Chapter 7

The little mermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin's POV.

I woke up to one of the most annoying thing ever. The door to the basement was left open by probably Areum and so I could hear all the voices coming from upstairs. This had happened once and since I usually wake up to unfamiliar voices, just today they decided to have a guest. At eight in the morning. Fantastic.

I kept turning around in the bed and stuffing the pillow on my ears so I wouldn't hear anything but just of course it wouldn't work. I grumbled as I got up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom. I sprayed my hair full of dry shampoo and then brushed it back with my fingers and tied it in a high ponytail and smiled at my reflection. I took out my BB-cream and applied it all over my face and then took out my powder and eyeliner, doing the rest of my makeup. I did a cute pose to the mirror and then went to pikc out my clothes. Even though I wasn't happy with how early I woke up and why I woke up, I decided not to take out that frustration on the ones that provided me a house, food and everything else. As much as I loved how the T-shirt I used my sleepwear told everyone that could read exactly what I thought at this moment, I don't think Areum would appreciate me going around the guests with a black oversized shirt that had the text "Shut the f#ck up, I need my beauty sleep" in bold white letters. I took out a pair of highwaisted shorts and a sweater and wore them, completely satisfied with the outfit. 

"I'm so damn pretty" I said to myself while smiling brightly, almost forggeting how early it was. Then the annoying girly shriek was heard again and I rolled my eyes. Who could it be? It atleast sounds like a 4 year old girl but then again, there are girls that just use that kind of a voice, thinking it's cute. Just like my little sister. Ugh. Completely forgot about that . I wonder how they are? It's been only 5 days. they couldn't have tracked me down, right? i got a new phone and withdrew money, threw my old phone and the sim card away and put my credit card away. Oh yeah, about the credit card, don't tell Areum, okay? She thinks I'm a poor runaway girl and I'd rather keep it that way, that's the only reason I even live here with them after all.

Now that I started thinking of what my family is doing right now, what is Bom doing? Does she miss me? Is she freaking out? How does she feel about this whole thing?

How does everyone feel about this thing?

Under the sea

"is there really nothing we can do?" a man sighed.

"I'm sorry, Jaehyun, I really am. But you need to know we tried our best. God this is so much harder compared to how it was when Ariel went up there"

"That's because my daughter has more brain then your daughter" Jaehyun clasped his hand over his mouth to stifle a laugh when he saw his big brother turn around in rage, "Sorry not sorry, Triton. I guess she got her peanut brain from her father"

"Ya, do you want my help on this or not?" Triton glared at his brother who immediately shut his mouth and nodded.

"Good, then you will keep that little mouth of yours shut" he said and Jaehyun nodded. He kept thinking where his daughter was and if she was okay.

"I want my baby girl home soon" Jaehyun sighed a he looked at the picture of Chaerin, holding her suitcase and looking at the camera with a bright smile. It was a picture from the last night Jaehyun saw his daughter.

"Hey, come on. We'll find her, promise" Triton smiled at him, "You know, we could send someone up there to find her. Someone who knows her very well. Best friend maybe?"

"Of course! Let me make a call, I'll be right back!" Jaehyun smiled and hurried out of his brothers office, leaving the other a little startled.

Jaehyun dug his memory a bit and then dialled the right number.

"Come on... Pick up"

....

"Babe! Your phone's ringing!" Seunghyun shouted and soon his fiancée swam to the room with a grumpy look on her face. She was holding up a half-eaten grilled corn cob, making him smile. She looked so adorable whenm she was annoyed.

"Hello?" Bom answered the phone grumpily while munching her corn.

"Bom?" a man's voice asked, making her eyes widen and almost choke on her corn.

"Omo! Hello ahjussi!" she said a little shocked at the sudden call.

"Hello, Bom-ah!" the man chuckled and then cleared his throat, "I need your help"

"What is it, ahjussi?" she asked with a little hesitation. Last time he called, he needed her to go search for Chaerin. Just simply because he was too lazy. Not that he would admit that.

"I'm not sure how to tell you this but you see... Chaerin has gone missing" Jaehyun said and Bom rolled her eyes.

"Are you sure she's not at the coral reef she loves to draw at?" she asked, ready to hear him go "Oh, totally forgot about that place! Thanks!". She certainly wasn't expecting the reply she was getting.

"No, Bom, she went to the human world"

The corn cob in her hand dropped on the floor and her other hand quickly clenched her phone.

"What?!"

"Yes, I know. I need you to go look for her"

"But ahjussi! I need to plan my wedding! Send your men there!" she quickly said, because honestly, she had no desire in going up there. Sure, she loved Chaerin and all but, her wedding came first. Before Jaehyun could say "Would you be able to have your wedding without Chaerin there?", she hung up and fell on the ground, full of worry.

....

"" Jaehyun cursed as the call ended. He was just about to enter the office again but was stopped by a voice.

