Chapter 13

My thoughts, Your memories

JULY 2012

 

They were on another trip to a forest in the nearby district. The forest was quite large and they were really enjoying their time in the midst of nature. They planned a trek to the largest peak in the forest and were descending from it.

 

Sungmin was with Yunho, racing down the slope trying to be the first down to reach down. They reached a rocky area where most of their classmates stopped and were taking photos. Sungmin went towards them and was soon pulled down for a photo. Kitae was the one taking down the photo, and he was randomly asking people to join the photo. At last there was Taejoon, Amber and Krystal apart from Sungmin and Kyuhyun for the photo.

 

‘You know you guys look like a family with Kyuhyun as the dad’, Kitae joked. True enough, since they were sitting down a slope the one at the top looked like the head of the family with other huddled together with him.

 

‘Well, let me put my arms around my family then, come on kids..’ With that Kyuhyun stretched his long limbs and pulled the people close to him. Sungmin was startled when an arm wound around her shoulder. Just keep still Min, don’t you go blushing now, he just did it in the spur of the moment. Its not the first time a boy has put his hand over your shoulder. Sungmin snuck a peak at Kyuhyun who seemed to not notice and was just smiling happily for the photo.

 

October 2012

 

A year had passed since Sungmin had started college. They were going to celebrate our first year anniversary together as a class. Hyuri had put forth the idea of wearing traditional clothing for the day. The boys had declined saying it was too much of a bother while the girls agreed to the idea, some eager to wear a hanbok for the first time. Sungmin remembered the pretty white and pink hanbok her mother had brought for her; she was excited to wear it.

 

The day came and everyone was bustling around getting ready for the day. Sungmin had to go for a quiz programme with a senior and she could only join by the afternoon. Her classmates told her not to worry telling her the celebrations would start only by the afternoon.

 

It was almost time for the celebration when she returned. Hyuri was waiting for her in the dorm to help her in getting dressed as Sungmin didn’t know how to tie a hanbok. Hyuri was obviously pissed off and she kept complaining as she hastily dresses Sungmin. She finished in 2 minutes.

 

‘Wow that was fast’

 

‘Yeah I hope it stays’

 

They hurried to the college. The celebration was a blast, they had cake and everyone took photographs. To Sungmin’s surprise Kyuhyun was wearing a dark pink shirt with white stripes. Though it was pure coincidence she couldn’t help but smile.

 

Walking around with a hanbok wasn’t that easy. Sungmin tripped a few times on the dress. Was this thing really this long? Why am I tripping so much? The party was almost over when Sungmin found Minho looking at her with a strange expression.

 

‘Take care of your dress Sungmin, it looks like its going to fall’ Minho was a guy who liked to tease others a lot so Sungmin found herself scoffing.

 

‘Yeah right, like you would know that, nice try Minho, anyway we are going, bye’

The girls were on their way back to the dorm. Tiffany, Hyuri, Donghae, Seohyun and Sungmin were walking together. Sungmin hadn’t taken 10 steps and suddenly the lower part of her hanbok fell to the floor. She was shocked but the others were quick to gather their wits and surrounded her providing her cover while Hyuri tied it back into the place. They were all hiding smiles at Sungmin’s embarrassment.

 

‘Gosh, I really should’ve listened to Minho, when he told me my clothes would fall off’

 

What?’They exclaimed in unison. Oops


Author's note: Its been months. I've been struggling with my writing and also with study. Hope you guys understand. It's a short chapter, I will try harder to update soon. Sorry I made you wait so long