>> Love Among the Ruins

>> ER >>
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After everything that happened with EXO this pasts few months, I had a very hard time to keep on writing my fanfictions about them. I got so depressed over this I thought of deleting every work related to EXO. This group I gave so much love to is now disintegrating  and I know now I would never be able to love them as much as before, mostly because of the reactions some members had about the others leaving, the harsh words and all... I can't deal with it. But as I was checking my stories and read the comments, I realised that writing fanfictions wasn't about a group. It's true I got inspred by them, but the ones that make me keep going are you guys, all my readers who kept encouraging me, looking for me because they like what I did. So I've made up my mind. I'll keep on writing, even if EXO doesn't insipire me like before. I'll keep doing so because you guys deserve it. Thank you for your support.

/!\ I don't know how or why but some spams got into this and redirect you to ads pages. Don't click on anything.

 

Sometimes, a strange thing occur in your sleep. You are dreaming, seeing things like an outer-body experience, conscious of the fact you are dreaming but unable to wake up. This was this kind of dream.

He was walking endlessly, seeing nothing around him until he abruptly came across a door. He pushed it and suddenly, he was in a room. He knew this room too well. Wooden floor, a balcony overlooking a garden. The sliding window was open, the white net curtain flying in the breeze. The only furniture in the room was an imposing, polished black piano. Someone was practicing on it, head down in focus, but the said head rose when he entered the room.

“Yixing !” Joonmyeon exclaimed, looking genuinely happy to see him, a slight blush on his cheeks.

Another brutal change. He was in an amphitheatre from his College years.

“Looking for someone ?” he heard someone said.

He tilted his head and saw Joonmyeon smiling, removing his bag from the seat he saved for him.

Again a change. He was visibly in a park, sitting on the grass, leaning on a tree. Joonmyeon had his head on his shoulder and leaned on him, playing with his fingers.

“You have musician’s hands.” Joonmyeon pointed out. “I really don’t understand why you didn’t pursue music and composition. You have a gift for it, such a pity to not pursue it.”

“You know why.” Yixing said, leaning his head to rest on Joonmyeon’s own.

“Yes I do but it makes me feel bad.” Joonmyeon said. “You applied in medicine to be with me. You could have been to Julliard on full scholarship.”

“I have no interest on going so far away.” Yixing reassured him, kissing his hair. “I told you countless times. My happiness is being with you. Furthermore, being a doctor sounds good to me too.”

Joonmyeon sighed but did not argue further. He stopped wondering how Yixing’s could commit that much to him long ago.

Another change. It was dark, and suddenly something warm touched his skin. He whimpered weakly and his eyelids fluttered. Joonmyeon stood there, the kindest heart-warming smile directing to him. He held a can of hot coffee to his forehead. Yixing rose his head, thinking he must have fallen asleep, his head in his arms, in a dark corner of the library while he was studying.

“Thank you.” he said, voice groggy with sleep as he took the can from Joonmyeon. “How did you knew I was here ?”

“When you didn’t come back home I started to get worried. I’ve been looking for you. And since your phone was off, I figured you’ll be here.” Joonmyeon explained with his perfectly logical mind. “Let’s go home. I think you studied enough as it is.” He said, already packing his stuff before carrying Yixing’s backpack.

In a blink of an eye, he found himself somewhere else again. He in the bedroom of what seemed to be their old tiny apartment, just before they moved into a bigger one near the hospital during their residency. He was lying in bed and felt someone wrapped an arm around him and cuddle on his side. He turned his head and saw Joonmyeon, hair dishevelled and a content face. He hugged his arm and placed a kiss on his shoulder, making Yixing smile.

“We are comfy here.” Joonmyeon said.

He only hummed in approval, too tired to speak, but that wasn’t the case of Joonmyeon.

“If only we could stay like this, just the two of us. Together forever.” he added, snuggling against his side, a gentle smile on his face.

The echo of his soft voice rang in his ears.

Together forever…

Together forever…

Together forever…

He felt himself falling into the void and awoke with a jolt. His breathing was ragged, he was hot and sweating. He wiped his forehead with a movement of the wrist and freed himself from his blanket by rejecting it to the side. He glanced at the alarm clock which seemed to taunt him. It was 2.27 in the morning. He sighed and stood up, directing  his steps toward the bathroom. He washed his face with cold water a few times after heading to the kitchen. He opened his fridge and took a can of beer before deciding to take a couple of it. He wasn’t that much of a drinker, but after this kind of dream, he needed a reviver.

He slumped on the sofa and the TV. He knew he will fail to fall asleep anyway. He opened a can and lazily drank a first sip, trying to find something interesting to watch. He settled for the National Geographic Channel which broadcast a documentary about penguins.

The penguin is monogamous, that is, it has only one partner at a time. A penguin couple can last very long, until the death of one partner.

He immediately turned off the TV and throw his head back on the sofa armrest.

“Tell me why…” he wondered, looking at the ceiling, “Why, despite all you’ve done, I am unable to stop loving you ?”

 

Kyungsoo bipped his pass and headed to the coffee machine. It was currently 5.45 in the morning, so he had the time for a coffee before starting his shift. When he arrived, he saw Jongdae looking for coins in his pockets and smiled.

"Let me treat you." he said, putting the money in the machine.

"Oh you shouldn't have !" Jongdae protested with a pout.

"And let you block the line ? I couldn't stand it any longer." Kyungsoo smirked to mess with him.

"Oh, sorry... Thank you anyway." Jongdae said, taking his brevage and allowing Kyungsoo to proceed to the machine.

"So, do you like it here ? It's gonna be six months soon right ?" he asked, picking up his now ready coffee.

"Hum." the young doctor hummed in approval. "It's really interresting, we really see a lot of things. And the staff is the best." he smiled at Kyungsoo.

"Don't be a smartass." Kyungsoo snorted. "Which department you want to join after you finish your residency ?"

"I don't know. I'm still thinking about it..." Jongdae said with a wondering gaze. "I was mostly thinking about Pediatrics and Surgery, but I am open to others. My only condition is to have a stable schedule so I'll be able to see Chanyeol more." he smiled to himself, looking all bubbly and it made Kyungsoo laugh.

"Well, if you want it, then you definitely need to leave the ER !" he pointed out. "There's no way you'd get a normal couple life here ! Just look at Kim seonsaengnim."

"Yeah, I noticed it too. Isn't it hard on him ?" Jongdae asked. "I mean, he's in a relationship with Sehun, right ? And Sehun be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter