Kris

Waking Up With Exo

*A/N - Yes, I know that Kris is no longer a member of Exo. For the sake of organization, I'm just going to keep Kris under Exo anyway.

~~~~

        The color of the sky usually varies with every passing day. A lighter blue when the sun is out, a darker tint with a few clouds, gray when the storm is rolling in. But in the summer, every day seems to embrace the bright blue sky with the sun shining, the clouds and the storm waiting patiently for their turn in the fall and winter, though the days are so long, it feels like they'll never come. And on this particular morning, the world seems all brand new, like the world has just been freshly painted with a gloss coating.
        The white curtains of the bedroom flutter in the breeze and allow in some sunlight that works it's way onto your skin, bathing you in a warm glow from the heavens. Fresh air tickles your nose, coaxing alive your senses from your relaxing slumber.
        The bed moves as beside you, the giant that is the love of your life shifts in his own sleep. He looks so relaxed when he's asleep, younger, more refined. With his sharp and high nose, perfectly chiseled jawline, lips that would make anyone die in two seconds flat...he's mesmerizing.
        You study him for a while, taking in every detail, memorizing every inch. He's a work of art. A beautiful, stunning, ultimate in all ways that are incredible. 
        From the ground, you grab his white dress shirt, discarded from the previous night, and pull it on, doing up a few buttons and rolling up the sleeves. It's big on you, but you knew it would be. Your eyes scan over his strong bare chest and broad shoulders. He's all flawless skin and muscle, like Adonis himself. 
        You're tempted to trace the lines of his body, but he looks so peaceful that you decide against it. Instead, you just listen to his breathing and watch his chest rise and fall with each inhale and exhale. You can hear birds chirping happily outside and you get up and make your way to the window. It's a gorgeous day and the sun shines brilliantly, illuminating your whole life with it's glow. Outside, the green grass smells of fresh dew, the leaves of the trees rustle, birds chirp, and everything seems so alive. 
        You're so captivated by the outside world that you don't even notice that the gentle giant has awakened until you feel his arms wrap around your waist, hugging you from behind. His chin rests atop your head as he says, "Good morning, baobei," in his husky, deep, still-sleepy voice.
        Tingles shoot down your spine and your heart squeezes at the affection in his tone. "Good morning," you say softly, turning in his arms. You reach up and wrap your arms around his neck as he pulls you close to him, so that you have to stand up on your toes. He buries his face into your neck and inhales your scent, taking you in just as you had done earlier.
        For a moment, neither of you move. Everything feels so good that it would be a crime to not enjoy it. When you finally release each other, you look up at his face, enjoying the way his hair is perfectly messy and glorious to the point of wanting to run your fingers through it all day long. His skin is smooth, all the way down his bare torso to his grey sweatpants that hang low on his hips. He raises his eyebrows at his shirt that you're wearing and you smile, knowing he's surprised.
        "Let's make breakfast," you say, taking his enormous hands and tugging him to the kitchen. The way your own hand is like the size of a child's compared to his is incredible- it makes you feel safe and secure.
        Breakfast is full of sweet things and smiles and you wish that every day could be like today because the feeling of being so relaxed only comes every so often when Kris is actually at home with you and not away shooting movies and making music. Even something as normal as eating French toast and fruit with him for breakfast is like a luxury.
        It's days like today that he thanks the heavens that he has you. When he's busy filming and singing and doing all the things that famous people do, he thinks of you waiting for him at home. You're his motivation, his happiness, the reason he smiles. And for you it's the same way. He loves you and you love him and on days like today, it's as if the stars have aligned and the earth has been set perfectly in every manner of every way.
        You get up and head over to the sink to wash the dishes. As you turn on the water, he comes up behind you and slips his arms around your waist, holding you to him and resting his cheek atop your head. You reach out and turn off the water before leaning back into his embrace.
        "Forget about the dishes, okay? Let's just relax," he says, turning you around and quite literally sweeping you off your feet, causing you to squeal. He carries you back to the bedroom and sets you carefully on the bed like a porcelain doll before flopping down next to you and pulling you into the curve of his body to which you fit perfectly like spoons. 
        "Are we just going to be lazy all day?" You ask it with a teasing smile, knowing that neither of you cared what you did as long as you were together. 
        "Why? Is there something you want to do?" You roll over in his arms and he shifts slightly so that you have enough room before he rests one huge hand on your lower back. 
        You smile and brush a finger over his lips. "Yeah, actually. I really really want to kiss you right now." And with that, you lean in and plant a sweet kiss on his lips. It tastes of syrup and strawberries and coffee and love. He gives you the most endearing smile in the world and kisses you back, making your heart flutter and head spin and limbs go weak. And he pulls you over so that you're on top of him, arms on either side of his head to push yourself up. He says nothing as he simply looks at you, the faintest trace of a smile on his face. Brushing some hairs out of your face, he kisses you again and again.
        "My baobei," he says against your lips. "I love you."
        You take his hand and lace your fingers with his as you kiss back. "I love you too."