Suho

Waking Up With Exo

    Probability has never been your area of expertise. It has also never been on your side so after years of crazy, busy comebacks and promotions, you've finally decided to stop trying to calculate the probability that Joonmyun will be home the next day. You climb into bed alone- you're used to it by now- and hope in your heart of hearts that wherever he is, he's eating well and resting well. Turning out the light, you drift off into sleep.
    You're a light sleeper so when your phone buzzes from a single text message two hours later, you wake up. The text is from Joonmyun and it reads, Hey babe, can you open the door? I left my keys in the dorm. 
    As you stumble to the front door, groggy and bleary-eyed, you wonder if maybe you're just dreaming. You certainly don't want to get your hopes up and be disappointed and-
    "Ah!" You can't stop the yelp that escapes your mouth when you open the door and Joonmyun immediately sweeps you into his arms. Now entirely awake, you cling to him to keep yourself from falling over.
    "Hi baby," he whispers and you smile at the term of endearment. Pulling away, you kiss his lips and take in the sight of him. His hair is slightly disheveled from so much work for the Exodus comeback and he's barefaced, dark crescent moons sunken in under his eyes, and yet he still looks so handsome.
    Reaching up, you cup his cheek in your hand. He turns his head and kisses your palm before taking your hand in his and leading you back to the bedroom. "Are promotions going well? Why are you home so soon?" you ask as he pulls off the hoodie he's wearing. It's almost 2AM, you note.
    "Promotions are great, but our schedule for tomorrow got cancelled so they told us to do whatever we wanted." He goes into the bathroom and runs the faucet to get ready for bed. There's something comforting about the sounds of him brushing his teeth and washing his face- it fills the empty space, seeps into the cracks of your tired heart, making you feel whole again. He comes back into the room and settles into bed next to you, stretching out. You curl up into his side and he wraps his arm around you.
    "Why didn't you stay at the dorm? It's so much closer," you say, head resting on his shoulder.
    His fingers draw lazily on your back. "I missed being able to sleep in a bed next to someone who doesn't snore."  You giggle. You've never thought of Minseok as someone who snores.
    "You could've just said you missed me, you know," you tell him, and he grins.
    "That's true," he says, "but I feel like if I admitted to that, I'd cry."
    You push yourself up on one arm. "Are you serious?" He nods sheepishly and you laugh because he's so cutely sensitive and hug him tightly. "Well I missed you too." He reaches over to turn off the bedside table lamp.
    "Go to sleep," he whispers. You do.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

    Late morning finds cuddles and tangled legs and sweet whispers as he holds you in his arms. Your stomach growls and he laughs, a sound that you've missed too much. "We should make breakfast," he says as you bury your face into the crook of his neck.
    You nip at him playfully and say, "I'll just eat you." He smiles and runs his hand through your hair.
    "I'm not sure I taste as good as bacon." You sit up at the word 'bacon' and stretch.
    "That's true," you say matter-of-factly as he sits up as well. 
    In the kitchen, you cook at the stove, humming cheerily over the sizzle of bacon and eggs. He wraps his arms around you from behind, as cheesy as it is, and you let your head fall back against his shoulder before tilting up to give him a kiss. The words I love you are pressed between you two and he pulls away and looks at you like you're the most beautiful thing in the world. Because to him, the probability of that being true is 100%.