Bonus Chap 1

The Nuisance That is Lee Hyukjae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The slightest of warnings because Eunhyuk is perpetually

Donghae followed nervously as Hyukjae pulled him down the darkened hallway lined with blue lockers. When Hyukjae had told him to dress nicely because they were going ‘out’, their old school definitely wasn’t what he had expected ‘out’ to mean and Donghae found that his face was crumpling into a scowl as they traversed the empty school, their footsteps echoing. Was this some kind of elaborate prank? Donghae considered it for a moment and no, it definitely wasn’t April 1st so his boyfriend better have a bloody good reason for dragging him there when he could have been doing literally anything else.

“Hyukjae, what are we doing here?” He finally asked.

“Sssshhhh.” Hyukjae said without turning around.

Hold up. Hae raised an amused eyebrow. “Did you just shush me? I don’t know who you think you’re shushing-”

“Donghae please,” Hyuk interrupted. “we’re trespassing so can we do it quietly please?”

Is he being serious? Hae couldn’t believe it. He was being scolded for asking why they were partaking in illegal activities. Sometimes he wondered how intelligent his boyfriend really was. All Hae knew was that he certainly wasn’t about to get a criminal record because Hyukjae felt like reliving his secondary school days. “Or we could, you know, go home.”

Hyukjae sighed, frowning slightly at his boyfriend. “Would it make you feel better if I told you that Leeteuk gave me the keys and we really could have just come through the front door.”

Donghae stopped. Resisting when his boyfriend of two years tugged on his hand.

“Are you telling me that I just climbed through a first floor window in my favourite jeans and got a scuff mark on my new Jordans for no reason?”

Hyuk gulped. His throat had suddenly become very dry and he knew that he had to pick his next words carefully, his life might depend on it. “Erm… I feel like ‘no’ is the correct answer but that would be lying so…”

“I’m going to kill you.”

Hyuk smiled. His bright and gummy smile that he knew Hae loved. “Could you do me a favour babe and wait a couple hours.” Good job, Hyukkie, he praised himself, throwing in the ‘babe’ for extra effect.

Whilst Hyukjae was praising himself, Donghae was deep in thought. I could listen to him and get into whatever trouble he is leading us to or I could…not. Hae was leaning towards not but that smile. And he called him babe. Hyukjae was playing dirty and it wasn’t fair. With a sigh and a roll of the eyes to play off how much he was affected by the dirty tactics, Donghae agreed to give his boyfriend the benefit of the doubt.  

Hyukjae smiled again, but this time it was genuine. 

 

They continued to tour the school, hand in hand, and Donghae must admit he was starting to feel nostalgic. They passed a set of lockers on the second floor and Hae let out a bark of laughter that startled Hyuk.

“What? What is it?” He asked, confused as to why the other suddenly needed the help of the lockers to hold him up as he literally cried with laughter.

“Do you not remember what happened here?”

“No.” Hyuk frowned. Should he?

“Of course you don’t remember,” Hae smirked. “Men like to forget things that hurt their pride.”

“Could you stop speaking in riddles and just tell me?”

“How ‘bout I show you.”

Before Hyukjae had a chance to register what his boyfriend had said, he was slammed against the locker, Hae’s hands curled tightly in his collar as he leaned in closer to say, “What do you think you’re doing?”

Hyuk smiled. Sudden flashes of fists and bruises popping into his mind. Of course! How could he forget their first fight? With a smirk, Hyuk flipped their position so Hae’s back now pressed against the cold locker, “I don’t like it when you kiss other guys.”

“You don’t have to worry then,” Hae smiled. “My lips are only for you.” He giggled, before quickly pecking the blonde whose eyes widened in surprise.

“Yah, that’s not part of the script.” Hyuk complained, hoping to hide how much his cheeks had heated up because of the younger’s innocent kiss. “You’re supposed to say ‘you don’t care what I like’ and then kick me.”

Donghae bit his lip to stifle his laughter, after the two and a half years they had known each other for, did he really believe he could hide his true feelings from him? “I didn’t know you liked to be that rough, do I need to kink shame you in the middle of our school?”

“Are you trying to seduce me?” Hyuk wasn’t complaining though. He’d be lying if he said that the thought of making the beast with two backs with Donghae at school wasn’t extremely appealing to him. Unable to control his urges, Hyuk growled in his throat, pressing the brunette further into the lockers with his own body.

“Off.”

Hyuk made a whining sound like a little child who’d just had their favourite TV program turned over. “Why?”

“You brought me here for a reason and if it was just to do this then you’re not gonna like what I do with your crown jewels.” His smile was innocent but his words were not.

Hyuk shivered and in a breath was at the opposite side of the hallway with his precious parts protected. “Sungmin has had too much of an influence on you,” he pouted. 

 

Reluctantly (in Hyuk’s mind) they left the lockers, and Hae was surprised to find that their final destination was the school gym. The school gym that looked like it was a couple minutes away from hosting a prom.

“Ta-dah!” Hyuk exclaimed as he spread his arms wide showcasing his masterpiece.

Somehow, and Hae really wasn’t sure how because when the heck would he have found the time to do all of this, but somehow Hyukjae had managed to recreate their first date in the school gym. From the ceiling to the walls, everywhere was covered in pretty fairy-lights. The path from the door to the table in the centre was lined by candles and the rest of the floor was covered in rose petals. The white table cloth looked like it was glowing in the flickering candle lights and Hae could see the gold napkins and vase of roses from where he was stood. It was almost identical, except for the absence of blue roses, but of course they were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter