0815

Carousel: Part 2 (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Updating both stories for Jihyo's birthday. Enjoy...

Jihyo came back home a little earlier that day, and she saw Gary, sitting on the corner of their bed, the happy glint in his eyes that used to be there was gone. All she saw in him was loneliness.

“You’re here.” Jihyo said, surprised. They’ve went on for days without talking after the brief conversation on the phone. He looked up at her, she could still see his tenderness. The same one that she had been missing for a little too long. He then stared at the floor again. “Oppa, we can work this out.” She said. She kneeled in front of him, begging him to see her, to listen. Tears were forming in both their eyes. Jihyo knew she was wrong, but wouldn’t he do the same thing if he was the one in that situation? “What do you want me to say, oppa? What do I have to do to make you come back?” She said. The sight of her begging him like that make his heart break into pieces.

“Don’t do that, Jihyo…” His voice was cold. He didn’t call him Mongji, which worried her.

“Oppa, it’s been a while. We should at least talk about it.” She told him. And she was right. They were both hurting, but if they don’t talk about it, it’ll do them no good. They’d just drift further apart. Gary took a deep breath.

“You want to talk about it?” Gary said, looking at her. “Ok, let’s talk about it.” She was surprised. “I’m your husband. We have our own little family. Why did you have to make a gap between us? Everyday, you’re off taking care of another man while I stay home, trying to figure out what’s going on with you. Then when I’m out, you decided to bring your ex-boyfriend and his baby into our home. This is our space, Jihyo. Ours.” He said. She understood why he was upset, he had the right to, but she had to say what she had to say. She stood up.

“Oppa… I’m not taking care of another man. I’m helping an old friend who is going through a problem. I know if you were in my position, you’d do the same.” Jihyo said. She had to keep her head cool, being the rational one in this situation in attempt to fix this misunderstanding. “And they were here because he was sorting things out with the baby’s mom. He said he could drop the baby here instead of having me drive to his house that’s far away. He was just there to pick his baby up.” She said gently. She was really cautious around him then, worried that he’d misunderstand. He stole a glance, wanting to see her face for a little while. Then he saw her face, and he knew that expression. It was the one she always had on when she is in pain. Suddenly, he feel worried. Jihyo, too, knew something wasn’t right. Gary scanned her body immediately, and was horrified to see the blood dripping down her legs. She followed his gaze and tears welled up in her eyes.

“We have to get you to the hospital now.” He said. His eyes were red, he couldn’t help but think that it was partly his fault. Jihyo was too shocked to even say anything, she stayed silent, her gaze empty.

They got to the hospital shortly after. Gary waited in the waiting room alone, pacing back and forth. Jihyo was terrified, how could she not? She started to think of all the possible outcomes, but only negative ones pop in her mind. After being wheeled out to the room, she was in a deep sleep. Gary looked at her, knowing how worried she must’ve been. He could still read her worry when she was asleep, and he didn’t like it. He turned to the doctor, waiting for him to receive the news. Gary’s heart pounded hard, he needed to know what was going on.

“The baby’s fine.” The doctor said, and only then can Gary start breathing again. He let out the deep breath he had been holding, closing his eyes in gratitude for a moment. “But she shouldn’t be under too much stress. You were lucky that they’re both strong.” The doctor said, and left Gary and Jihyo alone.

Gary took a seat next to Jihyo, pulling up the chair next to the bed. He looked at her and the tears that had been contained spilled over. He held her hand, caressing her head with his other hand.

“I’m so, so sorry.” He said, talking to the sleeping figure. He watched her still figure, and as if her subconscious was listening, her hand moved and hovered over her stomach, resting on top of it. Gary saw it and pursed his lips together, letting the guilt take over him for even be a part of the cause of her stress. Then he heard a knock on the door, he turned to look at the origin of the sound. His mom was standing there with a motherly expression on her face. He opened the door for her and once she entered, he knelt down in front of his mom with tear-filled eyes. His mom’s eyes started to water too. “I did bad, eomma. Jal mothaesseo. Naega jal mothaesseo.” He said. Calmly, holding back her tears, she held Gary and calmed him down. He soothed him.

“It’s going to be ok.” She said. “She’s fine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter