Chapter 9

The little mermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin's POV.

I watched in horror as Jiyong fell on the ground, his face pale as if he just saw a ghost or something. I didn't care about the pain in my fin as I tried to rub myself dry on the carpet. I felt myself transforming and I bit my lip as I got up quickly, wobbling a little but not caring about it as I kneeled beside Jiyong.

"C'mon Jiyong wake up, it's not funny" I muttered and shook him in panick, lightly slapping his cheeks as I just waited for him to open his eyes and say "What the are you doing?".

I panicked as he didn't open his eyes and felt tears well up this time not because I was literally sitting on my ankle but because he made me worried and I hated it. I hated the fact that he made me feel like I was strangled and made my heartbeat increase every passing second as he didn't open his eyes and-

"You can stop slapping me" his voice suddenly said and I looked at him, the tears that had been spilling over, now abruptly stopping as I saw his annoyed face that was twisted in slight amusement.

"Oh my God I ing hate you Kwon" I said as I wiped my tears but couldn't help but feel relieved that he had woken up.

"You know, I had this weird dream tat you were a fish and then  fainted on your....carpet" he whispered the last part when he noticed where he was lying right now.

Wait. WHAT?! A fish?! Did I look like a freaking fish to him?! What does he think I am? Salmon?!

"Why am I on your carpet Chaerin?" he asked me and got up and his eyes widened in shock when I didn't say anything.

"YOU'RE A FISH?!" he screamed and I hit him right behind the knee, making his leg wobble slightly.

"Hey! I'm not a fish!! I'm a mermaid!" I shouted to him and his eyes looked disbelieving.

"Sure, and I just got home from meeting Barack Obama" he sarcastically said but went silent when I just glared at him.

"Wait, you're serious??" he asked and I nodded. He looked me in the eyes for a minut to see if I were lying but when he didn't see a sign of that, his eyes widened and he pressed his lips tightly together so he wouldn't gape.

"O-oh okay" his voice cracked and I wanted to laugh at his adorable shocked expression. I giggled a little and covered my mouth to surpress them. He suddenly went up to me and touched my legs, making me pull them close as he slightly creeped me out. Suddenly my sprained ankle reminded me of itself and made me yelp. It was as if he snapped out of a trance when he heard my yelp and he frowned.

"You hurt your ankle" he said and I rolled my eyes before muttering back a "Yeah, I know, idiot"

"Stay here" he got up and spinted in my bathroom, coming out with a first aid kit in his hands. It was a cute pink boz with drawings of plasters and a cross on it and you'd think that it would be decorated by a girl but after seeing Jiyong's blowdryer, I have my doubts.

"Now, I'm gonna press this, just tell me from scale 1-10 how much it hurts"

Just so you know, it was hell. I don't think I can ever let him take care of me.

"So you're a...?" he looked at me when he finished wrapping up my ankle.  I glared at him when he patted it and he immediately pulled his hand away, ooking like he thought I was going to bite it off.

"A mermaid, yes" I answered him and he nodded, trying to act casually, but I could clearly see his eyes were filled with questions.

"Come on, ask i out"  encouraged him and he looked at me unsurely.

"It's not like I'll bite your head off because of a couple questions" I said as I  chekced out my nails. I could do a manicure. I could make someone else do it. There, sounds better.

"Why aren't you questioning me though? I mean I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter