Chapter 05

Meet Me Halfway

Taeyeon POV

 

My stay at the hospital lasted 2 days. Since I wasn’t severely injured, only a light concussion, the doctors suggested that I can go home and rest a few days before returning to my daily life. During those 2 days Tiffany never left my side and we got a little closer. Seeing my condition wasn’t as serious and I was pretty much healthy and all, Tiffany was smiling all day long and couldn’t stop cracking jokes.

 

„Alright let me quickly pack up and then we can go home ok Tiffany?“

 

„yaay finally! I can’t wait to sleep in my comfortable bed! The couch here was killing me hehe“ Tiffany exclaimed excitedly.

 

„I told you you could’ve gone home, but you insisted on staying so... sorry... and thank you for taking care of me“ I whispered the last part.

 

„Anything for you Taetae.“ – she said with her loving voice.

 

 

After returning home and unpacking my bag I lay down on my bed to reflect on the past few days. To me it was clear that I was falling for this girl, yet I couldn’t grasp the feeling yet. I mean for one, she was a girl, I mean maybe it was just a feeling like loving a sister, or maybe I was just grateful for still being alive and well thanks to her. I mean she did say that the „kiss“ didn’t mean anything and..oh yeah she has a boyfriend... Okay Kim Taeyeon, just forget about this and try to act normal, maybe things will turn out to surprise you, in a good way.

 

My thoughts were disrupted when I heard my door open with a click. Seohyun was standing at the door.

 

„are you alright unnie? I’m so sorry I left you two out there to fend for yourselves. If i hadn’t left maybe this wouldn’t hav...“

 

„I’m fine Seohyun, really, don’t worry, and don’t think even for a second that any of this is even remotely your fault, because it isn’t you hear me? It was simply me being stupid running around town alone without recognising my surroundings.“

 

„ohh okay next time I won’t disappoint you unnie! Wait, why where you alone? I thought you went tot he movies with Tiffany unnie?“

 

„aaah eeh yeah the movie.. was scary... soo I couldn’t stay and ran outside in fear...then got lost...“

 

„Haha I didn’t think you are the type to be afraid of horror movies!“

 

Tiffany POV

 

The two girls didn’t realise that the door of my room, which was right next to Taeyeons was wide open and I could pretty much eavesdrop the whole conversation. I can see why Taeyeon would avoid telling Seohyun about our little incident, but even then I noticed a little stuttering and hesitation. I couldn’t quite point out what she was thinking.

 

Thinking back to her days in the hospital, it really wasn’t that bad. I remember all of our funny conversations and her toothy smiles with a dimple showing sometimes. She really is a cute, clumsy yet adorable little dork. I don’t know why, but everytime I am with her, there is a tingling feeling starting in my stomach, and when we touch or laugh together, this feeling grows bigger, so big it feels like electric surges running through my whole body. What is this I’m feeling.... Why don’t I miss my boyfriend at all? I’m supposed to be straight.... aw god please tell me....help me...

 

 

I hear Seohyun talking about why she had to leave in such a hurry, the day of Taeyeons incident. Turns out her previous roommate and her had something important to discuss via Skype or something. I managed to notice how she pronounced her name, Im Yoona, with such admiration and affection, before my weariness overtook my being and I drift of into a deep slumber.

 

...

 

 

The next few weeks went by without any major incident, except I caught Taeyeon oogling over me sometimes. Well she caught me staring at her a few times as well. Surprisingly we didn’t ran from each other in embarassment, but just kept or heads low to hide our blushed cheeks and our small smiles. Well she’s probably oblivious to the fact I saw that hehe.

 

Dinner was made by Taeyeon this time. She said she really missed korean food so she decided to make kimchi fried rice, which was kinda...delicious. She was without a doubt a good cook, which surprised me because I thought with her mentioning that she was kinda well off, she didn’t want to brag but she said she’d buy a car for us 3 so we wouldn’t have to stroll around at night, i figured she’d have cooks and maids to serve her und fulfill her every wish.

 

„Unnie the food was delicious, thank you!“ Seohyun said with a smile.

 

„You’re welcome. Now go study, don’t you have exams coming up next week? Go shush I’ll wash the dishes don’t worry.“ Taeyeon explained while pushing Seohyun to prepare for her upcoming week.

 

DING.

 

My phone lit up and I saw it was a message form my boyfriend. I unlocked the screen and read, while my eyes slowly grew wider with surprise and maybe... anxiety?

 

- Hey babe, I managed to squeeze in some free time after my exams this week so I booked a flight to Vienna. I’ll be arriving next weekend and stay for a week. Surprise hehe. Miss you. Can’t wait to see you! -

 

„Girls?“ – I called them hesitantly.

 

„yeah what’s up“ they both asked simultaneously

 

„My boyfriend is paying me a visit next week.“

 

 

 

A/N: I managed to squeeze this chapter in before leaving to work. It's a little random but I wanted to show my appreciation for you guys, already 8 subscribers after maybe 10 hours? AWESOME!! now enjoy guys, and please don't forget, ideas and feedback a really appreciated since i feel myself lacking some already T.T have a nice day! If I have time I'll try uploading another chapter later today!