"Sir, I think you should send a detective after her"

"Ahhh, of course! How could I be so stupid!? I'll send my men there right now. Thank you, Seungri. You know what? I'll give you and your sister a week off as a thank you! I must o now, thank you again"

"Pleasure's all mine, Sir"

Chaerin's POV.

I went up the stairs and immediately my nostrils were invaded by the smell of something... familiar. I tilted my head, confused wat the smell was coming from but then decided to go to the kitchen when my stomach grumbled. I was met with one sight. One completely disgustingly adorable sight that made my heart melt.

There was a completely adorable girl mixing something that looked like salad in a bowl while Jiyong held her up so she could reach there. She kept stuffing the salad in and munching it while smiling brightly. But no, that's not the most adorable thing about the scene. Nope, that would be Jiyong. He was smiling the most adorable smile I've ever seen on his face while telling the little girl the stupidest jokes I've ever heard (like seriously, what's funny about "What do you call cheese that isn't yours? Nacho cheese"?) and laughing at them on his own like they're the funniest jokes ever. He looked so cute and adorable yet y at the same time, how does anyone- wait. What am I talking about again? Ughh God damn it Lee Chaerin, get a grip. He's an .

I still wonder how it would feel to have those arms wrap around me and have him tell all those stupid jokes to me in attempt to make me laugh. I bit my lip and blushed at the thought before mentally smacking mysel. 

"No Chaerin, stop!" I whispered to myself.

So... the annoying voice was produced by this little girl? She looks cute, I might as well forgive her this once. She should be grateful.

Where do I know her from? It's like I've seen her face so many times and I have no idea why.

"Good morning Chaerin-ah! You're up early!" Areum gleefully greeted me and I faked a smile and held myself back from saying something like "Well, I wouldn't be up if you didn't leave my door wide open". I just smiled and greeted her with a "Good morning!" before shifting my attention to the little adorable creature in Jiyong's arms.

"Hi there~" I smiled at her and she stopped chewing the salad, blinking at me with wide eyes.

"Oppa, who's she?" she asked as she turned to hide herself in Jiyong's chest. Jiyong laughed at the little girl's adorable antics and made me smile also.

"I'm Chaerin, Jiyong's....errr...." I hesitated if I should say 'friend' or not.

"Girlfriend?" the little girl asked and turned to glare look at me.

"WHAT?! NO"

And just to let you know, I was not the one to shout that. Nope, that was all Jiyong. I was just left there with a gaping mouth, lookin like a fish. And the poor little girl in Jiyong's arms looked like she had a mini heart attack from his shouting.

"Jiyong, tone down, will you? And no baby girl, this is Jiyong's friend. She lives with us" Areum said and sent a glare to her son.

"Lives with you?" the little girl frowned and then looked at me in distaste, "Jiyong oppa is mine"

Alrighty then.

"I don't like her, oppa" she the huffed and snuggled up in Jiyong's arms. I would've laughed but I was just left stunned.

Well I don't like you either, I thought to myself.

At least Jiyong found it amusing. I just found it annoying.

"Haru-yah, she's just a friend. You know you're the only girl I will ever love" Jiyong said in a cute voice and I just sent him a look and mouthed "e", causing him to make a face at me.

"Promise?" the little girl named Haru asked and Jiyong nodded.

"But you know I don't like mean girls so now you have to be nice to Chaerin unnie, okay?" he said and Haru nodded.

"I don't like you but since you're oppa's friend, I must be nice. I'm Lee Haru" the girl said to me and I just blinked in disbelief.

"I- I'm Lee Chaerin" I said and she nodded at me before going back to her salad munching.

"Hello everyone I am back sorry to leave Haru here to bother you" a man entered the room and immediately I snapped around to look at the man in shock.

"Oh. My. God." I muttered as I looked at the man. He smiled at me and waved.

I'm dreaming, right?

Epik High's Tablo is not in my the Kwon's kitchen right now, right?

This is a dream.

Someone pinch me right now.

Suddenly I felt Jiyong's fingers on my arm and then he pinched me.

"What the Kwon?!" I shouted and rubbed my arm. When did he even move next to me?

"You said 'Someone pinch me' so I did it" he shrugged with amusement written all over his face. He smirked at me when I curled my fists, ready to punch his face.

"Daddy!!" Haru suddenly yelled and wiggled her way out of Jiyong's arms and ran to hug the man who picked her up.

Wait a sec. Haru's his daughter? Oh My God. So that's where I know her from!!

"Hey you, did you cause much trouble in here?" he asked her as he pinched Haru's cheeks and made her whine. I smiled at the scene.

"No she didn't, Daniel" Areum smiled at him and I was confused and just had my mouth gaping at the scene before my eyes.

"Close your mouth, Lee, you're not a fish" Jiyong whispered to me, making me turn red from embarrasm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter