>> I love you mais encore

>> ER >>
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone ! As I promised, new chappie up ! I wanted to break my EXO bad vibe by starting anew on a very special day, my own birthday, on November 7. But well, my friends came along, I was out all day and night and got pretty wasted. Now that I slept and sobered up, here it is, one day late. The title of the chapter is the French song I love you mais encore by Starliners which I utterly love and inspire me a lot. Another song is mentionned, Take control by Krewella because I am obsessed with one Once Upon A Time fanvid Pan/Hook and the song has such a ual vibe I had to use it. As I said, this chapter is a PAST chapter. What you are going to read is not the current ER but what it used to be three years ago, a time where Luhan and YIfan had yet to meet and where Joonmyeon and Yixing were together. The first time is Seho first meeting, the second is Krishan. Chenyeol will be added in next chapter.

 

“You’re beautiful.” Sehun said in this special tender moment coming after love, his thumb his cheekbone. Those simple words never failed to make Joonmyeon blush and speed up his heartbeat since the first time he heard them.

You’re beautiful was the very first thing Sehun said to him when they first met. But the words alone would’ve meant nothing if it wasn’t for the look Sehun gave him while he said them. The special look, serious, focus and thoughtful, and at the same time rapt with wonder as if he discovered something beyond precious. Yes, Joonmyeon was sure of it, it was the way Sehun looked at him that made him fall in love for him three years ago.

Sehun would always remember the first time he saw Joonmyeon. Saw him, not met him. He just passed the exam to be a civil servant with flying colors, along with his middle-school best friend Kim Jongin. Since they were in the top of the ranking, they got to choose their 119 unit. It was great because choosing the same unit allowed them to stay together, and their choice was the best 119 unit of Seoul. Today was their first meeting with the Chief of the station, the managers of firemen and EMTs. Everything went well except for one thing: the Chief scolded him because of his platinum blonde hair.

“Do you think this is the kind of image a civil servant should give you punk ?” he had reproached him. “You better change that before your first day of duty or else…”

Sehun did not work his off and done all those efforts to put them to waste, so he rather not know what was behind the “else” and complied immediately. When he took the subway that night, he was resolute to turn the page of his youth -meaning capillary experiences- and get a less outstanding hairstyle.

He wasn’t planning on falling in love at first sight with a perfect stranger.

In the subway, he took a seat next to the doors before the crowd let no seat available. He was lucky, because this was very rare indeed during the peak hours. He didn’t notice so much of his surroundings, looking mostly at his feet. When Sehun was remembering those memories, he thought that it must have been fate. If he had put on his headphones and listened to music, if he had been texting or playing on his phone, he might have never looked up, and none of this would have happened, or at least not this way. But the thing was that he did look up. He did at the sound of someone laughing.

It was a clear, genuinely happy laugh, the kind which makes people want to laugh along or at least smile. A sound that made him feel warm and fuzzy. He looked up to catch a glimpse of the person who laughed. His breath got caught on his throat when he did. Against the doors right across him, in the crowded place, he saw an angel. White aura, white coat, white teeth showing as he laughed, everything about him looked pure and heavenly. Sehun blinked stupidly, as if to wake up from a dream. The angel was with another man, playfully punching his chest. He looked sincerely happy in that moment. Then the other man caught his small fists in his larger hands and told him something –Sehun couldn’t hear, he was too far- that made the little angel rose an eyebrow without stopping smiling and said something himself. It was the other man’s turn to laugh.

The subway arrived to his stop, but Sehun didn’t get off. He wanted to keep seeing this angel as much as he could. Suddenly there was an abrupt braking which throw people’s balance. He saw the angel fell upon the chest of the other man who caught him and held him tight. The angel had now his chin on the man’s shoulder and blushed. When he stepped back, probably to thank the man, their eyes met. Sehun was sure by now he could hear his heartbeats. He froze, and, immobile, drowned further into those dark, sparkling eyes. He hasn’t noticed how long they looked at each other. A second, a minute, he didn’t know. He only remembered the angel’s face breaking into a smile, kind and heart-melting, which left him blushing and breathless.

“Next stop, Apgujeong.” the automatic speaker said.

Sehun felt a pang in his heart when the other man took the angel’s hand and they walked out together, holding hands.

 

When Sehun came to work with a freshly-colored black hair, the Chief patted his back and smiled at him contently. His first few weeks at work were busy. The team leader of the firemen, Kim Minseok, was appointed to be his mentor. He was a good guy, quiet but brave on the field. Sehun admired and respected him a lot, but this didn’t meant he followed every orders. He was classified as reckless because a few personal initiatives on the field.

One almost caused his loss, and at the same time, saved his life.

The 119 unit was called for an explosion that caused a big fire in a factory. Minseok led his team through the fire, but Sehun, wanting to prove himself, went where he shouldn’t. A beam fell on him and he passed out.

When Sehun first regained consciousness, he was unable to open his eyes. He felt very heavy and warm, which made it difficult to finally wake.

“I should’ve stopped him.” He heard a voice, faint, from afar.

“Minseok hyung.” He thought.

“Don’t blame yourself Minseok-ah.” Someone said. “No one could’ve guess he will run inside. Aish, this kid is so troublesome…”

“Sunbaenim…” he recognized his Chief’s voice.

“Yah Oh Sehun ! Wake up you lazy ! Irona !” a half screaming, half crying voice exclaimed.

“Jongin-ah…”

“Leave him alone Jongin or I’ll ask the security to throw you out !” a voice snapped.

“Hannie…”

He out again. The second time, he could open his eyes. It was a blur at first, but after some time he distinguished the contours and outlines of the room around him, the machines linked to his body, the beeping sound of his heart monitor.

“Oh, hey there, glad you came back to this world.” A gentle voice told him.

“What…” he blinked weakly, trying to sit up.

“Oh, go easy there Sehunnie.” He recognized his best friend’s voice now, helping him up. “You scared the hell out of us, you know that ?” the nurse hushed, patting the pillows behind his back. “Are you comfortable ?”

“Yeah… Luhan…” Sehun hardly said, his voice hoarse from dry throat. “How long I was out ?”

“Couple of days.” Luhan told him. “I’m gonna inform your doctor that you woke up and make him check on you right away.” He smiled, patting his cheek. “I’m glad you’re back.” He said before leaving.

Sehun was looking around, noticing with great surprise that he was in an individual room, thing that was expensive in Korea. The first thing he tried to do was getting up, because now that he was awake, there was no reason he stayed.

“I wouldn’t do that if I was you.” A voice said.

He looked toward the door because the doctor just entered. He froze when he saw the angel from the subway smiling at him just like the first.

“Sehun, this is Kim Joonmyeon seonsaengnim, he’s your doctor.” Luhan said.

Sehun was in a blur. He didn’t hear or see anything else than the angel in white coat, just like before.

Beep ! Beep! Beep ! alerted the machine as Sehun’s cardiac rhythm went up suddenly.

“Seonseangnim, I think he doing arrhythmia !” Luhan exclaimed, panicked as he saw the heartbeats reaching 90 and still going up.

Doctor Kim rushed toward the patient and leaned toward him, using his stethoscope to hear his heart beats.

“Doctor Kim, 110 !” Luhan said, alarmed.

Sehun felt like burning when the doctor came so close to him. His heart was beating so fast it was aching. He detailed the angel’s face from close. He had a fair, white skin, well-defined eyebrows, long eyelashes, deep dark eyes mirroring his feeling –now, worry– cute button-nose, plump cheeks and lips. God, his lips…

“Sehun !” Luhan shouted at his him, taking his face on his hands.

As soon as Sehun broke eye-contact with the angel, he came out his trance. The machine show a return to normal as the heartbeats went on normal rhythm.

“What was that ?” Luhan asked the doctor.

“We’re going to make an electrocardiogram.” He answered. “I never saw a phenomenon of arrhythmia so sudden before. Has your friend health-factors that makes him person at risk for arrhythmia ?”

“It can’t be.” Luhan shook his head in denial. “Sehun is a fireman. He wouldn’t have been accepted to do such an intense job if he was.”

“Alright.” Doctor Kim said. “I’m going to schedule an electrocardiogram as soon as possible. Oh Sehun-shi, you have to rest a lot, we’re taking care of you.”

He was about to leave when he felt someone grabbing his wrist. Immediately, the machine biped again. Doctor Kim turned around to check it and saw the patient was holding his wrist. He frowned, not understanding what happened. Then the patient made eye-contact with him, and, with a look he couldn’t quite understand, told him :

“You’re beautiful.”

He was truly surprised and started to get worried.

“The neurologist told me his brain was fine. I will ask for a brain scan too.” The doctor said to the nurse.

“You’re beautiful, I truly mean it. Since the time I saw you in the subway, I’ve known. I just never imagined I would see you again.”

Joonmyeon gave the patient a look of incomprehension.

“Seonsaengnim, I think it’s you.” Luhan said as he looked at the scene. “You’re the reason why he does arrhythmia.”

Doctor Kim checked on the machine and realized that the moments the cardiac frequency went up was when he was near Oh Sehun. Medically, the patient’s heartbeat speeded up when he was near. But how could he explain that rationally ?

“If it’s the case, I will ask another doctor to take care of him. These sudden arrhythmia moments aren’t good for his heart.”

“I don’t want anyone but you.” Sehun suddenly spoke up, very serious, and the medical staff around him shared a look.

“What do you mean by that ?” the doctor finally asked.

“I don’t want another doctor. If it’s not you, then I’ll ask to be discharged.”

“Oh Sehun-shi, you can’t do that. We have to make a few exams to be sure you have no sequels from your accident.”

“I don’t care. It’s either you being my doctor or me leaving. And since you’re a doctor, I bet you’ll feel guilty if something happens to me if I go.” Sehun challenged him with his eyes.

Doctor Kim sighed deeply. He never had such a bold patient.

“Fine, I’ll be your doctor.” He eventually agreed. “Luhan, please get him ready for his electrocardiogram.”

When he left and the two friends were left alone, Luhan looked at him weirdly.

“What was that ?” he asked him.

“My love at first sight.” Sehun smiled.

“Sorry to break your silly slash creepy fantasies, but Kim seonsaengnim has a boyfriend.”

“I figured.” Sehun shrugged.

“Did you also figured that the man is a doctor at this hospital too, and that it’s been seven years they are together ?”

“No, I haven’t gone this far.”

“You better stop trying to hook up with Doctor Kim. It’s ridiculous. He’s committed already. People are betting on when they’ll finally tie the knot. He’ll never look at you that way.” Luhan scolded him before leaving the room.

 

Yifan and Luhan’s stor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter