Chapter 4 - The second mistake

My thoughts, Your memories

Author's note: you guys would probably wanna kill me after reading this chap but it's needed so please bear with me for the time being, the good things would come I promise. I'm dying to see your comments so please do comment. And thanks a lot to all those who have subscribed and commented, your words keep me going.


Late January, and February 2012

Kim Heechul could be charming when he wanted to be and it wasn’t long before poor naïve Sungmin fell for his trap. In the start he talked about his likes and dislikes and Sungmin was surprised to find they had a lot in common. Sungmin found herself at ease with him and soon Heechul became one of Sungmin’s favourite oppas at college.

 

He frequently talked about his girlfriend, Kim Sohee who was studying in some far away university. He would talk about the wonderful times they spent and how wonderful it was to have a lover who cared for you so much. He was successful in making Sungmin fall into the idea of having a lover so caring, he just now had to bring in the person to fill the slot.

 

Heechul had planned well; as soon as he was sure Sungmin trusted him he started the second part of his plan. Amidst his talks with her he would mention Kangin, who happened to be his best friend. In his words Kangin was the most perfect guy, he was good with his studies, he had no bad habits, all teachers and students liked him, and moreover he was the Secretary of their Students Council.  Though apprehensive at first it was not long before Sungmin’s dislike for the guy turned into admiration for his qualities.

 

It may seem hard to digest, how someone who caused her break up could now be considered a friend of hers. But Kim Heechul cannot be underestimated and little did Sungmin know that this was just the start.

 

Soon the talks turned to be about love, everyday Heechul made it a habit to remind Sungmin just how much his best friend loved her. The said best friend wasn’t way behind either; he made it a point to help Sungmin in everything she did. Being new to the college getting the help of the Secretary was a huge thing for her. Slowly but surely Kangin was making a place in her heart not as a lover but as a trusted sunbae and friend.

 

A month or so passed and Heechul decided it was time for the last show down. One day he brought Sungmin a book, a book of Kangin’s that he stole to show to her. To say Sungmin was surprised would be an understatement. The book was entirely about her, poems, stories dedicated to her, there was even a photograph of her pinned to the front page. He was a good writer and his words were soul touching. Sungmin was astonished at how much this guy loved her, and truly she couldn’t help but feel at cloud nine with his love.

 

Heechul soon pulled out the same card Jessica did, at a bigger level. Sungmin had become too attached to Heechul that when he started shouting at her it hurt a lot, his words were like daggers that aimed at Sungmin’s delicate heart and in the end she fell in the same pit as before.

 

This time though she felt more confident. Unlike Siwon she was sure of Kangin’s love, the guy had shown it at multiple occasions as if his words weren’t proof enough. That was another reason Heechul’s persuasion worked; a part of her mind was already accepting Kangin.

 

Needless to say in just a month after her break up with Siwon Sungmin had another man by her side and this time it was someone who was determined to never let her go.