iv.

 Y.T.T. / ˗ˏˋ THE FINAL STRETCH ˎˊ˗

JUNE 27, 2015
"Today's the day, guys," Eight cheered with a few of her members. They were all at the airport with their managers, waiting for the other guests to arrive. Today, they were going to go to Hawaii for three days and four nights, which everyone was excited for. The only downside is that they were only allowed seven guests of their choosing.

"Who'd you ask to go with you," Rie nudged Joyce, who had gotten a bracelet from Zelo. Rie had thought she would bring along Zelo, yet her answer was not what Rie was thinking. Joyce smiled before linking arms with Gummy, "I brought Gummy." Gummy eyed her weirdly before nodding, emitting a low laughter along with Joyce. Rie blinked multiple times before laughing as well.

"What about you, hm," Gummy asked towards Rie. "You were given an extra ticket of your choice. Who'd you ask to tag along?"

"Girls, Girls," Joohyuk suddenly walked into the airport, surprising the girls of his appearance, "We'll all reveal who we brought with us. Everyone's here, actually." The girls turned around to meet seven different people, some quite familiar to them. Everyone clapped for their guests' arrivals, seeing that their guests had bright smiles and large luggages for the trip.

"Guests! Please head to the person that gave you the go-go ticket and introduce yourselves," Dani clasped her hands, only to be taunted by Joohyuk who was suppose to be the MC of the show. Dani pressed her finger against her lips, "Shh, the guests are speaking!" Joohyuk was about to say something until Dani gave him a glare that quickly shut him up.

"Hello," a petite girl with a bright smile bowed towards everyone. "I'm Miss A's Suzy and Yeongie invited me since we haven't spent as much time as we used to. Thank you for having me!" Rie suddenly chuckled at Yeonyul's nickname of 'Yeongie,' which caused Yeonyul to stare her down. Rie just continued to chuckle as everyone clapped, yet Yeonyul was about to throw down with Rie. A girl in specific did not clap for Suzy's appearance due to the fact that she had realized that her rival was here in her prescence after such a long while.

"Hello," a tall figure bowed, her sweet and tender voice being evident to everyone. "I'm Huang Mei Rong, a nurse from Seoul Hospital, and little Eight here invited me because she didn't want to invite her own brother." Mei gave an innocent smile, which only made Eight hit her in the arm, "Yah. You weren't suppose to say that! Now Jackson's going to yell at me." Mei shrugged with a wide smile, making Eight roll her eyes and cross her arms in annoyance.

A girl wearing her hair up smiled and bowed, "Hello, my name is Kassandra and I'm not an idol." Her sudden choice of words filled the airport with laughter, which gave them a few glances and stares from people leaving and coming into the airport. The girl laughed before continuing, "Oh, and I'm also Constance's older, more loyal sister." Kassandra was suddenly hit in the arm by Connie, who gave her a glare. Kassandra had only replied with a heartfelt 'i love you,' which Connie hugged her for.

"As for me, I'm not an idol or 'huge star' myself, but I am Naomi's sister," A girl bowed, being patted on the back by Nae.O. "Hello! I'm Melanie and I'm a trainee." Everyone clapped, some even nodding at the fact that people had brought along their siblings.

"Ah, I think I'm the oldest here," A girl, who was shorter than Lya herself, bowed politely. "Wassup we 2ne1! Hello, 2ne1's Sandara here." She playfully waved to everyone, some even applauding loudly for her. Lya, on the other hand, applauded even louder than the others, which had gotten death glares from those in the airport.

"Hello," a quite excited girl bowed, waving soon after, "I'm Shannon Williams, and Val here brought me along since she knows I enjoy travelling." Rie nodded before adding on, "I only invited her because my other friends were busy and she didn't have any schedule, so." Rie shrugged, yet Shannon hit her lightly in the arm with a 'yah' coming out. Rie made a kissy face towards her, which Shannon only pushed away.

"I actually had no one to bring," Dani jutted her bottom lip into a pout, only to be hugged by Joyce who was standing beside her. "So, I gave my ticket to Joohyuk so he can bring along a friend."

Joohyuk then suddenly stopped, which made everyone quiet down, "Well, I did bring along a friend, but he said that he took an earlier flight to suprise Dani. I don't know, he asked if he could tag along. I didn't offer it to him, he took it from me and ran. That idiot." Everyone began laughing, seeing that Joohyuk's friend was not a 'real' friend in his eyes. "That aside, who's ready to go to Hawaii?" Everyone began to cheer loudly, people staring and glaring at the large group, before everyone headed to the gate to board the plane. Dani, on the other hand, tried to solve the mystery as to who is planning to suprise her.


Everyone had arrived at the Hotel as soon as possible in order to enjoy the rest of the day they had since it was nearing nightfall. As soon as their luggages were brought up to their designated rooms, they were suddenly stopped by Joohyuk, "Guys, guys. You don't get to your rooms that quickly. We have to play a game first!" Everyone began to groan at the idea of playing a game, seeing that the sun was slowly disappearing from the ocean view of their hotel. Joohyuk sighed in defeat, "Oh, fine. We'll play the game as soon as everyone's done. No need for bathing suits, though, since we'll be having a small bonfire. Swimming's tomorrow!"

Everyone nodded before running towards the elevators, followed by Joohyuk who was laughing at the group of girls. Suddenly, Joohyuk was stopped by someone pulling him down a hallway. With his fast reflexes and fear that was evident in his eyes, he quickly took ahold of the person in a headlock. The man screamed, yet the scream sounded familiar to Joohyuk. He quickly let go of the man, "Ah, hyung!"

The older figure rubbed his neck before punching Joohyuk in the arm, "Yah!" Soon they began to throw friendly punches at each other's arms until the eldest male spoke, "So, she's here?" Joohyuk nodded, "Are you going to join us for the bonfire later?" The male nodded as well before the two exchanged goodbyes until the bonfire.


Soon everyone, minus their managers who were enjoying a relaxing time at a nearby fair, was gathered on the beach around a blazing fire, feasting on food that was set for them. Despite the warm weather of Hawaii, it was quite chilly due to the small gust of wind. No one had thought of bring a sweater to Hawaii, so they had used blankets given to them by the staff and cameramen.

"Welcome to Idol Fire," Joohyuk introduced the segment of the show, only to receive weird glances from everyone. "What?"

"Really? Idol Fire," Kassandra asked, her eyes squinted from the sand that was being carried by the wind. Joohyuk nodded, "Well, it wasn't my choice, I'm just following these notecards here." He patted the notecards against his free hand before continuing with the broadcast, "Here we will get to know one another by asking each other questions. We will also be revealing everyone's secrets and maybe some old films that can potentionally embarrass you." Everyone began to groan at the thought of seeing their younger selves. Joohyuk gave out an evil chuckle, but no one heard him, so he just continued, "We'll start off with the questioning and then we'll get into the juicy tidbits of everyone. Who'd like to take a crack at it?"

Gummy's hand quickly sprung up into the air, which slightly shocked Joohyuk. He gestured towards her as Gummy quickly asked a question, "Joohyuk, do you like Lya?" Everyone began to emit various 'ooh's,' which only caused Lya to burry her head in Dara's shoulder. Joohyuk looked at Lya before shaking his head, "No. I don't have those kinds of feelings towards her, next!"

Dara rose her hand, "Joohyuk are you sure you don't have feelings for Lya?" Lya suddenly hit Dara on the thigh, yet she only laughed it off. Joohyuk, once again, shook his head, "I honestly don't have feelings for her. Why are you all asking this?" Everyone began to laugh until Suzy suddenly made a remark, "Yah! She's blushing!" Lya's head sprang up, only to continuously shake side to side in a way to say 'no' to her fellow members and the guests.

After the chaos of the two 'lovebirds,' Mei asked a question that was appropriate and not related to Joohyuk and Lya, "Suzy, how's it like dating Lee Minho?" Suzy chuckled a bit before giving an answer, "It's actually going pretty well. Though I've been busy, we haven't been seeing each other as often as we would like to, but we still talk through phone and such." Mei nodded her head. Suddenly Suzy gave a small smirk, looking at Eight who was scarfing down food, "Sanjna." Eight looked up to see who was calling her until she realized it was Suzy. She looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, "What?"

Suzy gave off an innocent smile that disgusted Eight a bit. Suzy cleared , "How's JB?" Everyone looked at Eight with widened eyes. Eight then questioned as to why she's asking that, yet she got the usual response of 'because I want to know.' Eight quickly drank water from the bottle she had laying about, "Fine." Suzy nodded before smiling at her friend that invited her, yet Yeonyul was clueless as to why she asked that kind of question.

"Well," Joohyuk suddenly broke the awkward tension that was arising, "Should we continue with this game or shall we watch some predebut things of everyone's?" Everyone suddenly broke out into groans before Joohyuk clasped his hands, "Videos it is!"


One of the staff members, with the help of the cameramen, hooked up a TV with a laptop in order to show the videos they had. The girls were scared to see their predebut selves, yet they had no choice. Joohyuk looked at one girl in particular, "Yeonyul. Remember when you were in a dance group called 'Firecrackers'?" Suddenly Yeonyul covered her face, letting out a screeching yell. Joohyuk chuckled a bit before telling the staff member to hit play.

Everyone began to comment on how well their main dancer did as a kid as Suzy was hitting Yeonyul in a playful manner. Yeonyul had only covered her face from the embarrassment of seeing her younger self dance. Joohyuk suddenly asked, "Which one is you?"

Yeonyul calmed herself down before widening her eyes a bit, "What? Oh! I was the one in the back during the beginning." Everyone began to rewind the footage to pause and see what Yeonyul meant. As soon as everyone realized which she was, they began to 'aah' and congratulate her for coming this far. Yeonyul thanked everyone, "My team actually won first place at the event." Everyone clapped, even Rie had clapped for her, as a late congratulations for getting first place as a child.

"Now," Joohyuk smirked once again, seeing as the girls began to get nervous. "Connie, remember when you did 'West Side Story'?" Connie suddenly covered her face as well before continuously saying 'no' under her breath. Joohyuk laughed a bit before telling the staff member to play it, "Skit to 1:09 so we can see Connie."

"Connie, Connie, Connie," Her members began to chant her name over and over, yet Connie continued to tell them to stop embarrassing her.

"Connie, you did great as Maria," Joohyuk commented before Connie thanked him, along with bowing for him. Everyone began to agree with him. "Wasn't this your first broadway production?"

Connie nodded her head, "Yeah, well, this was my first production being a leading role. I was in 'Hairspray' back when I was in high school, but I was just an extra in it." Suddenly Mei asked, "Do you have a video of her in hairspray?" Connie covered her friend's mouth, yet her friend only her hand. Connie quickly wiped her hand on her shirt, being disgusted at Mei's sudden .

"Sadly, we don't," Joohyuk said as he formed a pout on his face. "But what I do have is a video of Eight acting in 'Reply 1994,' if that's better for you guys."

Eight suddenly stood up and began to kneel in front of Joohyuk. Joohyuk was shocked at her sudden actions, considering that she was kneeling and putting her hands together, "Please! Oppa, no!" Joohyuk blinked before laughing, "Ah, are you doing a reenactment of the scene we're going to show? Roll the clip!"


