Q&A

As Sweet as Honey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First off, I would like to address something before I get into the Q&A. It seems that there's been some misunderstandings about the OC. Saying she doesn't deserve Luhan, or Luhan deserves someone else who is not her, that is fine, you readers are subject to your own opinions. But you must also see where the OC is coming from. It is not that she doesn't want to be with Luhan, or that she's pushing him away for no reason, because remember, she loves him too. She was there personally to witness him grow up and mature, which would of course result in a relationship where she obviously cherishes and cares for him deeply. However, it is because of these feelings, and because she loves him, this becomes the ultimate reason why she feels she could not be with him.

My very own interpretation of the OC is that she is quite selfless, and was being considerate of Luhan in her own way. She had the opportunity to actually date Luhan, since he too loved her in return, but was willing to sacrifice her own happiness in the hopes that Luhan would find someone better than her in the future. Think about it this way: If you love someone, wouldn't you want the best for them? This was the OC's way of thinking. She felt that she was, in fact, not the best for Luhan.

And maybe Luhan wasn't asking for her to be considerate of his "future", but keep in mind that she is an OC. Original Character. Translate: she has her own personality and flaws. You can't expect her to be a bubbly girl always looking for the more positive outlook in life, nor can you expect her to be a headstrong, drastically gorgeous female throughout the entire story. She is not perfect, she is just simply human. She is allowed to make the wrong decisions, say the wrong things, and behave and act in ways that may not appeal to you readers. I created this character with the concept of making her as human as possible, and she is the reason why ASAH is the way it is.

I'd like to elaborate on the topic of "decisions". In some people's eyes, the OC was ridiculous in the way she continually pushed Luhan away, and some of you actually interpreted this as an act of cowardice. However, from her perspective, it was the best decision, and in no way was she behaving as a coward. Sure, she could've disregarded all the judgments people would reserve for them and just go ahead and date Luhan, but what would happen in the long run? This is what makes the OC different. She did not believe that she was strong enough mentally for that, which is why she "pushed" him away. She wanted to better herself before even attempting to engage in a romantic relationship with him, but as stated multiple times throughout the story, she would allow it if Luhan found someone better than her; who was of equal status to him. In fact, she wanted Luhan to move on. It wasn't that she was expecting him to still be single and waiting for her by the time they were reunited in the first alternate ending, but a part of her was hoping, because she still loved him. Again, she was doing this out of love for Luhan. She was behaving in (what was misinterpreted by many of you readers) a selfless way.

Now, I am not trying to force you to think a certain way or change your opinion of the OC through this character analysis because, again, you are subject to your own opinions. It is completely up to you whether the OC is still undeserving of Luhan or not, but I just wanted to discuss this character with you, as it seems that quite a few misunderstandings have arisen.

 

Alright, I don't want to make that any longer than it already is. So let's move onto the fun part—the Q&A!

I'm pretty sure that most you transformers took notice, but for those who didn't, I just wanted to point out that the two alternate endings are linked, with the diverging point being the phrase: "He told me you loved me."

I've also rephrased some questions in order to make it easier to read, and combined a few since they were so similar to each other.

Poster by snowflake16.

 

Exclusive Alt. Ending 1 Q&A:

A lot of people asked: Did the OC end up with Yixing?

The most simple answer is no. The OC did not end up with Yixing. They had been in a relationship together previously, but had broken up some time before. However, the two have remained friends, seeing that they still communicate with each other. This answer applies to both alternate endings.

fi3srdn asked: I know Luhan already moved on, but did he still love her?

I can't quite say. I believe he still loved her, but more as a friend than anything else.

superjing asked: So both of them couldn't end up together because Luhan is sort of engaged?

It hasn't been stated whether he was engaged or married, but that's not the only reason why. It was a series of events. The main reason was because they basically had a "falling out".

pinnochi asked: Who is the lucky one engaged to Luhan?

I don't know. I figured it wasn't that relevant.

missNES asked: So my question for the first ending is, since when did Luhan move on?

During the six years he and the OC were apart.

yeolstruly asked (this also answers a question made by pinnochi): To Luhan: I want to hear it from him, why does he love her? Or why did he love her?

Luhan: This is a tough question. I can't exactly say why I loved her. Not because I can't think of anything, but there's just so much. I've known her for a very long time, so it was very strange for me to imagine a future without her. Whenever I was with her, she made me feel warm and relaxed. But since we've been apart for so long, I kind of forgot that feeling and moved on.

 

Questions No One Asked But I Would Like To Answer:

Why do you call your readers "transformers"?

I'm pretty surprised no one has asked me this yet, I was hoping someone would. But anyways, the reason why I call my readers "transformers" is because of my amazing username. Lol. I'm pretty proud of coming up with the idea on my own. But a few months later when EXO released their song Transformer, I was shocked to say the least. My friends were as well. Coincidences can be crazy sometimes.

Why did you decide on two alternate endings? Why not one ending?

Originally, I was only going to do one ending, but I felt very conflicted. I felt I had the power to either give the readers a realistic lesson on how the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter