>> All I Want for Christmas is You

>> ER >>
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wrote a Christmas chapter but didn't finish it in time. Here it is, so let's get our Chirtsmasy spirit back and enjoy this ! Since it's been a long time, I'm spoiling you by revealing stuff in advance. I hope you got all the hints. I love you guys ! Thank you to put up with me, my mood swings and this story !

 

When Jongdae stepped out of the hospital, the night was already dark and the air sharp cold. He looked at the sky and an amazed smile flourished on his face as he saw snowflakes falling down. He hold his hands to let some fall on his open palms, happy to feel the cold snow announcing Christmas. Jongdae pulled out his phone to check the date and smiled as he noticed D-Day was close, getting lost in his sweet reminiscent memory.

Chanyeol was the one who hit on him first. Jongdae was a pre-med student at the time and he -as well as other selected classmates- had the privilege to visit the hospital during one afternoon. It was only granted for future med-school students with the best grades. They wore a white coat and could've been mistaken for real doctors. That's what currently happened. The students were walking in groups but suddenly MTs barged in the ER and doctors rushed to them. Jongdae was too curious so he rushed to see. A man covered in blood was unconscious.

"Forty-two year old man with history of diabetes. There’s 1.20 ml/g of alcohol in his blood." One of the MTs pushing the rolling bed said.

"What happened ? Why is there so much blood ?" One of the doctors yelled.

"The police said his wife reported him as an alcoholic. He was drunk and started to be violent towards her so she took the first thing that came to hand to protect herself. It was a kitchen knife. The wound isn't deep but it bleeds like hell." the MT answered.

“Alright, we'll take it from here. Get me five packs of O neg now, and let's get ready for surgery.” the doctor said before rolling inside an emergency operating room.

When the doctors got into the block, the MTs let go of the rolling bed. Jongdae stopped too, not allowed to get in.

“You think he’s gonna be ok ?” asked one of the MTs that brought the man.

“The doctors always do their best.” He answered.

“He shouldn’t die. The poor woman shouldn’t pay for dealing with a violent man. I hope he gets through this and goes to jail.”

Jongdae looked up, surprised to hear such a speech. It was what most people thought but never said out loud. Apparently, than guy was different.

“If she only protected herself, I think the police will statute for legitimate defense.” Jongdae said. “She should be fine.”

“I hope so.” The MT said. “Hey are you a doctor ? It’s my first time seeing you around.”

“I’m a fourth year pre-med student at SNU. I’m supposed to work here once I graduate.”

“So you’re a future doctor…” the man smiled. “Kim Jongdae.” He read his nametag then handed him his hand. “My name’s Park Chanyeol, I work as an MT but you probably already guessed.” He winked, making Jongdae chuckle but taking his hand for a handshake.

“Yeah I probably did. Hum, sorry, I have to go back…” he said, looking behind him.

“Yeah, me too.” Chanyeol admitted, noticing that his partner already left –probably to bother some nurse–

“So… It was nice meeting you.” Jongdae said.

“The same for you.” The tall lad answered with a toothy smile.

Jongdae nodded, smiling back, before turning his heels to walk away.

 

Three days later, when Jongdae was in the middle his microbiology class in an amphitheater, the door opened. He wouldn’t have paid attention to it if the intruder wasn’t a 1m85 tall dude with an MT uniform on. His eyes widened as he watched, mouth wide open, the man walked to the professor and whisper something to him. The man looked at the crowd of student and nodded with a sad look on his face. The MT scanned the crowd and climbed the stairs as soon as he saw Jongdae. Arrived at his level, he took him by the arm and dragged him out of the amphitheater.

“Yah ! Let go of me !” Jongdae yelled at him as they moved out of the class. “Yah Park Chanyeol !” he yelled louder, breaking free from the other’s grip. “What the hell are you doing ? Showing up in my class, kidnapping me. What’s wrong with you ?”

“Sorry about that.” Chanyeol said, rubbing his nape. “I just needed to see you.”

“Why ?” Jongdae asked, crossing his arms defensively.

“Maybe because since I saw you the other day, I can’t get you out of my head.” he admitted.

