2002

Carousel: Part 2 (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: In honor of 2002... 

Gary’s phone rang early in the morning, but it didn’t wake him up. His arms stayed wrapped around Jihyo as she reached for the ringing phone. She chuckled at the sight of Gary trying to ignore her moves. Jihyo saw the caller ID, seeing Jaesuk’s name on the screen so she answered the call.

“Yeoboseyo?” She said in a low voice.

“Eo, Jihyo-ya…” Jaesuk said on the other side. “Is Gary there?” He asked. Jihyo looked at Gary, his eyes shut tight. Jihyo knew he was awake but was trying to fall asleep again. Jihyo laughed. “He’s still asleep isn’t he?” Jaesuk asked again, laughing along.

“Aniya, oppa. Just wait a while.” Jihyo said to Jaesuk. She tapped on Gary’s chest. She held the phone away for a while. “Oppa… Wake up. Jaesuk oppa’s calling.” Jihyo said. Gary opened his eyes and leaned in for a brief kiss and reached for the phone, smiling at Jihyo. She chuckled,

“Ne, hyung?” He answered. “Ah… Geuraeyo hyung?” Gary said looking at Jihyo. He laughed and scratched his head. Jihyo knew Jaesuk must’ve asked him for a favor. She also knew that the favor was something Gary was not confident in. He was looking at her, she knew it must not be that bad, he must’ve been afraid that he’d disappoint Jaesuk.

The conversation went on for a while, so Jihyo went up and into the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and washed her face. Gary ended the call and peeked into the bathroom. Jihyo was still washing her face. He sat on the toilet, and Jihyo turned to look at him, surprised.

“Wae, oppa?” She asked him. “And move, I need to use the toilet.” Jihyo told him, laughing. Gary stood up and took his toothbrush, starting to brush his teeth.

“Jaesuk hyung asked me if I can come on Happy Together.” He said while brushing his teeth, looking at Jihyo.

“That’s an honor, oppa.” She said, then she looked at him. He looked like he was still in doubt. Jihyo went behind him and gave him a hug. “You said yes, didn’t you?” She asked him and he nodded. She smiled at him, a gentle smile she flashed him every once in a while. “You’re afraid you wouldn’t be able to do well?” She asked him. Gary nodded.

“I’m not built for talk shows.” Gary said.

“Oppa…” Jihyo said. She rested her hands around his shoulder. “Jaesuk oppa called you because he trusts you. He won’t call you if he thinks you’re no fun. He sees something in you oppa.” Jihyo reassured him. “Besides, you’re doing well these days.”  She laughed, patted his back, and went out. She knew by then that Gary was already slowly taking his mind off of it. Everything will be ok, and Jaesuk will help him if he was stuck anyway. He washed his mouth and followed Jihyo outside.

“Mongjiya…” Gary whined while chuckling. Jihyo looked at him and chuckled. “How could you leave me in doubt like that?” He laughed and sat on their dining table.

“You were already fine.” She laughed at him, taking out some toast and spreads. She put them in front of Gary. He looked at her with a pout. “Your lip curled up a bit earlier, oppa.” Jihyo said. Gary looked down, taking a slice of toast and started spreading strawberry spread over it, took another toast and put it in front of Jihyo. She chuckled.

“How can you know me so well?” He looked at her, puzzled.

“You’re the easiest person to read.” Jihyo told him.

All efforts were two-sided. All perfect love is two-sided. And so is the way with these two. Jihyo was the best at reading Gary, she knew him inside and out. But she wouldn’t be able to do that unless Gary fully let his guards down around her. And that was what he did.

She then took the toast he made for her and started munching on it. “Oppa…” She said suddenly, seeming to have been thinking for a while. Gary looked at her as he made another toast for himself. “Let’s go on a vacation, just you and me. After you’re free, of course.” She said. He loved hearing her excitement, but felt sorry that she had to add the last part. The two had been busy with work. Lately, whenever they were out, it had always been for work. It had been a while since they went out to enjoy themselves. And soon, they won’t have time to be alone anymore. He felt worse that he was busying himself with all his work, but he knew she understood. The two had been doing this even before they started seeing each other.

“Should we?” He masked his guilt. “Where do you want to go?” He asked her.

“Anywhere we can be alone.” She told him.

“What are you planning to do?” He said in a playful tone. She rolled her eyes and continued eating, ignoring Gary. He laughed at her reaction and seriously thought about it.

“It can wait, though, oppa…” Jihyo said. “Running Man will continue anyway, there will still be fan meetings here and there, you will be flying a lot. And then your album will be released soon. You’d be promoting it everywhere.” Jihyo said. “I don’t want you to be sick. Just do all those things first, and our vacation can wait.” Jihyo said, smiling, looking down at her food again as if she hadn’t suggested anything.

Gary looked at her and smiled. He knew she was her priority. Above all else, he wanted to have some alone time with her.

After their breakfast, Jihyo stood up to wash their dishes while Gary stayed on his chair, checking his phone for something. He then stood up and went to their room. Jihyo pursed her lips together when he went away, not knowing what was going on. He usually sticks around while she was doing the dishes. She could hear the rustling sounds he made in their room, but went back to washing the dishes. She washed her hands afterwards, drying them wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter