Highschool Reunion

For the Sake of Assasination Classroom Movie Premiere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Haruna had just arrived at Ken-On HQ and she directly went to Mirai’s dressing room to greet her senpai.

Haruna: Mirai-senpai, I just randomly saw my friend reading the latest ansatsu chap—

Mirai: Ssssssst!

She stopped upon Mirai’s sudden request for silence. She saw her senpai was totally engrossed in her reading at her dressing room couch. It was the latest Ansatsu Kyousu chapter.

Haruna: Ah… of course you already had them in your hand without me telling (laughs)

Mirai flipped each page in excitement. The manga was reaching to a new to the conclusion of the Kayano arc. She couldn’t blink upon reading every panel.

But then, one page flip had shocked her entire system. Her eyes widen and her jaw dropped.

There she saw an entire panel of Nagisa kissing Kayano.

Mirai: EEEEEHHHH?! (abruptly stood up from her couch)

Haruna: Senpai? (surprised) Are you okay?

Mirai: NO WAAAAAY!!!!!

Mirai couldn’t believe her eyes. Indeed she knew that Matsui Yusei had always been making unpredictable plot twist every now and then on that manga. But she had never seen this coming at all.

Haruna: Senpai??

Mirai: Ah… sorry Haruna-chan. This manga is really playing with my emotions (grins sheepishly)

Haruna: (laughs) Mou, senpai aren’t you being too overreacting

Mirai was still struggling with the major plot escalation. Nagisa and Kayano?! Like hell Nagisa you couldn’t think of another way to stop her?!

She didn’t know why, but suddenly uneasiness began to creep into her heart.

And then the chapter ended. What a cliffhanger. She went to take a drink in hopes for recovering from her shock.

Haruna was flipping through the latest newspaper.

Haruna: Ah…. seems like Yamada-kun’s Ansatsu Kyousu will get a sequel

Mirai immediately chokes on her drink.

Haruna: EH? Senpai?? Are you okay?

As soon as she recovers from her coughing, Mirai went straight towards Haruna to take a look at the news.

Mirai: EEEEEEEEEEEEEHHH?!!

Her jaws dropped at the super fast announcement for a sequel. She’s supposed to be happy about this right? I mean she enjoyed the first movie. But why is she reacting that way towards this announcement?

Her mind navigated back to the recent Assasination Classroom manga chapter she just read.

Mirai: EEEEEEEEEEHHHH??!

 

 

********

 

 

Ryosuke just finished a promotion event, and he was heading straight back to Hey! Say! JUMP’s dressing room at Johnny’s headquarters. He opened the dressing room to find a confetti being thrown into his face.

JUMP members: CONGRATULATIONS!

Hikaru and Inoo: (blows a plastic new-year trumpet)

Ryosuke: EHH?? (shocked) What the hell is this??

Yuto: Congratulations on your movie sequel Yama-chan!

Chinen shoots another confetti to Ryosuke’s face.

JUMP members: Yatta!!

Ryosuke: (laughs) Really?? A confetti? Are you guys kidding me?

Yabu: Shouldn’t you be touched or something (laughs)

Ryosuke: Whatever (cleans the confetti from his face and laughs even more) Anyway, thanks guys!

Keito: I watched you pulling out that surprise announcement ball. You were really cute (taps Ryosuke’s shoulder and gives him a smouldering smirk)

Ryosuke: Okay, let’s just stop there… stop calling me cute! That’s just disgusting (brushes Keito’s hand on his shoulder)

Chinen: Oi, since your movie became a huge hit, shouldn’t we get at least a meal treat from you? Or a party?

Ryosuke: (narrows) I knew it! I knew there was something suspicious! You guys wanted to rob me!

Takaki: Oh come on Yamada! Don’t be so stingy!

JUMP members: Treat us~! Treat us~! Treat us~!

Ryosuke: (laughs) alright, alright, fine! I’ll treat you guys!

JUMP members: YATTA!

Daiki: Tonight! Tonight! Tonight! (began chanting)

The other members soon followed his chant.

Ryosuke: (sighs) FINE! I’ll treat you guys tonight!

JUMP members: YATTA!

Ryosuke: Geez… you guys are like a bunch of elementary school kids begging for candy (laughs)

Chinen shoots another set of confetti to Ryosuke while Hikaru and Inoo blew the new year trumpet to Ryosuke’s ears.

Ryosuke: DUDE! (breaks away from them in irritation as he rub his ears from the pain caused by the loud trumpet sound) Would you stop that?!

JUMP members: YATTA!

In the middle of their celebration, suddenly Ryosuke’s, Chinen’s and Yuto’s phone vibrated at the same time. The three of them glance at eachother questioningly.

Ryosuke opened his phone and found a new chat from Suzuka on their highschool class’s LINE group.

 

Suzuka: It’s decided! Our first ever highschool reunion after 3 years! At my villa! Please mark your calendar and make sure to be there!

 

Along with the mail was a date and time.

Ryosuke, Chinen, Yuto glanced at eachother and smirked meaningfully.

 

 

********

 

 

Finally, the day of their highschool reunion came. Suzuka have been volunteering herself to be the organizer, asking each member’s schedules and determine the perfect date where everyone could attend the occasion. She even went to the level of providing them the villa too.

Suzuka’s villa was located near the beach around Chiba district. Since most of the classmember were busy with schedules in the morning and noon, their official gathering time started around afternoon, a few hours before the sun sets. Mirai and Umika in particular plan to come early so the three of them can spend their time together longer.

They have bought the equipments and ingredients needed for the barbeque party and was now preparing the raw food materials at the barbeque table place on the villa’s deck that was facing straight towards the sea.

Suzuka: Remember that time, when we held a secret barbeque party at school?

Mirai: Yeah! We did it in the school rooftop after school right? It was crazy, but really fun!

Umika: Whose idea was it again?

Suzuka: I think it was either Chinen-kun or Kamiki-kun’s idea

Umika: I think it was Chinen. That kid can really convince us to do anything (shivers)

Mirai: (laughs) yeah, it’s probably him. It was the first time the class was willing to break rules together.

Suzuka: Yes! Yes! Before that Yamada-kun is probably the only guy in our class who gets detention! And we really came together that day

Umika: Yes! Yes! (nods excitedly) How did we managed to pull that stunt again?

Mirai: We pretended to leave school afterschool, but actually we walk all the way back to the old building to hide until the school is empty

Suzuka: Oh yeah! We really went that far!

Mirai: It was a crazy idea but unexpectedly we managed to get away with it

Mirai got too excited that she almost cut her fingers out.

Mirai: ITTE~! (she glanced at the small cut in her finger)

Lucky enough the cut was really small.

Suzuka: Mirai-chan! You really at this aren’t you!

Mirai: Sorry (grins sheepishly)

Suzuka quickly grab her first aid kit and put a bandage over Mirai’s injured finger.

Suzuka: (glance at the badly cut out meat by Mirai) You know what, you should just watch and wait (laughs)

Mirai: (sigh) Yeah, I’ll probably just do that (laughs back)

Umika: You know who’s good at cooking? Yamada-kun! We sure could use his help right now (laughs)

Mirai: Well sorry I’m not him (laughs)

Suzuka: Ah! Speaking of the devil!

Suzuka who was facing back at her villa saw four new figures approaching their way.

Chinen: Hey girls! (greets casually, putting both his arms around Mirai and Umika) Miss me?

Umika: Let go! You’re so annoying! (laughs as she pulls away from Chinen’s hand)

Mirai turned and found Ryosuke, Yuto and Kamiki was right behind him, giving the girls a smirk.

Ryosuke: We ended our band meeting earlier, so we made ourselves here as fast as we can.

Umika: Nice! We sure could use your help here Yamada-kun!

Mirai: You were with them? (turns at Kamiki)

Kamiki: Oh, they invited me to come along. We met on our way here

Umika: Oh great! The seven of us? Now this felt like our usual higschool gang hangout (laughs)

Eventhough the seven of them had some ups and downs as friends, and especially during the ‘Yamada Ryosuke distancing from girls’ era, they were pretty much a circle of friends together throughout highschool.

That’s when they all noticed the awkward tension surrounding Yuto and Suzuka. Yuto had always stood in the back of his friends during his arrival and he had been silent up until that second. Ryosuke stepped aside, dragging Chinen aside to reveal Yuto's figure behind them to the girls. Mirai and Umika did the same to Suzuka and secretly pushes her to the front.

Unexpectedly Ryosuke nudged Yuto forward, and the taller boy could only give him a frown. He was then a few inches facing Suzuka.

Yuto: Hey (scrathes his head)

Suzuka: Hi

Yuto was fidgeting with his finger, while Suzuka was biting her lip. Then an awkward silence enveloped them.

Yuto: It’s been a while

Suzuka: It’s been a while indeed

Another silence.

Ryosuke smacked his forehead hard at this.

Kamiki: You know what, I think we still have plenty of stuff to prepare. Let’s work!

Finally Kamiki broke the tension and tap the three boys' shoulders. He went to the table and began taking one of the knives there. Seeing this, Ryosuke immediately rush to his side fearfully.

Ryosuke: Let me just do the filleting!

Kamiki: Thank you! You saved me!

The others laughed upon that comment.

Then Ryosuke began filleting the meat along with Umika, Mirai-Kamiki-Chinen tried helping as much as they can, and Suzuka with the help of Yuto continue cutting the remaining vegetables. They others had all planned the two of them to have the same task so they can settle some things out before the whole barbeque ended. But, instead of getting them into a decent conversation, they were silent throughout the whole thing.

Chinen had just finished washing some fresh vegetable and purposely s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter