Kaleidoscope

Carousel: Part 2 (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: So, Gary's song has been playing in a lot of stores in Korea this past week! Super happy, but I also hope that he gets his copyrights money... he deserves it :( Anyway... Ready for a starter chapter that will lead the storyline of the upcoming chapters?

Gary and Jihyo went out for dinner. At about 8, they were done eating.

“Should we go to the mart?” He asked her when they were about to get into their car. Jihyo looked at him and entered the car, sitting on the passenger seat. Gary got in and put his seatbelt on. He then turned to look at her. She nodded and smiled, tucking her upper lip under her lower lip. He chuckled at her reaction.

Once they got to the mart, they started picking things to buy. On the top of Gary’s list were strawberries, milk, and yogurt. Mostly for Jihyo, but he’d diligently prepare them in the morning for her. She lurked behind him, looking at what he was buying and smiled.

“Are you going to make them for me everyday?” She asked, her voice bright. Gary just looked at her coolly. He then smiled and lifted his head up and down, motioning a yes. She chuckled and wrapped an arm around his back.

Jihyo, on the other hand, was looking for other things. She got some snacks for when guests come, and also some of Gary’s favorite things to munch on. Other than that, she wasn’t really looking for anything. Gary looked over to see what she was holding and took it from her, pushing the trolley.

“Are you done?” Gary asked, Jihyo nodded. They went over to the cashier, paying for what they picked out.

“You two look really good together, I hope everything’s going well for the two of you.” She said as she handed them the grocery bags. “I was glad when I heard you two were married. It was so sudden, but I’m sure everyone was happy for you!” She added.

“Ah, ne…” Jihyo said, not knowing what else to say. She was flustered from the comment. “Kamsahamnida.” She said, when she processed what she should’ve said. Gary took the grocery bags and Jihyo held his wallet for him. He walked alongside her. Gary and Jihyo lightly bowed and excused themselves.

“Ne, ne… Annyeonghigaseyo.” The cashier called out after the two. They left and got into their car. Gary started driving, watching the road intently as Jihyo told him so many times that he was a bad driver. She the radio, and his new song was playing, bringing a smile to her face. She loved it in a different way than she loved his other songs. This song was about him, about how he became who he is. How he unknowingly discovered his talent. She looked over to him, just watching his profile. She remembered how serious his face was when he recorded the song, making him look way more attractive according to her standards. He had that same expression now. His eyes focused, determined like he had a goal.

“Muohae?” Gary said lightly, he could see her watching him from the corner of his eyes. He looked at her for a brief second, a smile on his face, and faced the front again.

“Eo! Oppa! Jeogeobwa!” She said, pointing at the brightly lit apartment as they passed it. Gary watched where she was pointing at.

“Should we move again?” He joked, earning a laugh from Jihyo. They continued the rest of the journey talking about things ranging from their day to their friend’s breakup. They arrived back home a little later. They parked their car and took out the grocery. Jihyo sorted their grocery where they belonged.

“I’m going to take a shower soon, do you want me to prepare you anything before I do?” She asked Gary.

“You.” Gary said seriously before entering their bedroom.

“Eish jinjja.” Jihyo muttered, laughing. Jihyo followed him into their room and set out her sleepwear. “I’ll go shower then.” Jihyo said, taking her towel with her.

“Kat-i syawohae…” Gary said, joking at that hour.

“Shirheo.” She said, playing cool and went away to clean herself. He laughed at her reaction and turned the TV on while waiting for her. He saw her phone by the bedside table, and there were 7 missed calls, all from the same number. He was confused. He thought it might be one of the staffs, but why didn’t she save their number? Whilst Jihyo was drying herself, her phone rang again.

“Mongji-ya…” Gary called out to her. She opened the door, still clothed in only her towel. She looked at him with a confused face. “Your phone’s ringing.” He told her. She then chuckled and went back inside, not taking it s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter