Chapter 14

The Nuisance That is Lee Hyukjae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

....JJANG. A double update. Like a proper double update. If you haven't read the previous chapter please go back because there's a major spoiler up ahead. >_<

 

 

 

“You know, it’s very hard for me to concentrate with you sitting on my lap.” Kyu grumbled.

“Is it?” Minnie replied, in a sickly innocent voice. “I would hate to make you lose the tournament, but I’m soooo comfortable.” He wriggled around in his lap, knowing what effect this would have.

Kyuhyun growled softly, before giving the elder male what he knew he wanted…a kiss, although he still kept his eyes on the screen.

 “Ergh.” Donghae faked a gagging noise as he rolled onto his stomach and buried his face in one of Hyuk’s pillows, so he didn’t have to watch the sickening scene.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun had been dating for two months and whilst Donghae was happy for his best friend, he couldn’t help feeling jealous. It wasn’t his fault. He was surrounded daily by couples: Sungmin and Kyuhyun, Siwon and Kibum, Yesung and Ryeowook. Even Heechul was dating that university student, Hangeng, whom Hae still hadn’t met. Suspicious, yes, but he took the elder’s word for it.

Things with Hyukjae had reached a completely platonic level. Two months ago he was sure that the blonde boy liked him, but now he wasn’t so sure. He knew that when they became friends he had been in a relationship and then soon after left said relationship, so it was understandable if he waited a couple weeks before approaching him, but it has been 2 months. TWO MONTHS.

To make matters even worse, they had become impossibly close during those two months. The hours after school were spent at Hyukjae’s house; he had met Hyuk’s parents countless times now and had dinner with them quite a few times. Hyuk had been to his own home repeatedly and even met his mother. They had bought each other gifts for Christmas and their two families had spent Boxing day together, celebrating the fact that the two boys were ‘just friends’, even if both their parents thought otherwise.

Yet, he still felt uncomfortable and that was for the sheer fact that Hyuk made his heart beat faster.

Hae had come to terms with his feelings and Hyuk had seemed so sure of them, but he still hadn’t made a move and Donghae was beginning to feel like old goods. ‘Maybe he doesn’t want me ‘cause Siwon had me first’, despite being a , thoughts like that regularly crossed his mind.

Donghae finally lifted his head to get some air into his lungs and Hyuk’s scent out of it. But of course it was impossible; it was his room for Christ sakes.

Huffing a sigh of frustration, he turned to the window. Big mistake. He had forgotten that Hyuk was sat there and as soon as he turned Hyuk caught his eye, sending him Donghae’s favourite gummy smile. Outwardly he was smiling in return, but inwardly he was groaning. He thought he finally knew what Hyuk felt like before, wanting something so close to you but it still being out of reach.

 

 

It was Wednesday lunch time and Hyuk found himself being dragged to an abandoned classroom.

“Oww,” he whined. “You’re grabbing my arm too tight, Kyu let go.” He pouted at the boy who was currently blocking the doorway.

Kyuhyun recoiled at the elder boy’s un-natural aegyo. “For the sake of all that is good and right with the world, please never do that again. Never.”

Hyuk rolled h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter