Chapter 18

My thoughts, Your memories

Author's note: Short chapter after a really long time. Sungmin's thoughts are in italics as usual. Not proofread so forgive me if there are mistakes

 

It was one of those days when Ryeowook stayed at the dorm. She was one of Sungmin’s bestfriends and Sungmin decided to show the letters to her. Maybe she could give her advice on what to do.

 

Perched up on the railing on the rooftop of their dorm, Ryeowook was seriously immersed in reading the letters, while Sungmin sat a few feet away, anticipating her opinion.

 

‘Wow Min, this is so… what do I say?’

 

‘Are they bad?’

 

‘No Min, they are good, so nice, so when are you gonna give them to Kyuhyun?’

 

‘…….’

 

‘You are gonna show them aren’t you?’

 

‘Yes I am, how about at the farewell after the course ends in 2 and 1/2 years?’

 

‘Really Min, I thought you weren’t that stupid. What is the use of giving these then when we are all gonna go separate ways? What if he wanted the same? No you should give them now.

 

I don’t think he feels the same ‘Ok Wook, I will think about it.’


06-04-13

There was one more person left to ask. Out of all the people Sungmin trusted with telling about the letters this person might be the one who knew Kyuhyun the most.

 

‘So you are telling you wrote letters to Kyuhyun?’ Yunho asked Sungmin with a smile on his face.

 

‘Yeah I did. Yunho I hope you don’t misunderstand’

 

‘Oh I understood all that you explained so no misunderstandings. So have you given them to Kyuhyun?’

 

‘That’s the problem, I’m not sure if I should. It would be bad if he misunderstands’

 

‘Don’t worry Min. If there is one person who wouldn’t misunderstand, it’s Kyuhyun. So just give them’

 

‘You sure?’

 

‘Ya, go on’


 

This is a bad idea Sungmin, you can still turn back. Be cool and calm Sungmin. Its not the end of the world. Atleast not yet.  Sungmin’s mind was screaming warnings at her as she walked towards Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was leaning on the wall talking something with Taejoon.

 

‘Um, Kyuhyun?’

 

‘Yes?’

 

‘Can you come here for a minute? I need to tell you something’

 

‘Ok, so tell me what it is?’

 

Sungmin drew a long breath and said in one go, ‘I wrote a bunch of love letters for you. Do you wanna read them?’

 

Oh god, oh . What did I just say? So much for being cool and calm. That was way too cool. God, if the ground could swallow me up now. He is really gonna hate you now.

 

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun. He looked surprised for a moment before a signature smile broke on his face, ‘Oh really? Give them to me, I wanna see them’  Is this guy kidding? Anyway Sungmin, guess its not the end yet

 

‘Oh, you see Kyuhyun they are not really love letters, I just said that for fun…’ She then proceeded to explain about the letters and handed them over to him. He said he will take them to the dorm and bring it back the next day.

 

It was night. Kyuhyun had still not called. Sungmin was so tensed she couldn’t bear to sit down. Did he not like the letters? Was he angry with me for writing them? Or worse did he misunderstand? Oh god, I really shouldn’t have given them. Sungmin tried calling him multiple times but to no avail.

 

He really isn’t picking up. God, Min what have you done now?