Jongdae blushed, looking at him with wide eyes. He wasn’t expecting this.

“I thought I’ll go crazy over you, so I knew I had to do something to see you again. Words aren’t my thing, but I’m a man of actions. You told me you were a fourth pre-med student in SNU, and here I am.”

“But how ?”

“I might have told the secretary lady I was a relative looking for you because someone in your family was in hospital. She saw my MT uniform and believed me on words. Your teacher too.”

Jongdae couldn’t help but chuckle and shake his head.

“You’re really crazy.”

“Well, do you mind having a cup of coffee with that crazy guy ?” Chanyeol pointed at himself. “At least to acknowledge my efforts.”

“I wouldn’t mind.” Jongdae smiled. “Actually, I am kind of flattered. No one has ever been so far for me before.”

“Yeah, well, I’m that kind of guy. When I want something, I just do my best. That way, even if I don’t get it, I don’t have regrets.”

“That’s an interesting theory.” Jongdae said. “But tell me, what did you exactly told to the secretary lady and my teacher.”

“That your father had a heart attack.”

“Are you crazy ?!” Jongdae shouted, hitting his arm. “Don’t ramble such crap, it’s bad luck ! Ah otoke ? I think I’m gonna call my dad. I have a bad feeling.”

They continued bickering all the way to the closest coffee shop. That’s how their story started.

 

“What about dinner tonight, the four of us ?” Kyungsoo asked during lunch break at the hospital cafeteria.

“I can’t. I have to meet up with Chanyeol, we’re going out.” Jongdae said.

“Nice !” Luhan approved. “You should never let work take over your relationship.”

“Well, today is our anniversary so I can’t miss it.” Jongdae smiled.

“Oh, really ?” Luhan asked. “That’s adorable. People says spring is love’s season but I feel December is even better, everyone’s lift up but Christmas’ spirit…”

“Gosh, dating Minseok is making you greasy.” Kyungsoo complained. “Have you brought Christmas gifts yet ?”

“Not yet, I’m still looking for it.” Luhan said. “It’s been ages I haven’t date.”

“I thought you and Doctor Wu were a thing.” Baekhyun said as his usual gossip-self.

“Yes, we were. But we never had a normal relationship, so I haven’t date in a common way in ages. I wonder what he would like.”

“Lu, the guy adores you. He would be glad with anything coming from you.”  Kyungsoo pointed out.

“Well, you’re probably right. I’m too awesome.” Luhan sighed, making Baekhyun fake puking and Kyungsoo hit him while Jongdae just smiled, amused at the scene.

“Hey guys, what would you like to receive from your secret Santa ?” Jongdae asked, making Baekhyun look at him with incomprehension.

“What are you talking about ?”

“It’s SNUH Christmas tradition. Every year around Christmas, we put every name of our department in a box and everyone has to draw a paper. You have to offer a gift to the person you draw but give it in a way she or he cannot suspect your identity. Everyone reveals itself on December 25th.” Kyungsoo told him.

“It sounds nice.” Baekhyun nodded, interested.

“It is. One Christmas, one resident draw his crush and offered him handcuffs. They slept together after that and I think they have been together ever since.”

“Oh, I remember that !” Kyungsoo suddenly said, chuckling.

“Wow, that’s daring !” Baekhyun exclaimed, amazed. “Who was it ?”

“Ah ah, not your business.” Luhan said mysteriously.

“I’ve always known he was bold and daring, but that was something.” Kyungsoo said to Luhan, amused by teasing Baekhyun’s curiosity. “I can understand him though. He’s truly hot.”

“Yeah, totally my hook-up type.” Luhan approved, nodding vigorously.

“What’s even a hook-up type ?” Jongdae asked.

“Simple : there are different types of guys in this world. Guys you want to be friends with, guys you want to start something and maybe settle with, and guys you fantasy a hot session with. He belongs to the third category for me.”

“You know what ? I would do him too.” Kyungsoo said, looking thoughtful.

“Oh really ?” Luhan smirked, eyes shining with excitement.

“Totally. But considering his stature, I rat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter