who could turn Sunggyu into dust. "I wonder why he didn't kill Sunggyu and why he let him fall for her" Baekhyun took a hanky from the table and wiped his nose. Chen rolled his eyes and patted his friend.

"Because he is the only one that cared enough to stand by her side. Even if it was an obsession in the beginning, he saw her grow up and become the commander. It may sound weird but I think it was fate" The demons chuckled bemusedly.

"It wasn't. It was Beelzebub's plan. I'm sure of it" Everyone turned to Myungsoo. His statement was intriguing. "He fell in love witj a human before. He tried to keep her away but she was stubborn. She was pregnant with his child. He was the father. The truth is that she tried to take her life and get to her lover. It didn't happen. He gave her a box with an ancient clock. He carved a message inside the box and on the back of the clock. It was his way to say good bye forever" The humans were shocked.

"You mean-" Myungsoo didn't let Baekhyun to finish his sentence.

"Yep. The commander is the daughter of Beelzebub, not his sister. Unlike Lucifer, Beelzebub has big plans for the commander. Until now, none realized the truth and none accepted their fate. Ra Hee is the only commander that took the title as a gift not as a curse" Myungsoo turned to Baekhyun and smirked. "You did that. You opened her eyes. That's why Beelzebub is fine with your friendship" Baekhyun gulped. He didn't expect to have such a big role in her life.

"So that's what she meant" It finally made sense.

 

Sunggyu and Ra Hee were talking in the corner when her mother came over. She saw them kissing and that was enough to quirk her interest.

"Ra Hee" The demon squeezed her hand. It made her feel safe and happy. "You didn't tell me you have a boyfriend" Sunggyu raised an eyebrow.

"We fought" She responded. "But we're fine now" Her mother inspected Sunggyu from head to toe. She quite liked what she was seeing. He seemed to be a serious young man with a nice career but with a troublesome personality. Something about him was dark and suspicious.

"Are you rich?" Her mother was blunt, just like her daughter.

"I might be" Her mother glanced at Ra Hee. She was chuckling and enjoying his answers.

"Do you work? Or is your family giving you money?" Sunggyu stared at the older woman with judging eyes.

"I have a business" Ra Hee tried to keep her laughter in.

"What kind of business?" Her mother's tone changed. She was the strict woman Sunggyu saw before.

"Music business" That shut her mother up. She seemed impressed. Ra Hee was surprised how easily Sunggyu could lie. "My agency represents students from K University. I'm sure you heard of Yunho. He is one of the best entertainers and teaches Baekhyun and Chen" He pointed at the two innocent humans. Her mother sighed and nodded. She couldn't fight against so many details.

"Well, come visit us again, Sunggyu" The demon nodded and smiled like a gentleman. Her mother blushed faintly and walked back to her husband. Ra Hee chuckled and hit him playfully.

"You are such a smooth talker" He was ready to respond when he felt something. He looked at the other demons and they were all frowning. A sudden earthquake moved the whole house from side to side for a few seconds. It wasn't big but it scared the guests. That was when it hit Ra Hee too. She looked up at Sunggyu with fear all over her face.

The war was coming

End of Part 2

Part 3- Between Heaven and Hell