The Scandal

For the Sake of Assasination Classroom Movie Premiere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The HSJ boys were having another normal day at their dressing room on the Johnny’s HQ, casually enjoying their breaks in between rehearsals. The 7 members were messing around in front of their dancing mirror, making stupid noises and movements upon matching up to Ryosuke’s elementary-school-behavior switch. Inoo, Daiki and Takaki were playing cards on the floor. Hikaru was flipping the latest entertainment newspaper on the couch. Yabu, joined him while sipping through his hot coffee.

Hikaru: Oh look Yama-chan! Your movie debuted number one all over Japan! Congratulations!

Ryosuke: (turns his head at Hikaru’s direction) Really?

Hikaru: Yeah, it’s on the headline.

Keito & Yuto: Awesome!

Yuya: Sasuga Yamada!

Chinen: Yeay! (throws an imaginary confetti) Everyone, lets gather at Ryosuke’s house tonight at 7 p.m! We’re having a barbeque party! On him!

Ryosuke: (throws himself at Chinen and wrestled him on the floor) Stop making plans on your own one sidedly, baka!

Hikaru: (scans another part of the headline section. His brows rised slightly as he read another headline) Oh, and apparently Shida Mirai and Kawaguchi Haruna were spotted attending Ansatsu Kyousu movie premiere. (casual tone)

Yabu: (chokes on his drink)

The other HSJ boys: (turns at Hikaru) WHAT?!!

Hikaru: Wait a minute… (eyes suddenly widen upon the late realization, as he stood up from his seat) SHIDA MIRAI AND KAWAGUCHI HARUNA WERE SPOTTED ATTENDING ANSATSU KYOUSU PREMIERE?!

Ryosuke: (rushed to Hikaru and pulls the newspaper abruptly from him) Give me that!

The other members soon gather around Ryosuke, as they scanned the front page of the newspaper once more.

Yuto: But how did they found out??

Daiki: (points at the blurry picture that supported the headline, showing Mirai and Haruna in the middle of the crowd of fangirls) apparently, someone accidentally snapped at them when they came into the studio right before the movie starts.

Keito: So everything we did …. was for nothing? (makes a crying face)

Ryosuke blinked, still having his eyes stuck at the headline. He still couldn’t grasp the situation. This is not happening. This can not be happening.

That’s when their dressing room door burst open. Standing before them right outside the door was Julie, their manager. She was also holding up the same newspaper that the boys had been reading. And her face was unhappy.

Inoo: Oh boy …

The woman’s eyes was transfixed on Ryosuke. She slowly made her way towards him.

Yabu: (goes in between Julie and Ryosuke) Julie-san, there’s an explanation to all this, and it’s not Yama-chan’s fault

Yuto: Yes, this is all our fault too

The other HSJ boys gathers beside Yabu to block Ryosuke from Julie)

Ryosuke: (pulls Yabu’s arms and motions at him to back off) Yabu-kun, let me handle this.

Yabu hesitated, but Ryosuke pleaded him to comply. In the end he moved over and let Ryosuke stand in front of him. The boys could only share silent glances as worries engulf them.

Julie: Well?!

Ryosuke: Listen Julie-san, what was written in there, in that headline, it was all true. I was the one who invited them to the premiere.

Julie: You did what?! How could you say that so nonchalantly?!

Ryosuke: I know, I know. (sighs) I was reckless, selfish, and thoughtless.

Julie: You know this is going to get those girls in trouble the most!

Ryosuke: That’s why Julie-san…. Please. I beg of you. Don’t let this rumor turn into another Nischiuchi Mariya case. The girls are not to be punished for this. It’s entirely my fault, so just let the blame be on me.

Julie: I don’t have the power to do that! You do understand that whatever is going to happen will be decided by Johnny-san.

Ryosuke: Please Julie-san (Ryosuke suddenly grabbed both Julie’s hand and stare into her eyes) No matter what Johnny-san says, I will not let those girls to be blamed for. This is my matter, so it’s my right to decide how things are going to turn out.

The other HSJ boys gulped in anxiety as they waited for Julie’s answer. Julie looked hesitant. He looked away from Ryosuke’s gaze.

Julie: (rubs her temple in frustration) Fine. I’ll try to work somethings out and talk to him.

 

 

*********

 

 

After the scandal arises, the net was blowing up. Ryosuke was laying in his bed, staring at the ceiling blankly. He had been checking out the net a few hours ago, and he’s had enough of all the unpleasant things that came out of there.

Just as expected, there were so many hate directed towards both Mirai and Haruna. Of course they would be the victim, since the headline clearly says how they were the ones coming to his premiere. Rumors will always be rumors, where the media began overexaggerating the story, adding more spice to make their story juicier. Some stated how the two actress were crazy over Ryosuke and both wanted to gain his attention by going to the premiere. It was such a lousy story, but everyone starts believing it.

But unexpectedly, there were also some fans who supported their friendship. There were also hardcore YamaShi shipper (the ship existed for years but Ryosuke only realized their existence around this time) who supported the two (Ryosuke and Mirai) to have a relationship, which was surprising for him, though he felt really weird in so many ways about it. Haruna was probably the one with the most hate, since some fans thought that she’s being on the way of Ryosuke and Mirai being together. Whatever rumors sprout out and whichever response coming out of it, none of it was true, and it didn’t felt right for him. It had also turned both Mirai and Haruna at a serious disadvantage.

After Julie ended their argument at the dressing room and refused to give any decisions regarding his favor yet, Ryosuke headed straight home. He refused to meet anybody that night. Chinen had offered him to go out and have some drink. The little guy knows very well how Ryosuke always needed company even during his darkest and most tiresome days. But unexpectedly, even his invitation was rejected.

That was when a mail came in from an unexpected person. Ryosuke’s eyes widen as he read out the name of the sender: Ninomiya Kazunari.

Ninomiya: Yama-chan, come and have a drink with me tonight. I’ll send you the details of the drinking place soon.

Reading this, Ryosuke sigh. There’s no way he can refuse an invitation from a senpai. Especially not Ninomiya Kazunari. That would be extremely rude of him.

 

 

*********

 

 

Ryosuke had arrived at the address that Nino sent to him after the invitation. It was a small but exclusive pub. It was quiet empty that night. Ryosuke found this quiet weird, since it was supposed to be a well-known place. Did Nino possibly booked the entire place for them?

As Ryosuke entered inside, he saw Nino, sitting casually at one end of a table while waving at him with a welcoming smile. Ryosuke was surprised to find that the man wasn’t alone.

Kamiki: Hey! What’s up Yama-chan! (waves his bottle of drink at him)

Ryosuke: Ryu! What are you doing here?!

Kamiki: Nino-san invited me over today

Ryosuke: (takes a seat in front of the two) I didn’t know you guys know eachother?!

Kamiki: Actually, we co-starred together in Namida wo Fuite drama back in 2000. That was a loooong time ago.

Nino: Yeah… you were still this small (makes a teeny-weeny circle with his finger as he laughed) And Yama-chan’s not even in the agency yet!

Ryosuke: Oh yeah… I was still totally engrossed in soccer during that time. Never thought I’d join the agency at all (laughs) We live in such a small world … (shakes his head)

Nino: Kamiki-kun, you have grown so much now! He’s already a great actor. So are you Yama-chan!

Ryosuke: Really? You really think so?

Kamiki: Oh stop it. You’re making me blush Nino-san

Nino: I mean it. You boys had grown well these past years, as actors and as entertainers. Papa Nino is proud of you boys (brush fake tears)

Ryosuke & Kamiki: Papa?! (makes a look of disgust)

Nino: Oi! (frowns) It’s a privilege to every boy to get to call Ninomiya Kazunari papa!

Then the three of them laughed.

Nino: Here (hands the menu to Ryosuke) Order some drink. You deserve some. On me! And by the way, you guys can call me Nino for the night!

Ryosuke wasn’t really sure whether Nino was drunk or not, but he was unusually high that night. He decided to follow Nino’s vibe for the night and adjust his own to his. Ryosuke then ordered his drink, and the boys waited until his drink arrives.

Ryosuke: I know what you guys are up to tonight (suddenly says out of nowhere) You guys wanted to console me tonight, aren’t you?

Nino: We are? (confused)

Kamiki: (hits Nino’s leg with his leg underneath the table)

Nino: Ouch! (surprised) I mean… WE ARE!

Ryosuke: Ryu… you’ve seen the media, right?

Kamiki: Yeah … (sympathetically) and the net. Bulls everywhere my friend.

Ryosuke: Right! Bulls! You know it more than anyone else that it’s all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter