Chapter 6

The Nuisance That is Lee Hyukjae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekend was over in what felt like 10 seconds and it was now time to go back to school. Donghae arrived alone. He was supposed to meet up with Siwon like usual but his boyfriend hadn’t shown. Donghae tried to give him the benefit of the doubt; maybe he woke up late or went to an early prayer meeting. But time crept on and the early winter wind was cutting through his flimsy jacket. To say Donghae was annoyed would be saying the least, he hadn’t called or even sent a text message. He just left him waiting at the bus stop, battling the cold.

Donghae stormed into school with 10 minutes to spare. The first person he bumped into was Hyukjae who took one look at the brunette’s pale face and removed his own blazer. Gently placing it over Hae’s shivering frame he asked, “Why didn’t you wear a thicker jacket, or at least a hat and scarf?”

“T-This is the t-thickest o-one I have.” He managed to force out between his chattering teeth.

“Well not to worry. The school is heated so you should warm up in no time.” Hyukjae smiled softly to comfort the freezing younger, internally smiling wider when Donghae managed a small smile back.

Hyukjae accompanied him to his locker and he wasn’t surprised to see everyone staring at them. Hyukjae and Donghae had been sworn enemies since the start of the school year. Seeing them together and not arguing was a rare and unexpected site. However, since he had started hanging around Super Junior, Donghae had already noticed a change in the way he was approached by the other schoolboys. They smiled and greeted him politely, even parting when they noticed him approaching (and it wasn’t just because Sungmin scared them.) Donghae and Hyukjae entered their homeroom and greeted their joint ‘gang’.

“I see Hyukhae have finally reconciled.” Heechul cheered. Donghae raised an eyebrow at the name but didn’t protest. He found it cute. Wait…what?  Shaking his head, he sat next to Sungmin and accepted the small cuddle from his best friend.

Donghae looked around the room for Siwon and found him seated at the back with Kibum. He hadn’t even noticed Hae’s arrival yet as he was so engrossed in his conversation. Donghae left the warmth of Sungmin’s side to go and see Siwon. As he approached him, Donghae wondered what they could be talking about that Siwon found interesting to the point of him practically ignoring his own boyfriend.

When he was finally before them, they still took no notice of his presence, so Donghae had to loudly clear his throat to get their attention.

“Oh Donghae, when did you arrive?” Siwon smiled at him, an action that would have normally caused Hae’s breath to hitch in his throat, but not today. He was having none of it.

“Why didn’t you come today or at least tell me that you wouldn’t be coming?”

Siwon flushed as he looked down. He only now remembered that he was supposed to meet Donghae. Siwon scratched an imaginary itch on the back of his neck. “I arranged to come with Kibum today and kinda forgot to tell…” Siwon trailed off when he felt the glare of not just Donghae but everyone in the classroom. Donghae was everyone’s friend and they didn’t take to kindly to hearing him being mistreated.

Kibum, sensing the tense atmosphere, decided to speak up. “It’s my fault really. I didn’t know that Siwonnie was supposed to be meeting up with you and asked him to follow me to school. I’m really sorry.” Donghae couldn’t stay mad after Kibum’s sincere apology, so he glared at Siwon one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter