Dragons in My Closet

Super... Dad? Eh, Close Enough.

“No! You can’t leave yet!”

Kris turned around at the sound his daughter’s sudden scream. Clutching her blanket close to her chin, eyes wide, lips slightly trembling, she stuttered, “Y-You can’t leave yet Baba!”

Slowly walking over to her bed, Kris took the blanket out of her clutches and helped her arrange her bed into a more comfortable setting. Sitting at the edge of her bed, he reached over and held her tiny hands in his. Brushing some strands away from her eyes, he watched as she gazed back up at him with a pair of frightened eyes; like a deer caught in headlights.

Combing his fingers through her bangs, Kris questioned, “What’s wrong baobei?” Glancing to the side of her bed, he continued, “We just switched in a new bulb for your night light.”

“B-but,… there’s something in my closet…,” at the mentioning of her words, he couldn’t help but chuckle a little.

“Ah, monsters in your closet, baobei?”

“No! They’re ugly, mean, fire breathing dragons that are trying to roast Mimi alive…” As she said this, she clutched her blanket closer to her face and made sure to hide her beloved stuffed bear underneath, shielding it from harm.

“Dragons?” Smiling, Kris patted her tummy before kissing her forehead. “I highly doubt there’s any fire breathing dragons in your closet baobei.” Tucking her back into bed, he stood up to go check her closet.

With his hand on the doorknob, he heard his daughter squeak in fear as he pulled the door to her closet open.

Oh, kids and their active imaginations.

Inside her closet, he of course, found nothing but rows upon rows of pink sweaters and gold tiaras. Stepping inside to reassure her that there was no dragons inside her closet, he began to say, “See. There’s no dragons in your closet.”

He watched as she took a peek from under her blanket. Raising his arms up, he smiled, “See, no dragons…”

Shaking her head, she said, “No, there’s a dragon in my closet right now.”

Her voice wasn’t as shaky as it was before though and Kris raised one of his eyebrows. “What do you mean, there’s no—

“You’re a dragon, Baba. A really tall, blonde one.” 


[A/N]: Been a while since I’ve written anything, but this was locked up in the notepad of my phone for a while~ So here you go! Hoped you guys liked it :) Will be posting one more update tonight!

xoxo, KP