(a/n in order to make this chapter not too lengthy, i will just show you toe seperate videos of the rest of the members)
< Nae.O's 'Stylenada' modelling >


< Lya's 'Model Diary' feat. KPLUS models >


< Joyce's surfing competition where she won first place >


< Gummy in B1A4's 'Beautiful Target' MV as lead girl >


< Rie's baby video brought in by Shannon >


"I honestly think that Rie's baby video was the most embarrassing of all of us," Eight laughed at the foreigner's baby video her sister had sent in to show. Rie covered her face in embarrassment, yet Shannon had only laughed at her 'brilliant' idea.

"Wait," Dani suddenly spoke up. All eyes went to her, who suddenly jolted in her seat, "So there's no video of me?" Joohyuk shook his head, which only caused commotion for the other eight members who had to go through the pain known as their old videos. Dani suddenly clapped, hearing that she does not have to see any embarrassing videos of her, yet Joohyuk stopped her midway. Everyone looked at Joohyuk, who had signalled for the same staff member to play an instrumental, which was of none other than Lee Seunggi's 'I'll Give You All.' Suddenly, Dani's eyes grew larger, seeing as to who was singing the song and approaching her with a large stuffed animal. Dani got up, but only stood up, as the man walked towards her with a smile, his voice being evident to the fact that he cannot sing well, "Lee Jongsuk."

Jongsuk smiled in her direction before handing her the stuffed cat he picked up at a nearby store. Her members, as well as the other guests, began to cringe at the sight of Jongsuk and Dani, some even covering their faces. Once the song came to an end, everyone clapped at the embarrassed Jongsuk who had to sing when it was not in his nature to. Joohyuk walked up to Jongsuk and patted him on the back, causing Jongsuk to hug Joohyuk in embarrassment. Everyone laughed, especially Dani who was still shocked at the fact that this was the first time that her and Jongsuk met again after the incident a few years back. Jongsuk walked up to her once again, yet it suddenly got awkward. They both bowed to each other then went on their seperate ways, Dani back to her seat and Jongsuk to his next to Joohyuk.

"What the," Joohyuk suddenly laughed, "You went through all this trouble and you don't even talk to each other? You just bow?" Everyone began to laugh along with Joohyuk, even Jongsuk was laughing. Joohyuk shook his head before telling Jongsuk to introduce himself.

Jongsuk bowed politely in his seat, smiling afterwards, "Hello. Lee Jongsuk here." He waved while everyone clapped their hands. Joohyuk patted him on the back, telling him that he was glad another boy came on the show today, which made everyone go into a fit of laughs and chuckles. Joohyuk then spoke to Jongsuk, "So! How do you know Dani?" Both Dani and Jongsuk looked at each other simultaneously, which everyone caught. Jongsuk then looked back at his friend, "Long story."

Joohyuk looked at Dani, who was playing with the ears of the stuffed cat Jongsuk had given him. Dani noticed Joohyuk before smiling his way, yet Joohyuk was able to put the pieces together, "Ah, I see."


After spending a good five hours on the beach, it had already struck midnight. Everyone had gone back to the hotel room to head to sleep, considering that Joohyuk had told them that they were going to need all the sleep they could get in order to enjoy their next two days with no filming whatsoever. All the girls were asleep, besides one room (or more like one person) in particular.

"Dani," Lya suddenly caught Dani's attention while she was laying on bed beside hers. "Did something happen between you and Jongsuk?" Dani just looked at Lya, and the question even caught the attention of their leader who was laying on the pull out bed of the couch. Dani looked at Gummy as well before shrugging. Lya and Gummy looked at one another before Dani told them that she was going to go and rest for the big day ahead. Lya was about to ask Dani another question until Gummy told her not to, in fear that it would somehow hurt Dani.

Dani hid under her covers, tears forming in her eyes as memories of her and Jongsuk began to fill her head. Suddenly she felt her phone buzz beside her. She looked at it, only to see that the text was from Jongsuk through Joohyuk's phone. Dani looked at the text before turning her phone completely off and putting it on the nightstand.