Diamond Dust

Diamond Dust

Chapter 6

 

As the promotion day came snow was falling everywhere. Yuri looked all around her, smiling seeing that this was the first time she had seen such things. She bend down and started writing and drawing stuff in the snow.

 

“Yuri, you are here to work, not play around.” Luhan said, from behind her.

 

“Oh, okay.” Yuri said, getting up. She ran to get the flyers and went around the streets, handing them out to random people. People were coming in now but mostly, it was only males. Luhan went over to Yuri to put his arms around her.

 

“How is it going, honey?” He asked.

 

“Its fine. Look. There’s a lot of people now.” She said, smiling. Guys around her age were staring at her in a daze, “Okay. Enough of this, Yuri.” Luhan said, pulling her away, not liking it since he knows that the reason why all those guys came was just to gaze at his beautiful, young wife.

 

“But...” Yuri started, but he interrupted her by taking her over to the chair, making her smiled.

 

“Stay here okay? Don’t wonder around.” He warned her, pointing at her like a 5-year-old.

 

“But I’m here to help, not sit around. Besides, I want to help.” Yuri said, getting up. She went to hand out more flyers again, ignoring Luhan.

 

The product promotion was a success.

 

“That was great but I’m so tired now.” One of the advisor said. Kwangsun came back with cups of coffee and food for everyone.

 

“I bought food and drinks for everyone.” He said, placing it down on the table. Everyone got up from where they were sitting and to gather some refreshment. Yuri wanted to get some too, but everyone was pushing and shoving so she fell backwards but luckily, Luhan caught her in time.

 

“Be careful.” He said to her softly.

 

“Okay. Thanks.” She said, smiling before she went to grab something for herself while Luhan continued to looked with a smiled on his oval-shaped face but he also felt sad inside. She was acting like a stranger towards him. Whenever he hugged her, she wouldn't do anything but smile and walked away. When he helped her just now, she didn’t blush or anything.

 

“What are you doing?” Kwangsun asked, sipping his coffee, “Aren’t you hungry?”

 

“Not really.” Luhan said, still looking at Yuri who was sitting all by herself while eating happily, talking to her mickey mouse. Kwangsun looked up at Luhan before turning to stare at Yuri.

 

“Hyung, what’s your true feelings for her? I don’t understand you anymore. You said that I can take her away from you but then you started acting nice towards her the next day. You better tell me the truth now or I won't let you off so easy.”

 

“I don’t know. Maybe I do have feelings for her. Whenever she smiled at me, it makes me feel all warm inside. Whenever she cries, I just want to protect her. I adore her so much that I’m afraid I might hurt her. I’m scared to touch or be near her. What I did to her was to make her hate me so that she wouldn’t be so nice to me but she’s still so nice afterwards.” Luhan said guility.

 

“You idiot. Of course, you should feel bad.” Kwangsun said, before drinking his coffee again. Yuri got up from where she was sitting after she was finished eating and went to throw the trash away. She saw the snow on the grassy area and went to laid down on it.

 

“Yuri. What are you doing?” Luhan said, running towards her.

 

“Hmmm? Me?” She asked, pointing to herself.

 

“Yes you.” He said, smiling “What are you doing?”

 

“I’m making a snow angel.” She said, moving her arms and thick and long legs. He laughed down at her, making everybody stared at her weirdly.

 

“God Yuri. I love.” He suddenly stopped and realized what he was just about to say. He looked down at Yuri to see that she was still making her snow angel, making him sighed in relief. Yuri got up and stared at him while smiling.

 

“Do you want to make one, too?” She asked.

 

“Not really.” He said.

 

“Okay.” She said sadly. She bend down to grabbed some snow before making it into a ball.

 

“Yuri, I...” Luhan said, but was interrupted when she threw the snowball at him. She laughed, pointing at him, "You are so going to get it." He said, before grabbing some snow, throwing it at her. She grabbed some more and began to throw it at him again. Soon, a snowball fight started among the staffs.

 

“Ah!” Yuri screamed, covering herself as the snow hit her arms. Luhan picked her up from behind and lifted her up into the air, making her laughed.

 

“That was fun, Luhan Oppa.” She said, smiling up at him once he put her down. He down looked at her and smiled back. She pushed his hand away and ran towards Kwangsun. He continuted to looked after her, feeling sad and happy at the same time.

 

“Yuri, when will you love me?” Luhan whispered to himself.

 

Weeks past by and before everyone knew it, Christmas was here already. As Luhan went to work, Kwangsun and Yuri decorated the house.

 

“I want to put the star up.” Yuri said to Kwangsun.

 

“But it’s too high for you.”

 

“No, it’s not! I can do it!” She whined, pouting cutely.

 

“Okay. Fine.” Kwangsun said, handing the star to Yuri before she ran towards the Christmas tree.

 

“You are not crazy but sometimes, I think you are.” Kwangsun said, following her from behind.

 

“But I'm crazy.” She said, turning around to looked at him, “At times, I'm crazy but at other times, I’m not. There are two people living inside me, Kwangsun Oppa. One is the true me and one is the me that I have created to protect myself.”

 

“You have split personalities?”

 

“Yeah.” She said, smiling again, while turning to face the tree, putting the star on top, “Yay, I did it.” She said happily, jumping off the ladder that was leaning against the Christmas tree.

 

“Yuri!” Kwangsun yelled, frightened.

 

“I’m fine so relax.” She said, happily.

 

“You idiot!” He scolded.

 

“I'm sorry.” Yuri said, before going into the kitchen, “Okay, cookies time.” She said to herself, getting everything ready.

 

“That doesn’t look good.” Kwangsun said, looking down at the cookies Yuri had made.

 

“Can you try it?” Yuri asked, pouting.

 

“No thanks.” He said, backing away.

 

“Fine. Be that way. I will bring these up to Luhan.” She said, smiling while wrapping it up. She stuck her tongue out at Kwangsun and went to see Luhan in his studyroom.

 

“Come in.” Luhan said. Yuri came in, making him smiled.

 

“Hey. What’s up?” Luhan asked her.

 

“Nothing. I just came to give you this.” Yuri said, handing him the cookies.

 

“Ah, I see.” Luhan said, smiling "Thanks." He opened it up before he took one out to eat it.

 

“How is it?” Yuri asked.

 

“It’s...uh, edible.” Luhan said, swallowing the piece in his mouth, smiling.

 

“Really?” She asked happily, “That’s good then. Okay. I will leave you alone now so that you can work.” She said, getting ready to leave.

 

“Wait.” Luhan said, getting up from his chair. Yuri turned back around to look at him and smiled.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can you stay here with me for the day?” He asked shyly.

 

“Sure.” She said, smiling happily.

 

After Luhan finished all his work, they went out for a walked. While Luhan was walking, Yuri skipping on ahead childishily, making him smiled at her. She turned around to face him and began to walk backwards.

 

“Be careful.” He said worriedly.

 

“Okay.” She said, smiling. As they continued their walk, snow began to fall again, making everyone who was walking out that night, stop to stared the beautiful snowflakes falling from the sky. Yuri and Luhan also stop to stare at it before turning to stared at each other. Suddenly, he picked her up. Startled, she wrapped her arms around his neck while her legs was wrapped around his waist.

 

“Do you love me?” He asked, looking at her softly.

 

“Yes.” She said, smiling “Yes, I do I love you.”

 

“Good, because I love you, too.” He said, leaning in to kissed her deeply.

 

Most of the lovers on the street saw the same thing they did. Diamond dust. It is said that when snow begins to fall, it sparkles are like diamonds and when a girl and boy sees it, it means that they were meant for each other.

 

A/N: i got the falling snow which sparkles like diamonds idea from 'Love Rain' when Yoona and Geunsuk went to the snow and besides, since i made 'Not Meant To Be' in a sad ending, i decided to make this into a happy ending instead so i hope you guys enjoy it <3