Too Much Cheese

Carousel: Part 2 (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Back with... a story around the pregnancy, I guess? Enjoy.

Jihyo woke up the next morning in an unfamiliar place, but the same familiar feeling that’s been waking her up the past couple of weeks. She bolted up from the queen-sized bed and rushed toward the bathroom as silently as she could. Gary felt her leave and groaned, he knew the drill too well by then. He didn’t really know the exact reason he groaned; was it because he had to wake up earlier than planned or was it because he hated seeing her woken up that way? He got up and went after her.

“I’m sorry I can’t really help.” He said, kneeling next to her by the toilet, holding her hair back so she didn’t have to do it herself while puking her guts out. With his free hand, he rubbed her back. She saw him from the corner of her eyes and smiled gently.

“I tried not to wake you up. I should do a better job at that.” She said instead. “And you should stop apologizing because this is going to happen for a while.” She joked, smiling at him. She got up and brushed her teeth, ridding the aftertaste of whatever that was. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed the top of her head. She stayed in his arms, enjoying the moment. “That can’t be heard from outside…right?” She asked him, not wanting to wake the others up. She didn’t want to be that guest that wakes up the host, especially when it was her in-laws.

“They won’t hear a thing.” Gary assured her, shrugging it off at the same time. Jihyo then went back to sit on the edge of the bed, checking her phone now. Gary lied back on the bed, doing the same for a quick while. Jihyo watched him move around the bed and she chuckled, slipping back under the covers. She then returned to checking her phone. He put his phone away, snuggling next to her. He then kissed her side, earning a quick glance from her. Finding it funny, he continued to leave her kisses, inching closer and closer to her inner thigh.

“What are you doing, oppa?” She asked, almost laughing. He smirked and inched upwards, sending a shiver down her spine. “We’re in your brother’s house.” She told him with a straight face.

“So?” He asked her, smiling innocently like he wasn’t trying to get her in an awkward place. She looked at him in the eye, but his innocence prevailed. “We locked our door.” He reminded her. She shook her head in disbelief, but chuckled at the same time. A light knock echoed from the door inside the room. She looked at him and smirked.

“I told you!” She said, sticking her tongue out. He sighed as a sign of defeat. He stood up and answered the door. His nephew stood in front of their door with his hands glued to the doorknob.

“Chakeun appa, appa says you should go out and eat breakfast. Chakeun eomma too.” He said and grinned at his uncle, unaware of what he had interrupted. Gary smiled at the little boy, his earlier intentions pushed aside for the good will of his nephew. He could see his brother and parents just fine from where he stood, but they must’ve sent the boy to wake them up. Gary rustled the boy’s hair.

“Arasseo, I’ll come now.” Gary told his nephew, following behind. He looked back into the room and told Jihyo to come. She smiled at the scene that took place before her. She could see it coming for them. She pushed her phone away and joined the rest of the family on the dining table.

“How are you this morning?” His father asked her as she helped serve breakfast. “Any morning sickness?” He added to clarify.

“Not as bad as the other days.” She answered with a smile. He smiled back at her. As she sat next to him, he the back of her head gently while talking away, more of a habit than trying to show her extra affection. She smiled though she missed her dad as well.

“Hyungsu-nim eodiya?” Gary asked his brother.

“She had to go early for her sister’s baby shower.” His brother said, earning wide-eyed glances from the rest. “Oh, I asked if I should come with but she said I can use him as an excuse.” His brother grinned while motioning the little boy who continued to enjoy his breakfast. Jihyo felt guilty that he had to stay back for them. “Don’t worry about it, they don’t need men over there anyway.” He said to lighten up the mood.

“Hyung, talking about baby showers… Are you not going to give him a sibling?” Gary asked his brother, causing him to choke subtly. Jihyo held back her laugh, he was obviously not anticipating the question. Jihyo called out to their nephew.

“Do you want a dongsaeng?” She asked him. He nodded with a smile on his face. His da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter