Diamond Dust

Diamond Dust

Chapter 4

 

The next morning, Luhan, Yuri and Kwangsun all sat down together at the dining table, eating breakfast but quietly.

 

“Look at you Yul. You have rice on you.” Luhan said, brushing the rice away, making Yuri smiled up at him happily while Kwangsun just became angry. Why was he being so nice when he doesn’t even like her?

 

“Here, Yul. I got you something.” Yuri smiled at Luhan when he took out a gift bag.

 

“Thank you.” Yuri said, accepting the bag.

 

"Can I opened it now?" Seeing Luhan nod his head, she opened up the bag and took out a camel/black nanette lepore mesmerizing trench coat.

 

“It’s starting to get cold so you should wear it to keep yourself warm when you go out.”

 

“Go out?” Yuri asked, confused.

 

“Yeah. Since I have to work late today Kwangsun will take you out instead. I notice that you have been in this house since we got married so the least you should do is go out and see the world, right?” Luhan asked, smiling“Okay.” Yuri said, smiling back.

 

“Well, I have to go now so see you guys later.” Luhan said, standing up to leave for work.

 

Kwangsun turned to looked at Yuri once Luhan was gone to see that she was so happy.

 

Yuri got up from her chair quickly to tried on the coat.

 

“How does it look on me? Does it look pretty?” Yuri asked, spinning around for Kwangsun to see.

 

“Yes, very pretty.” Kwangsun answered, smiling.

 

“Okay, I'm ready so let's go out exploring.” Yuri said happily, pulling Kwangsun up from his chair.

 

“Hang on. Let me go change first.” Kwangsun said, chuckling while getting up.

 

Once Kwangsun got changed, he met Yuri downstairs in the living room so they can go out.

 

“Hey, Kwangsun Oppa. It’s almost Christmas, isn’t it?” Yuri asked, walking towards the front door.

 

“Yes. Why do you ask?” Kwangsun turned to looked at Yuri, confused to why she was asking.

 

“Because I want to buy something for Luhan.” Yuri said, stopping by the doorway, “Can I?” She asked, sticking her hands out to him. Kwangsun rolled his eyes before taking out his wallet and giving Yuri one of his credit cards, “Thank you.” Yuri said happily, before running off.

 

"Yuri, wait up!" Kwangsun shouted, chasing after Yuri while smiling.

 

Kwangsun and Yuri stopped at many stores but she didn't get anything.

 

“Yul. Have you decided what you want to get yet?”

 

“No. Is it better if I make it myself then buying something?”

 

“Of course it is. It’s more meaningful.”

 

“Okay then.” Yuri said, smiling “I will make him some Christmas cookies.” She said, going into the grocery store to buy the ingredients she needed.

 

“Let’s go somewhere else.” Yuri said, once she and Kwangsun was done shopping.

 

“Where?”

 

“I don’t know but I want to go see everything.”

 

“Fine.” Kwangsun said, giving up since he can never say no to Yuri when she argue so they went sightseeing.

 

“I know that we just barely got these so how should we sell this?” Luhan asked his advisor, who were sitting all around the table, looking at their new merchandise that they just barely received.

 

“We could advertise it in the streets or something. Letting the people on the street test it out for themselves to see if they like it or not.” One of the advisor stated his opinion.

 

“Yes, or we could have a little conference where people attend and we tell them about the use of our new product and used the audience.” Another one said.

 

“Hmmm. This product is targeting the ordinary citizens so let's advertise outside. Everybody will work in shifts so sign up for the shift you want.” Luhan said, gathering his files before standing up, “We will meet again, tomorrow to discuss the details so don’t be late. Meeting adjourned.” Luhan said, leaving the conference room. He went back to his office and sat down while looking out of the window to only see buildings everywhere.

 

“Come in.” Luhan said, hearing someone knocking on his door. His assistant, Park Jiyeon, came in and smiled at him sweetly before placing the cup of steaming coffee down.

 

“Hi.” Jiyeon said, hugging him.

 

“Hey.” Luhan said, smiling up at her. Before Jiyeon leaned in to kiss him, he stopped her, “Not today.” Luhan said, moving to grab his coffee.

 

“What’s wrong? You have been acting weird lately.” Jiyeon pouted, “It’s not because of your wife, is it?” He didn’t answer her but continue to looked over a file on his desk that Jiyeon bought in with the coffee, just to come up with something reasonable so that he doesn't hurt her.

 

“I’m married man now Jiyeon, and one of the best way to be a good husband to my wife is to stopped cheating." “But when you got married, you cheated on her so many times.”

 

“I know but I’m deciding to stop now.” Luhan said, sipping more of his coffee before pushing his glasses up.

 

“You have changed.”

 

“Everybody changes sooner or later.” Luhan said, looking up at her, “If that’s all, please see yourself out. I have work to do.” He said, looking back down at the file in front of him. Jiyeon glared at him before leaving angrily.