Chanyeol

Waking Up With Exo

    Flying. You're flying. As you rise with the clouds and soar above the world, you feel the freedom, the release of a heavy burden, the sensation of floating. You lay in a bed of soft clouds and you'd think it'd be cold up there but there's warmth encasing you like the petals of a rose around its center.
     But soon, it ends and you're on your bed, not on clouds. You're not soaring above the world, nor are you free. Regardless, you're still wrapped in warmth and that alone brings back the comfort that you lose each day to reality.
    You're tangled in the long limbs of Chanyeol, all firm muscles and serene coziness, settled around you, holding you tightly. In his embrace, you relax, laying your head on his chest and listening to the strong beat of his heart, his heart that has its own rhythm and leads him wherever he goes because he knows his brain will give in to its insistence.
    Park Chanyeol is lovely and tough and sweet like marshmallows and cotton candy with the soothing touch of bitter tea that gives you the energy of a freshly brewed pot of black coffee. His strong arms keep you close- lean, smooth planes of muscle under unblemished skin- and his chin rests atop your head as he sleeps.
    Placing a gentle kiss on his neck, you snuggle into him, burying your face into his chest and breathing him in. He shifts, nose nuzzling into your hair as he smiles in his sleep. "Good morning," you whisper and he stirs at the sound of your voice, eyes finding their way open.
    When they focus on you, the corners of his lips tilt up and you can't help but grin back at him, running your fingers through his hair which is deliciously messy from sleep. "Good morning to you too." His voice is deep and husky, still sleepy, and it sends the best of shivers down your spine, despite his warmth around you. 
    He shifts, pulling you with him so that you find yourself curled up practically on top of him. His upper body is broad enough for you to sleep on him without your upper body even touching the bed and you have a feeling he likes holding you like this, tangled legs and all. "I'm guessing you don't want to get up just yet?" you ask sarcastically as you pull the blanket up over yourself.
    When he shakes his head and presses his hands to your back, you know you have your answer. He doesn't need to say it but he does anyway. "Let's just cuddle for now," he tells you, rubbing your back. You push yourself up a bit and kiss his soft lips- a reminder, a sign, a gesture that says 'Alright babe, I'm good with that' and 'How can I say no when you're so warm?' and everything in between.
    Chanyeol your hair, fingers twirling on the ends and you relax into his touch. You feel his chest rumble as he sings to you quietly in his deep, sleepy voice Closing your eyes, you let the sound of his voice coax you into a dream-like state. His voice was like alcohol or sweets or cigarettes- deep and addictive and, deep down, like a drug to you. It sedated you in the best way, made you want to stay in bed and curl up under the blankets with his singing as the only sound to be heard. 
    When he stops singing, he smiles, definitely more loose and still your hair. "I love you," he says, his voice like honey dripping from a spoon, like sweet broken sugar cane, like a chocolate bar snapped clean in half in the absolute greatest of ways. 
    "Mmm, say it again," you whisper because you want- need- to hear it. He rolls onto his side so that you can look at each other eye-to-eye and plants kisses on your neck, behind your ear, lips tugging playfully at your earlobe before he presses them to your skin.
    "I love you," he whispers more insistently. 
    But you still have to hear it once more. "Again," you say, your voice still hushed.
    "I. Love. You." Each word is punctuated with a kiss somewhere on your neck and cheek and collarbone. 
    Your skin heats up with need and you tilt your head up and kiss his lips, deeper than the first time, more demanding and heated than you intended for it to be. "I love you, too," you whisper breathlessly. Pleasantly surprised, he chuckles lowly and flips over, pinning you down beneath him into the mattress with a y smirk.
    "And here I thought we were just going to cuddle. But we can always play a different game if you like."