Luhan

Waking Up With Exo

     In the moments that slowly bring you from sleep to consciousness, you find peace. 

    Sight. Your eyes open and you see his face, radiant like the sun as he smiles, hair ruffled from sleep though he still looks as handsome as ever.

    “Good morning,” he says in that voice that you love so much, still a little husky and rough from sleep.

    “Good morning,” you whisper as he presses his lips to your forehead. “When did you get back?”

    “Just a few hours ago. Our flight was delayed,” he says and just when you're about to tell him how worried you’ve been, he makes your words stop short with a gentle kiss. “I missed you.”

    “That’s supposed to be my line,” you pout as you wrap your arms around him and press your face into his chest.

    Smell. You breathe in the scent of his cologne, mingling with the faint lingering scent of clean sheets- fresh and a little sweet. And he smiles as he buries his nose in your hair, inhaling the familiar smell of your honeysuckle shampoo, the one you said you could probably never live without.

    “Do you have work today?” he asks, and you shake your head. “Let’s stay in bed, then.” He doesn’t say why, but you know as he holds you closer that it’s because he hasn’t held you like this in a while, relaxed with nothing to worry about, not a single care in the world. 

    Touch. You’re wrapped in warm blankets and the secure embrace of the one you love the most and you’re happy, so happy. There’s a warmth that he gives off, a comforting, sweet warmth that you’ve missed- one that only comes from him. It fills your heart and you can’t explain the tears that begin to form in your eyes from the relief you feel just by being next to him. Too long, it’s been much too long since you’ve felt this. As if reading your feelings, Luhan begins to sing.

    Sound. You hear his voice, soft and soothing as he sings enchantingly and surrounds you in comfort. It glides over you and calms your restless heart, washing away all of your worries and loneliness, giving you a sense of peace that you can only ever feel when he’s around.

     And then he kisses you because he misses you, loves you and absolutely must let you know without speaking because even though Luhan’s a singer, he’s not all that great with finding the right words to say. And that’s okay. 

    Taste. He tastes like sweet chocolate melodies and familiar, warm spice like the tail-ends of cinnamon from a snickerdoodle cookie. It’s something you can’t get enough of because it means that he’s here, right next to you, so reassuring and strong when you’re weak. It makes up for the nights you’ve spent alone and the sadness and loneliness that fills you when he’s away. 

    It makes you feel like everything is right in the world and as he whispers sweet promises against your lips, you know that he’ll never let you go.