Chapter 01

Meet Me Halfway

„Hey Hyuuun, I’ve found you 2 new tenants to move in with you since Hyoyeon and Yoona are returning to Seoul!“ – Her Father happily announced. Seohyun’s father was very picky when it came tot he topic of who to pick to stay in Seohyuns appartment. It was situated in Vienna – a boring city in europe barely a soul out there knew, but well... in this town, a unique story is about to unfold.

 

...

 

 

Kim Taeyeon, 20 years, emotionally broken from a break up with her longtime boyfriend who cheated on her after she decided to take up business studies in Seoul’s most renowned university so she could step in her fathers shoes like he always planned her to. It’s not like she was into business, she just couldn’t refuse her fathers request/order. Her lurking desire has always been to pursue a career in arts, be it in singing, painting or even acting, but being the only child of the Kim Corporation – internationally referenced to be one of the biggest, most achieving venture there is – she gave in.

 

She had to. Little did she know that her studies did take almost all of her time, which resulted in the inability of seeing her boyfriend – now ex boyfriend – pretty much for 2 years. The only time she was allowed to squeeze in time to go for an outing was on their repective birthdays or valentines day – unbeknownst to her father of course, for he would never allow his precious heir to date just anyone.

 

 Nevertheless her feelings didn’t change, because she had faith that their relationship was deep and strong enough to endure her commitment to her studies or her fathers wishes. She thought her counterpart really loved her und would feel the same way...

 

well that was after she wanted to surprise him by visiting his home on a day in summer - a day where there was nothing to celebrate about – in order to let him have confirmation of her feelings for him and thank him properly for his endurance through their hardships. However, that was until she found herself in front of his doorstep. After fishing out a pair of spare keys from under the door mat and before she could put it into the door to open, her boyfriend – not anymore – opened the door with another woman, fingers intertwined with each others. As they saw Taeyeon, he tried to explain the situation, tried to explain how she neglected him and how he always felt rejected, which ultimately led him to slowly forget about her and his feelings for her.

 

She changed completely after the events of that day. She had always been a little introvert, but now she barely even talked. Her caring mother took notice of the change in attitude – though she didn’t know of her boyfriend – and had a heartfelt talk with her. Which eventually led to Taeyeon crying her heart out and confessing how she hated her studies – obviously because of what happened beforehand – and never wanted to take them up, how she always dreamt of being an artist and whatnot. Ultimately her mother surprisingly managed to convince her husband to halt their daughters studies and let her pursue her dreams, at least for the moment.

 

After hearing the news, Taeyeon immediately decided to look up universities, finally deciding to go abroad in order  to forget about the miserable state she was in. She didn’t like attention. So going to big countries in America or Europe was out oft he equation. She found a decent looking univerity in Austria, got accepted after a few weeks, and started looking for a place to live.

 

After googling – roomshare, vienna – and browsing for a few hours, she found a notice from some Mr. Seo. Knowing it is a korean surname she clicked on the annunciation and found the apartment quite decent. Nothing like the mansion she lived in, but she hated this rich lifestyle anyway and since her plan was to not get unwanted attention and getting to know normal people – instead of the filthy rich people her father was befriended with – she decided to apply for a room. She just thought maybe communication would be less of a hassle if the man could speak korean.

 

...

 

Hwang Tiffany, 20 years

 

..

 

there isn’t much to tell about her, really. She is a pretty girl with a bubbly personality und a dazzling smile. Her current boyfriend is very busy in getting his degree so they young pair find themselves without time for each other. Being the understanding girlfriend she is, she decided to use her time and travel around to see the world.

 

Looking up some place to travel to she found an article which considered vienna as the most livable city worldwide. This peaked her interest so she decided to apply for a roomshare...

 

 

 

A/N: sooooo.. honestly I am not very confident in this, but please bear with me maybe it'll get better over time