Christmas Special

The Nuisance That is Lee Hyukjae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MERRY CHRISTMAS

LAST CALL FOR FLIGHT 180. LAST CALL FOR FLIGHT 180.

“Aish,” Donghae grumbled as he speed-walked through the throngs of people in the airport, pulling his suitcase behind him with his right hand whilst trying to fix his scarf with the left. Somewhere behind him he could hear his husband telling him to ‘slow down’ and ‘wait for him’ but it went ignored. HELL NO was Hae about to slow down for him when it was his fault they were late! He swore to God that if they missed their flight, Hyuk was paying for new tickets. Who the hell seduces someone into a quickie when they have a flight to make at 9am?

Lee Hyukjae, that’s who.

Donghae scowled as he quickened his footsteps to a light jog. Airports during Christmas time were the worst and there was no way he was missing this flight. If he had to wave to Hyukkie from a plane whilst the other moped in the terminal, then so be it. Flights from Seoul to their destination took 15 hours’ minimum, and they kind of needed to be there yesterday.

A relieved smile graced Hae’s face as he saw a sign that read ‘TERMINAL C’ in big black letters. He allowed himself to relax. He had made it.

“Lee Donghae?” The ticket agent smiled at him, as he nodded, handing over his passport and ticket. The small woman, dressed in a smart navy blue blazer and pencil skirt, glanced over his ticket, returning it to him with another of her practiced pleasant smiles. “You’re just in time, Mr Lee, however… wasn’t there another Mr Lee supposed to be with you?”

Hae flushed slightly, looking up to feign innocence. “Oh yeah, I wonder where he might be.”

“WAIT FOR ME!” The two turned to see a mop of silver hair, darting between the crowd. Whilst the woman looked surprised, Hae barely managed a smile at the fact that his husband had managed to catch up. He was still mad. “Lee Hyukjae,” he panted, doubling over as he tried to catch his breath after handing over his ticket and passport.

“I see everything’s in order, please enjoy your flight Mr Lee” she bowed to Donghae, “Mr Lee.” She bowed to Hyukjae. The two thanking her before boarding the plane. 

Hyukjae placed their luggage in the overhead before sitting next to Hae with a deep sigh. The tension finally leaving his body as they were safely on the plane. “It’s a good thing we made it in time, huh babe?” Hyuk turned to his husband to find the other staring out the window, with his back turned to him and noise cancelling earphones over his ears. Hyuk looked down, his lips pursing into a thin line as he thought, maybe he’s mad at me. “Babe…” he tried, reaching out a hand to touch the brunette’s shoulder, only to have it jerked away from him with a growl.

His hand shot back into his lap and his bottom lip jutted out into a pout.

It was safe to say that Donghae was mad.  

 

Hae wasn’t sure how much time had passed before he finally stopped throwing a tantrum, but when his eyes left the window they fell on his sleeping husband, a small smile gracing his lips at the sight. Hyukjae was so cute when he wasn’t speaking and Hae felt a little guilty at having given him the cold shoulder earlier. Fifteen hours was too long to have to pretend to be mad at him, and in all honesty, it’s not like Hae had said no. He would make it up to him when he woke up, Hae decided.

He asked the flight attendant for a blanket and wrapped Hyukjae in it snuggly, then placed a soft kiss to the sleeping man’s forehead. “Sleep well.” Donghae leaned back, sticking his tongue out childishly at the older lady in the aisle opposite who had grimaced.

 

Hyuk stretched with a yawn as they stepped out of the airport terminal. Somehow the silver head had managed to sleep through the entire flight! Actually, it wasn’t that surprising when Hae thought about it. He’d seen the elder sleep through lessons all day when they’d been in school together, so sleeping through a fifteen-hour flight whilst he left his husband to entertain himself wasn’t that much of a stretch.

The brunette took his husband’s proffered gloved hand in his own as they looked around for a sign with their names on it.

“Over there!” Hyuk pointed, dragging Donghae towards a young man in a black suit holding a placard with ‘MR LEE X2’ written on it. Hyukjae was so happy they had a driver to take them to their destination, he’s not sure what he would do if he had to ride passenger with Donghae at the wheel in an unknown country.

“Welcome to Switzerland.” The driver greeted, smoothing back his brown hair with a free hand.

“Thank you,” the couple beamed back, and then helped the driver load their luggage into the car before setting off.

Both men looked delighted as the black car, drove through the streets of Zürich. The buildings and trees were topped with fresh snow and the city seemed to be the embodiment of Christmas spirit as both citizens and tourists alike wandered around wrapped in woolly clothes and bright smiles. It was a magical site, and Donghae couldn’t help taking out his camera to snap a couple pictures as Hyuk watched him with a fond smile. Even when they were on holiday, Hae couldn’t stop himself from bringing his camera with him. It wasn’t even for his job (he worked as a photographer for different real life magazines) he just liked to capture fond memories.

 

Soon the car pulled into a drive. They had finally reached their destination. When they exited the car, their luggage was already waiting for them by the steps. The couple thanked the driver before turning towards the house, both unable to stop their eyes from rolling. Stood in front of the door was none other than Kim Heechul. The man had cut his long hair short since the last time they’d seen him at Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s wedding, but it was still black. Nestled into his black hair was a red and green elf hat which matched the stripped jumper he was wearing. His face wore a brilliant grin as he threw his arms wide open.

“Welcome to my Christmas extravaganza!”

Already, from when the car had pulled into Heechul’s estate, they could see that the eldest had gone all out. On his front lawn sat a Santa’s grotto, decked out in Christmas lights and life sized reindeer and elves. There were also giant candy canes littered about the place and presents.

“Did you really have to do all of this?” Hyukjae frowned.

“Of course,” was Heechul’s immediate reply. “It’s been five years since I last hosted the Christmas get-together, I have to remind everyone who’s king of Christmas, that, and Yesung and Ryeowook brought the kid. Of course I, her favourite uncle, couldn’t let her down.”

Donghae scoffed, patting the elder on the shoulder as he walked past Chul, “Everyone knows I’m her favourite.”

Heechul looked scandalised as he shut the door behind the couple. He instructed them to leave their stuff by the stairs and guided them to the parlour where everyone was waiting. They didn’t need Heechul’s help to get there, the noise was deafening from when they’d entered the house, and it only got louder when they walked into the parlour.

The whole crew were there. Kibum, Sungmin and Ryeowook were on the floor playing with Naeun whilst Kyuhyun and Yesung battled each other on whatever video game they were currently addicted to. Siwon was sat beside the fire, reading a newspaper. All of them were wearing hideously cliché Christmas jumpers, and the couple realised with dejection, that that was soon to be them. Heechul must gave forced them because no one would wear those things willingly. Siwon’s one lit up for christsake.

“Uncle Donghae!” Naeun yelled, rushing over to the brunette and squealing when she was picked up in his arms and spun around.

“Hello, NaNa,” he beamed, finding time to stick out his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter