I Know Kiddo

Super... Dad? Eh, Close Enough.

"Kids, I’m home!" Jongin announced as he walked through the door, shutting it behind him, an army of kids ran up to him. Laughing, he bent down to ruffle his fluffy children’s heads. "Yah, Monggu did you sneak into the pantry again? Looks like you gained a few pounds." 

Giving all of his fluffy children the love that they wanted, he stood back up and began walking to the kitchen. To his surprise, he didn’t find the back of his wife standing over the stove. Instead he found his little boy completely knocked out on the kitchen counter top, holding the drumstick of fried chicken in his tiny hands. Sniffling a laugh, Jongin walked over to him and sat in the bar stool next to him. 

Ruffling his hair, he said, “Yo kiddo, whatcha doing?”

Sleepily his son opened his eyes, groggily he rubbed his eyes with the heel of his hand. Smiling in a half awake and half sleep manner, his son said, “I was waiting for you of course, Appa.” He held up the fried chicken up to Jongin’s face, smiling yet again sheepishly, “Here, do you want my drumstick? I was going to wait for you but you were taking too long and… I was sleepy.” 

Taking his thumb, Jongin wiped the bit of fried chicken crumb off of his son’s lip. Smiling, he asked, “Is is chicken yummy?”

His son nodded his head enthusiastically, shoving the fried chicken even closer to his face, he exclaimed, “Here, Appa say ahhhhh.”

Following his son’s cute orders, Jongin opened up his mouth and said, “ahhh.” With that being said, he took a bite of the drumstick. Nodding, he gave his son a thumbs up. 

Smiling, he noticed that his son was slowly nodding off as he was beginning to talk. Shaking his head, Jongin took the drumstick out of his hand and laid it on the plate. Picking him up, Jongin carried him to the kitchen sink. Seating him on the counter top, he the faucet. Taking his son’s hands, he poured soap onto his tiny fingers and began washing them for him. 

"Appa… I’m sleepy."

Laughing, Jongin said, “I know kiddo.”

Drying his hands, he then picked up his son and carried him off to bed. Patting his son’s back, “Appa will come home early tomorrow, okay? Then we’ll eat all of the chicken you want to eat.”